News The Bulldogs in danger of losing sponsor

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It could also be a great marketing ploy. Sponsorship is not a benevolent gesture but a strategic decision to enhance your product & services. Now laundy has received great publicity without paying a cent, courtesy of drunkenfield & others. I think Singo's motto was no publicity was bad publicity. Certainly Laundy group has been receiving alot of publicity.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Does this guy ring up the papers every week to talk shit about the club?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No the opposite the media love shitstirring.And the old guy has "no filter" disease, I've seen the same in many people much younger.
Also disagree he is an egomaniac lol but each to their own character assessments

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I hope we're never desperate enough to have to get another egomaniac sponsor like him who wants to interfere with everything and make it all about him, not the club.
It’s not the first time though, we had Garry Johnstone from Jaycar who was much the same. I think it comes with the entrepreneur turf. If you want to avoid it; you need to go big corporate like KIA. It just depends on what the club is able to attract based on its current realities. Wharby has shown so far attracting sponsors hasn’t been a major issue, but whether we can attract the $1m+ sponsors in the current climate is the issue.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are definitely not short of attracting sponsors anymore. Laundy will need to line up if he wants a renewal

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They must have hit him up to pay full price for his sponsor patch now he crying and as for barrett it didn’t work move on

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
No idea why Arthur Yawndy still running his mouth, must think the club needs him or something.

On your mobility scooter old man, we don’t need you or your shitty looking sponsor

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.

The Carnt was in the tigers box? Fuck him.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ-ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ ꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴏʀꜱʜɪᴘ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴛᴇʟ ᴛʏᴄᴏᴏɴ ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ ʟᴀᴜɴᴅʏ

Via Telegraph Sport Buzz Rothfield

While Laundy is upset about the sacking of his close friend Trent Barrett, this has more to do with the Bulldogs ignoring his offer to mentor players and provide financial and career advice to help them transition into retirement.

Laundy’s two-year sponsorship deal is up for renegotiation.

While the jersey exposure for his chain of hotels has always been important, Laundy’s real passion and motivation was to help the players.

Yet he feels unwanted.

“I made it clear when I first signed up that I wasn’t there just to put my money in,” Laundy said. “My expertise is not football but this was to be a partnership.

“I didn’t want a seat on the board and I didn’t want to get in the way of management.

“However, there were areas like talking to the players in a mentoring role.

“I’m 81, I’ve been around a bit and I wanted to help some of the young fellas.

“The average career span for an NRL player is only five years.

“I want to tell them to invest in bricks and mortar rather than flash cars.

“I’ve helped a lot of young fellas in the past and I can speak about success.

“Anyway, they’ve ignored my offer.”

You look at the behaviour of the likes of perennial ratbag Paul Vaughan.

How he walked out of training and spat abuse at the waiting media on Monday.

And how Laundy could have spoken to him around respect, decency and being a role model.

You think of the gambling issues in the game that have ruined so many players.

The billionaire hotelier makes no secret of his disappointment surrounding recent events at Belmore.

“At the moment, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future,” Laundy said.

“We’re due to have talks now because the sponsorship is up at the end of the season.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not disappointed.”

Laundy is actually a mad-keen Wests Tigers supporter.

He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.

He is the only sponsor that comes out and sooks all the time where better off with out him
stopcomeback-willywonka.gif