Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me either... All he had to do was coach to our players strengths / limitations and be honest about that in the press conferences and then I could live with it. He has taken us for a ride with a style that doesnt suit our players.
Very stubborn to stick with the attacking structures that were clearly beyond the skill set of our roster. Any fan could see it but he persevered. Extremely poor coaching. That and the dropping of Avo after putting in a season and a pre season with him was fkn madness. Avo was never going to be a NRL half

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He was an assisstant coach for Tonga. Woolf would be my favourite but I think he is more of a risk then Flanno
Yeah I like Woolf, but agree... It wouldn't be very hard to coach St Helens let's be honest. I'm on the Flanagan train, just hope if he gets the gig Burton likes him

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully if someone is sacked it dosent cause a domino affect with some players and sponsorship.
Players and sponsors will already walk with the results so far

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Maybe I worded that wrong mate. I have no info about Flanagan what I meant was there seems to be two distinct groups you either really want Flanagan or you really don’t. I don’t want him any near the club for a bunch of reasons.
I was in the strict no camp but I just think he's the best available with the style we need. Other than that Bellamy.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As long as they make the call it doesn’t bother me if it happens now or in 10 weeks. I respect others have a different view on it but it means very little in the medium to long term.
He is poisoning the environment, get rid of him tomorrow, best thing for the players, nothing worse listening to a an unsuccessful coach you know is out the door anyway.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was in the strict no camp but I just think he's the best available with the style we need. Other than that Bellamy.
I never really rated him as a coach he got the stars to align once for the premiership but he had plenty of negatives about him.

The two major issues I have is that he hasn’t been a head coach for over 5 years and barely even a assistant coach in that time. Then theres the whole Kyle thing I can’t see anyone being halfback other than Kyle while Shane is in charge.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing that has ultimately cost Baz his job is signing Kyle to a 3 year deal. No team can win without an NRL standard halfback.

Not sure if hiring Kyles dad is the answer

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe I worded that wrong mate. I have no info about Flanagan what I meant was there seems to be two distinct groups you either really want Flanagan or you really don’t. I don’t want him any near the club for a bunch of reasons.
Yeah Flange would be another major mistake in my opinion and I don’t know if I can do another one lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I like Woolf, but agree... It wouldn't be very hard to coach St Helens let's be honest. I'm on the Flanagan train, just hope if he gets the gig Burton likes him
You're right about St.Helens. But what he's done with Tonga makes me think he's legit. To beat Australia, NZ and England is unheard of and can't be understated. Tonga used to get belted by 30 in those matches. Now they're a powerhouse. He'd be my preferred choice.

Everyone talks down the Super League but Robinson came from there, as did MaGuire. Whoever we sign will be a risk and have question marks.