Official Gus on Twitter

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the kid grew up in penshurst, that’s close enough we can claim him.
Has my full support fkn take it with both hands, said in another post club should not avoid his defence issues should have him working on it sports psych whatever it takes, defence is gonna be an issue we need a fucken celebrity overhaul with defence.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ask yourself this would Averillo and JAC ever be mentioned as a origin FB ? Even if half the comp is out injured they wouldn’t. Allan isn’t as bad as you all are making out to be. I rate him higher than Dufty at Fb. He is the best FB at the club
If Allan can get back to his Souffs form which saw him represent QLD then he becomes valuable for us covering FB, Wing and Centre

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ask yourself this would Averillo and JAC ever be mentioned as a origin FB ? Even if half the comp is out injured they wouldn’t. Allan isn’t as bad as you all are making out to be. I rate him higher than Dufty at Fb. He is the best FB at the club
Because his dad was coach.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham is in his final contract year next season. He knows he needs to train hard and play well to earn another contract somewhere which is going ti be tough because we have 4 young halves all competing for the one halfback spot that’s up for grabs in our team.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well seriously you do have to make allowances for size dont you? :grinning: Like comparing a grown man muscling up on a teenager? Seems fair :grinning: plus she's the Aussie Sheila. You go girl lol.
Is that Kerr?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett let Allen go from the Broncs, wouldn't play him at Souths until they had injuries, then didn't want to keep him again. He played OK on the end of a team of stars but only played Origin because he was the last man standing for QLD. He played well in 1 game after a shaky start but he's really done nothing else. If he gets a go I hope he plays well and impress's some other teams.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC probably gets first crack at replacing Dufty?
the bloke hasn’t even played a game yet, if he does happen to fail then prob fox but i reckon he’ll have a blinder. if that’s the case then he’ll want another contract. if he has a cracker season we’d obviously want to keep him though? he’s never played in a team as stacked as ours, dragons have been trash for years and he hasnt had the opportunity as he does for 2022. if he falls on his face and he’s hopeless then i’d say fox to 1 and either a development player bought in or a cheap winger purchased. to be honest i’d like to see fox play 1

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he’s better than untried averillo who’s terrible one on one and can’t catch a high ball 100%. probably 3rd in line behind dufty who’s actually played nrl fullback and fox who’s played the position in junior footy and a proven nrl player i’d say

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
how should averillo be in front of anybody seeing as he’s never played fullback? genuinely asking because i don’t get this avo to 1 thing
I guess it shows how bad I think Allan is. Averillo's a player with potential and there are similarities with five-eighth playing fullback (also gets BBO in the team and I want both of them in the team). I don't agree that Averillo can't catch a ball or can't tackle 1 on 1, especially when comparing to Allan. I think JAC would be more ready right now. Allan just needs to go asap.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it shows how bad I think Allan is. Averillo's a player with potential and there are similarities with five-eighth playing fullback (also gets BBO in the team and I want both of them in the team). I don't agree that Averillo can't catch a ball or can't tackle 1 on 1, especially when comparing to Allan. I think JAC would be more ready right now. Allan just needs to go asap.
You’re making it out like Allan is as bad as Damien Ford or Nick Youngquest. Yes he didn’t set the world on fire but who in the team did? At Souths surrounded by quality players he performed well linking between the halves and outside backs. I definitely don’t think he’s our long term fullback, but I’m saying we had bigger problems than Corey Allan last season

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd be happy to move allen on before 2022 if possible and if dufty's no good throw JAC to 1 with Masters/Burns on the wing