Official Trent Barrett’s future consolidated thread

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't think that would settle anyone down. Plus That would be conceding this season and I'm never a fan of that, it's a waste of time and time that could be used moving forward.
Definitely won’t settle the fan base, at best maybe call the media off for a few more wks. I think it’s time for Baz to be moved on, but I just get a feeling it won’t be this wk, but very happy to be wrong about this gut feeling.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Definitely won’t settle the fan base, at best maybe call the media off for a few more wks. I think it’s time for Baz to be moved on, but I just get a feeling it won’t be this wk, but very happy to be wrong about this gut feeling.
I think everyone knows what they need to know. Don't see why wasting time would help the situation. The club has had 10 weeks to have a plan B, longer if they're fully squared away.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
By not sacking him tomorrow means the board are happy to completely write this season off without giving a fuck about the progression of our young pups.

Honestly it would be unbelievable if not sacked tomorrow.
Is it really that big of a deal? What benefit did we get from the games with Georgeallis in charge as a interim and mixing the side up?

It’s already a disaster of a season and the interim coach can only do so much. As long as they get it all sorted and a new coach in place for day one of preseason what happens this year is pretty much irrelevant now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't think that would settle anyone down. Plus That would be conceding this season and I'm never a fan of that, it's a waste of time and time that could be used moving forward.
It won't settle us down, just makes us doubt the brain power of the board that they can't see the fucking obvious.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If they did that, they'll have till next game to get things right otherwise the fans will literally camp in front of the leagues club and cause a riot.

They wouldn't be that stupid knowing the current sentiment of the fans to announce an announcement for tomorrow and come out with a statement like that.

They wouldnt poke the bear like that....
Fair call mate, I just don’t trust the club to do the right thing anymore so I’m expecting to be let down again after this emergency meeting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they are willing to give him more time than what's the point holding a emergency meeting. They could tell him behind closed doors and avoid all the media attention.

Whatever they choose to do, we need to hear it first from the club as they need to front the fans, fess up and give us signs that there is improvement otherwise they are just as bad as him.
It’s more of a face saving exercise to make it look like they aren’t making a rash decision and giving Tbaz every chance to coach his way out of it.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Do we know what time of day (Syd time please) the Board meeting is? Steve Hansen as interim coach till year's end?