• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The 7th case of Omicron in NSW was a guy who spent 6 days walking about Western Sydney before he tested positive.

On the plus side, the WHO is going to release a report soon confirming that they have only seen mild cases of Omicron.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The 7th case of Omicron in NSW was a guy who spent 6 days walking about Western Sydney before he tested positive.

On the plus side, the WHO is going to release a report soon confirming that they have only seen mild cases of Omicron.
Not saying Omicron is by any means...but...if it was, or if there is a more highly dangerous mutation say next month....are the NSW, Vic, ACT, control measures enough to keep it contained until more is known? Especially since they are accepting the OS arrivals with only 72 hr quarantine? Thoughts?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not saying Omicron is by any means...but...if it was, or if there is a more highly dangerous mutation say next month....are the NSW, Vic, ACT, control measures enough to keep it contained until more is known? Especially since they are accepting the OS arrivals with only 72 hr quarantine? Thoughts?
Partially. The measures are definitely lacking but unless it's vaccine resistant, then it's unlikely it's cause a major issue considering how high vaccination numbers are in those states.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good thing this is looking to be a much weaker strain as a 5th case has been recorded in NSW. A woman came back, went to as many places as possible, then tested positive.

She went to the following venues:

● Coles, Top Ryde Shopping Centre: Friday, November 26, 9.30am to 10.45am

● Target Parramatta, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 10.45am to 11am

● H&M Parramatta, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 11am to 11.15am

● The Athlete’s Foot, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 11.15am to 11.30am

● JD Sports, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 11.15am to 12pm

● Rebel Sports, Westfield Parramatta: Friday November 26, 12pm to 12.45pm

● IGA, North Wyong: Friday November 26, 6.15pm to 7pm

● Pizza Hut, Wyong: Friday November 26, 7pm to 7.15pm

● KFC North, Wyong: Friday November 26, 7.15pm to 7.30pm

● Woolworths, Wadalba: Friday November 26, 7.30pm to 8.15pm

● Aldi, Toukley: Saturday November 27, 4.45pm to 5.45pm
This woman was obviously starved of retail therapy. I don't think I went to as many places in six weeks let alone one day over a period of eight hours...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are the media reporting every single omicron case and why are people so stupid to fall for it?
I think it's because:

1) there's so few cases

2) while early research suggests that it's very mild compared to Delta and Alpha, it hasn't been fully confirmed yet so good chance to push the "fear sells" mentality

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why are the media reporting every single omicron case and why are people so stupid to fall for it?
Had a few beers tonight in a little place was packed ,people having a good time thats it ,those who want the vaxx have pretty much had all the chances to get it, we gots the tools to take precautions if we wants , times to move foward

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had a few beers tonight in a little place was packed ,people having a good time thats it ,those who want the vaxx have pretty much had all the chances to get it, we gots the tools to take precautions if we wants , times to move foward
I was out last night at one of the local pubs and it was the same sort of deal. Busy and lively as. People in groups, people playing pool and people dancing around. Mask were virtually non existent. I think the people have had enough and just wanted some normality back.

Status
Not open for further replies.