Preseason watch: pictures, videos, info for the 2022 preseason

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Other teams are getting fly on the wall pre season documentary style content

We are so behind the times with content

Even a podcast specifically for fans interviewing past and present players would be good, have Mase or someone like that host it

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys, I got your backs, never fear dogwhisperer is here.

Spoke to the Chairman at Canterbury Leagues last night.
I requested we get more videos & pictures of the boys at training on the website.
He said no worries, he'll speak to the digital team and make sure it's done.
I said thousands of fans want it done.
Great news I was watching a few others teams they all have weekly content and it normally goes for longer then 30 seconds hahaha

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What gets me is they clearly take more photos than they put up. You can tell because individual players sometimes put up photos on their IG that weren't released on our socials, so they must distribute these to the players internally. I've noticed a couple of people complain about lack of content on social media and only get a smart arse emoji reply.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What gets me is they clearly take more photos than they put up. You can tell because individual players sometimes put up photos on their IG that weren't released on our socials, so they must distribute these to the players internally. I've noticed a couple of people complain about lack of content on social media and only get a smart arse emoji reply.
We’ve become arrogant again. As long as we dominate on the field to back up that arrogance

cenz1111

Waterboy
Reaction score
Question folks.. Is training open for general public to attend?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We’ve become arrogant again. As long as we dominate on the field to back up that arrogance
I genuinely think they don't actually give a shit, it's disappointing to see the club treat the fans like this. It's also not as if they're being secretive considering anyone can rock up to a field session. Meanwhile at Liverpool I can watch the senior players interviewing kids in the academy, players sharing bits and pieces about their culture, inside training, inside Anfield, etc.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I genuinely think they don't actually give a shit, it's disappointing to see the club treat the fans like this. It's also not as if they're being secretive considering anyone can rock up to a field session. Meanwhile at Liverpool I can watch the senior players interviewing kids in the academy, players sharing bits and pieces about their culture, inside training, inside Anfield, etc.
I know man, tell me about it. It's an area we've lacked in forever.

I would love to see some of the fly on the wall stuff. And it doesn't have to be the game plans, or tactics, and all the wheelings and dealings or any of the private stuff. I mean why can't they show us TBaz in the sheds addressing the players before the game, half time and after the game after a win or loss. They can edit the stuff they don't want to show. Or even the coach or players mic'd up at training. Gym sessions, video sessions. Or a video showing you a day in the life of one of our players on game day or training day. They did one last year on Flanagan, it was short and all I took out of it was that he likes coffee.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I would love to see some of the fly on the wall stuff. And it doesn't have to be the game plans, or tactics, and all the wheelings and dealings or any of the private stuff. I mean why can't they show us TBaz in the sheds addressing the players before the game, half time and after the game after a win or loss. They can edit the stuff they don't want to show. Or even the coach or players mic'd up at training. Gym sessions, video sessions. Or a video showing you a day in the life of one of our players on game day or training day. They did one last year on Flanagan, it was short and all I took out of it was that he likes coffee.
I have contacted the club a number of times over the last ten years about the website / lack of quality communication - rarely have i got a reply - iv tweeted to Gould a number of times this year (as an aside to responding to his tweets) also about the woeful website.

All the content should be accessible through the website - shouldnt have to be on twitter / facebook / instagram to get the info. Website needs to be one stop to access everything that the club puts out - shouldnt be that hard.

BTW - apparently HM and Sgball are trialling against Penrith on Saturday - found that info on the the Kennel n Goulds twitter.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

It's really disappointing, I don't know what else to say. Anyway I can watch R9 streaming games these days so whatever :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They’re purposely pushing out limited content mate. I spoke to the content producer. It will increase in frequency but not yet.
The purpose of this strategy is so people like us are hanging out for content
That's how you do it. Don't want to produce all this content, publish it and then have nothing for days. You can also put too much out and cause information overload. I'd probably like more content too, but the reality is, it's very early in the offseason/preseason so I'm satisfied with what we're getting based on that. Edit: plus we have Gus adding some comment or new info.