• Baz sacked at the end of the season

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Baz survives by selling his soul to the devil

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When Craig took over Melbourne he realised they needed some work and he went all out. Culture and work ethic. Baz needed to do the same, he talked the talk. Work on what he got wrong at manly, unfortunately we were the problem and he was to young in his career for what we needed, we needed a hard nosed coach that was honest, yep he got some recruits, I was optimistic, but I met flanno at the origin a few yrs ago in Perth and I said to dad that’s who we need.
halfbacks and coaches are in high demand but we can see we need both.
Barret unfortunately isn’t a coach, all the others although under pressure have beaten us, Ricky, O’Brien, walters and payten have all improved even the tigers are scoring points under Madge, we suck we are the worst team in the comp, loyalty means nothing when you are loosing. Gus got us a 9 and a 11, Baz got us a lot of rejects apart from burton and jac, Baz had a chance and he’s been given every opportunity to get a decent team on the park. But we are so slow. I have backed him, never gave up until we lost to brizzy a few weeks ago, we held on as most teams do in the first few weeks. But now we look like we’ve played 100 rounds with no brakes, we look tired.
Thomson shit
Naden shit
Jmk shit
Oks shit
Avo shit
Jackson shit
Waddell shit
Dufty shit
Tpj lost
Vaughn over it
Wakeham shit
Jac looks slow due to no go forward and our centres aren’t skilled
What’s he’s created is nothing short of a joke and he won’t change it.
melb lost the other night to Penrith and they said they played liked under 12’s if that’s the case we have to be 17 blokes who Brought a netball Game To the nrl.
we need another clean out but Baz isn’t the answer. If I got 4 days right out of 35 in my job I’d be gone. I’d love ciraldo but I think the dogs need Shane, we need a hard coach, someone that has nothing to prove. Someone that’s going to tell jmk he needs to look elsewhere for career

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we are to be taken seriously as a club, he needs to be gone with his coaching staff! The results have been shocking and the players are no longer playing for him, great guy but not an NRL coach! Flanagan to come in as intern and given first crack at proving what he can do.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suspect it could got a few ways.

Hopefully it's a case of "right, tell us who the problems are and sack them, or you follow them out the door".

Either Furner, Sandercock and Ferris get sacked, OR Barrett will join them.

It could also be a case of "we are bringing Shane Flanagan in as consultant coach for you Trent, who who goes out of Sandercock and Furner, and who replaces Ferris".

Head Coach: Flanno
NSWRL Coach and Asst Coach: David Tangata Toa

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think our only saviour for this club atm is Bennett or Bellamy other than that no one can save this mess… if we want quick success,quick results we need the coaches I just mentioned… other than that we will be waiting another 4-5 years for success with any other coach… enough of this rebuilding, our squad is too young crap…
This.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the coaching staff will be at Centrelink on Tuesday but Barrett survives for now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the club will want to be seen as too hard on this but I'd say Barrett will get an ultimatum of "no more than excuses, you've been given every resource you requested, you have X number of games to save you and your staffs jobs."

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can’t see anyone being sacked this week but it’s the start of the process. If we win a couple of games it will draw it out a little longer until the next bad loss when they pull the trigger.

JaTT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gus will be asked for his opinion and the board will either give Barrett new assistant coaches or Gus' role will be expanded. Baz won't be sacked yet.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely he's gone soon. There's way too much smoke.. Keeping him around much longer just turns the club into more of a circus and will lead to more thrashings.. He shouldn't be allowed to ruin the young players like Kiraz and Credence who can play from round 11. He's done enough damage already.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He will get dragged over the coals and given some sort of ultimatum I'd say.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How will the players react to all this hoopla.

Do they care.

Will they be dragged over the coals as well.

Depressing state of affairs atm.

Can only help it leads to better short term results and a clear long term pathway.

If there was an obvious standout replacement coach then it would all be part of the needed clean out but there isn't.

I worry bc Pay and Barrett were poor choices when a hard nut experienced coach was needed back then even and look how that turned out.

With no standout coach suitable atm I see that clearing out support staff with high quality assistants is first priority and Gus as a very heavy influencer on Barrett until we see how that works out.

Of course it all depends on player interviews with Gus and feedback from their managers. If Barrett has in fact lost the dressing sheds then a change of coach immediately...but these players better be put on notice themselves as well.

However this goes does down don't expect anything much different from what Gus said at the beginning...it's gonna take a fair while to fix...no matter who GM Football, coach, asst coach and players are...loser attitude is so deaply imbedded into the team and staff it looks, and the upheaval will have a huge impact on this weak resolve at our club.

It's way too important to be having emotional rushes of blood and wiping out the infrustructure and blowing up the joint.

It all needs to happen but in a sensible planned way that allows for the plan to become self evident and obvious as the only solution.

Give them the time to put it all in place if that's the decision. Jumping in like a bull in a China shop might not be the best way.

Malla

Reaction score
Only 2 options from here
He coaches out the rest of the year but leaves at years end
He’s gone this week, Tangles takes over as care taker coach for the rest of the year until we find a replacement
While I think Barrett is a huge part of the problem, Furner and Ferris are also just as much liable and they’ll fuck off too

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How will the players react to all this hoopla.

Do they care.

Will they be dragged over the coals as well.

Depressing state of affairs atm.

Can only help it leads to better short term results and a clear long term pathway.

If there was an obvious standout replacement coach then it would all be part of the needed clean out but there isn't.

I worry bc Pay and Barrett were poor choices when a hard nut experienced coach was needed back then even and look how that turned out.

With no standout coach suitable atm I see that clearing out support staff with high quality assistants is first priority and Gus as a very heavy influencer on Barrett until we see how that works out.

Of course it all depends on player interviews with Gus and feedback from their managers. If Barrett has in fact lost the dressing sheds then a change of coach immediately...but these players better be put on notice themselves as well.

However this goes does down don't expect anything much different from what Gus said at the beginning...it's gonna take a fair while to fix...no matter who GM Football, coach, asst coach and players are...loser attitude is so deaply imbedded into the team and staff it looks, and the upheaval will have a huge impact on this weak resolve at our club.

It's way too important to be having emotional rushes of blood and wiping out the infrustructure and blowing up the joint.

It all needs to happen but in a sensible planned way that allows for the plan to become self evident and obvious as the only solution.

Give them the time to put it all in place if that's the decision. Jumping in like a bull in a China shop might not be the best way.
There are few if any coaches available who could change this mess.
I wanted Baz to be a success but unfortunately it hasn’t happened.
My concern is that if Baz is sacked Gus may walk which will effect future recruitment.
To be fair you can’t blame him for DUFTY refusing to tackle , Naden and Okunbur continually dropping the ball. Jackson and Waddell continually giving penalties away and a dummy half that takes an age to pass the ball.
Unfortunately there are not any better players than those he has been selecting.
Those who have been calling for JMK to be dropped need to watch reserve grade to realise that Cook for example is worse.
So I would keep him unless someone suitable suddenly becomes available. He needs help that’s for sure. Firstly we need a halfback that doesn’t prop before the line and allow defenders to slide onto everyone outside him.
That would be a start.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d say he already had the talk of needing to win so many games in the next few weeks before the roosters game. 2 out of next 3 or something. You can see it on his face the tension growing each week. They have already had that chat.

I would say he is told today he won’t be here next year and he can see out the year and try turn it around for his career somewhere else. Or he is sacked today. Support staff sacking won’t help a lost dressing room.

It would be good to know what side the players are on. Their results say they don’t support him.