The merry-go-around to get Mahoney early

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
To punish Cheese he’ll play a full season at 13 or off the bench getting half of what the Rorters are prepared to pay. Can’t see Storm releasing Cheese to a main rival, that is unless he’s completely ballsed up his relationship with coach and club and majorly pissed off teammates.
Almost positive that’s in Melbourne’s plans
I hope they make him pay the $50k deferred fine that they handed out to him after the "I don't remember" cocaine incident?

Always a Bulldog

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't understand why would Smith behave like this ?
We all know he is a lurking funny and crazy sometimes but his behavior since the cocaine drama and now the contracts issue is beyond comprehension, it leaves me with one or another reason,
1. Is Melbourne forcing him to stay and by not allowing him a move to other clubs pushing him to behave disgracefully in order to force a move ?
2. He is a simple arrogant idiot who has no respect.
I like him as a player but glad we've signed Mahoney !

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. Came up on my twitter feed. Didn't even look at dates.
Deleted the post

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had me going till I looked at the date
Reminds me of this beauty, can't believe they never deleted it

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To punish Cheese he’ll play a full season at 13 or off the bench getting half of what the Rorters are prepared to pay. Can’t see Storm releasing Cheese to a main rival, that is unless he’s completely ballsed up his relationship with coach and club and majorly pissed off teammates.
That would be great to see play out.

Then watch Uncle Nick rally all his 'paid' journalists to try and instigate a mid season switch by writing about how unfair it is by Bellamy and Melbourne that Smith has to play lock and Melbourne should now let him go so that he can play his preferred position as hooker after years of great service.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

How is that still on our website hahahaha

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no point releasing Cotric from his 2022 contract now unless another club is happy to pick up all of his contract. I think the club knows his cap space is better spent elsewhere given the number of potential wingers/centres we have on the books. That said he is probably the 2nd best back at the club after Addo-Carr.

If we don't need to free up cap space and we don't have an offer for him at $650k then i don't see the point in letting him go for less and paying the difference. He had a poor season in 21, but he is a great player and i would expect him to bounce back strong this season in a much improved side. That's when the bigger offers will come in from other clubs and that is when we should look to offload him. Hopefully Alamoti will be ready for regular first grade by then.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no point releasing Cotric from his 2022 contract now unless another club is happy to pick up all of his contract. I think the club knows his cap space is better spent elsewhere given the number of potential wingers/centres we have on the books. That said he is probably the 2nd best back at the club after Addo-Carr.

If we don't need to free up cap space and we don't have an offer for him at $650k then i don't see the point in letting him go for less and paying the difference. He had a poor season in 21, but he is a great player and i would expect him to bounce back strong this season in a much improved side. That's when the bigger offers will come in from other clubs and that is when we should look to offload him. Hopefully Alamoti will be ready for regular first grade by then.
Tigers and raiders need outside back for 22. If we don't offload Cotric now they'll get someone else and there may not be any interest in him for 23. In 23 we need space for Mahoney and Kikau and if Dufty and Vaughan perform then we'll need to upgrade them considerably to keep them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers and raiders need outside back for 22. If we don't offload Cotric now they'll get someone else and there may not be any interest in him for 23. In 23 we need space for Mahoney and Kikau and if Dufty and Vaughan perform then we'll need to upgrade them considerably to keep them.
We still have 9 players off contract in 2023 so there will be plenty of Cap space.

Always a Bulldog

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the life of me I can't understand why would Smith behave like this ?
We all know he is a lurking funny and crazy sometimes but his behavior since the cocaine drama and now the contracts issue is beyond comprehension, it leaves me with one or another reason,
1. Is Melbourne forcing him to stay and by not allowing him a move to other clubs pushing him to behave disgracefully in order to force a move ?
2. He is a simple arrogant idiot who has no respect.
I like him as a player but glad we've signed Mahoney !
I think his manager whoring him around has gone to his head

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully Bellemy doesn't allow him to play a single minute at hooker all season. Make him play lock all year so he gets bashed up. That way the roosters might have bought a lemon.
I was just about to post the same thing until I read your post!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully Bellemy doesn't allow him to play a single minute at hooker all season. Make him play lock all year so he gets bashed up. That way the roosters might have bought a lemon.
104.1% chance of this happening

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100%

Bellamy will wear him out as a tackling machine at 13 and make bulk up again to do so.

I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t end up under the knife for a knee/shoulder etc by the end of next year

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%

Bellamy will wear him out as a tackling machine at 13 and make bulk up again to do so.

I’ll be amazed if he doesn’t end up under the knife for a knee/shoulder etc by the end of next year
Well hopefully thats not what your hoping for..and unlikely.Bellendamy loves the cheese and munster all will be forgiven, its imperative their all on the same page for another premiership assault.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

I legit forgot we signed him lol.