The Barrett clause

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a player actually activating one of these clauses over the past 20 years? They always get talked about but I’m struggling to think of one case where it’s ever happened.
Boyd followed wayno around.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Might be the Penrith and Manly players , seeing there is a connection
So TPJ , Burton , Naden & Waddell

3 of them are no big loss ….. Waddell however … how will you cope ?
TPJ was already signed by you guys before he did his little cameo at Penrith and TBaz was already arranging the lawn furniture at Belmore. Burton is the only one that is likely to have it that would matter.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could this be the reason Gus has apparently not registered Mahoney and Kikaus contract?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What's the point lol. Barrett won't be a first grade coach in the NRL if he is sacked... So where are they going to go ? The vast majority of them won't be able to negotiate for more money as they have been playing like shit

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't know if It's mentioned, but I wouldn't want ANY player at our club with a baz clause. Just shows their fkn stupidity.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If any player doesn’t want to be here they can go now.

Any player that leaves because of “a Barrett” clause won’t be going to ever be coached by Barrett at any stage unless they love him so much they want to play park football. Barrett’s days as a head coach will be over if he is sacked.
Might get a gig at Penrith high as pe teacher

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just like the Des clauses back when he was under pressure, not winning allows so many dodgy stories all the time
There's no clauses load of shit Barrett is gone and if there are players that don't want to put there heart on there sleeve they can fuck off also we need to be real here we need to get tough again, things will change in the next 3 years trust me dogs will be top 4 team you wait and see???

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have inside news I know bulldogs well supported for 51 years and there are good times ahead get ready for it big news coming

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a player actually activating one of these clauses over the past 20 years? They always get talked about but I’m struggling to think of one case where it’s ever happened.
I think Darius is one that comes to mind....

The clause isn't so much coz you want to follow that coach everywhere. It's to give the player a contractual out, in the event the coach is gone and they aren't satisfied with the replacement.

For those of you that don't know, I have a Payne Haas clause. If he joins our club, I'm out.

Hate the prick

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would we insert such a clause. He isn’t a top tier coach. Barrett may have close ties but he isn’t a Bellamy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Darius is one that comes to mind....

The clause isn't so much coz you want to follow that coach everywhere. It's to give the player a contractual out, in the event the coach is gone and they aren't satisfied with the replacement.

For those of you that don't know, I have a Payne Haas clause. If he joins our club, I'm out.

Hate the prick
Any besides Boyd? It’s certainly not a common thing at all despite the attention the clauses receive.

I should have a Shane Flanagan clause I’m going to find it very hard to get behind that appointment should it happen. Wasting several more years with Kyle at halfback isn’t my idea of a good time.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Money will trump loyalty especially when players may struggle to find gigs elsewhere on their current form.

I doubt a player would choose to leave when they know that they will take a pay cut to play elsewhere and tbh if a player does choose to leave then they don't deserve to wear the jersey.