Opinion Topine

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Topines stats from reserve grade this week.
1 try, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 15 runs for 201 metres, 84 post contact metres, 6 tackle busts, 24 tackles with 0 missed, 0 errors.
If that isn’t enough to push Stimson or Waddell out then idk what is.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Topines stats from reserve grade this week.
1 try, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 15 runs for 201 metres, 84 post contact metres, 6 tackle busts, 24 tackles with 0 missed, 0 errors.
If that isn’t enough to push Stimson or Waddell out then idk what is.
TOPINE MUST BE GIVEN A GO BEFORE STIMSON AND WADDLE.

David bit-Rich-io said :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People saying he's too small for FG. He did well in FG last year even if he was just a tackle bot. Why he hasn't had another chance since then on a wooden spoon team is beyond me. It was strange that he went from named to start to out of the 17 completely last week.

We need more effort players like him at the moment.. I hope he gets another shot soon to see what he has. We have nothing to lose at this point.

Doglover28

Waterboy
Reaction score
People saying he's too small for FG. He did well in FG last year even if he was just a tackle bot. Why he hasn't had another chance since then on a wooden spoon team is beyond me. It was strange that he went from named to start to out of the 17 completely last week.

We need more effort players like him at the moment.. I hope he gets another shot soon to see what he has. We have nothing to lose at this point.
I don’t get why people are still using the excuse of him being too small, if you look at Reuben Cotter at the Cowboys, him and Topine are the same height and weight, and Cotter’s effort shines more than him being “too small”

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don’t get why people are still using the excuse of him being too small, if you look at Reuben Cotter at the Cowboys, him and Topine are the same height and weight, and Cotter’s effort shines more than him being “too small”
Cotter has bulked up a tonne over the years but I agree with your point and I didn't see it being a problem for Topine last season. He did well in limited opportunities. Plus he was playing out of position at hooker.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Cotter has bulked up a tonne over the years but I agree with your point and I didn't see it being a problem for Topine last season. He did well in limited opportunities. Plus he was playing out of position at hooker.
The club can make a statement by picking him. We support juniors and we want to give a go to effort players.

C'mon Mick set a standard and send a message. It's hard to see Topine letting him down.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He needs to be brought in for enthusiasm alone. I’m not a fan of bringing him in now as I don’t believe he’s physically ready, but the team looks sad as hell. He brings energy, chat, and we are desperate for that stuff. We have one guy in JAC who brings enthusiasm. Can’t go across the whole field and pump em up by himself.

(yes I know that his World Wide Web weights and height match Cameron Murray and victor radley and they are of course 100% accurate and measured and updated daily, and they also are a very accurate indicator of each players strength and power)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He needs to be brought in for enthusiasm alone. I’m not a fan of bringing him in now as I don’t believe he’s physically ready, but the team looks sad as hell. He brings energy, chat, and we are desperate for that stuff. We have one guy in JAC who brings enthusiasm. Can’t go across the whole field and pump em up by himself.

(yes I know that his World Wide Web weights and height match Cameron Murray and victor radley and they are of course 100% accurate and measured and updated daily, and they also are a very accurate indicator of each players strength and power)
I reckon between JAC and Topine, they can share their energy with the slugs in our team.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of clubs have moved on from the three big forwards on the bench and are confident in playing a smaller forward or utility who can play edge or middle - particularly during the last 25 minutes. One smaller forward on the field throughout the game seems to work if they are high energy players not plodder types. They need to be high energy players - Topine n Morrin fit the mould

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of clubs have moved on from the three big forwards on the bench and are confident in playing a smaller forward or utility who can play edge or middle - particularly during the last 25 minutes. One smaller forward on the field throughout the game seems to work if they are high energy players not plodder types. They need to be high energy players - Topine n Morrin fit the mould
Yeah those guys are good utility players. I don’t get the JMK utility chat… he doesn’t bring energy, footwork which I think if exactly what a utility player needs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah watch this place go into melt down the first bad game he has, just hope they pick and stick with him.
2nd FG game, I'm expecting a few "bad games" this year from him. Comes with the territory of becoming a FGer.