The merry-go-around to get Mahoney early

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can I respectfully suggest that you give up on the $650k it's factually incorrect. It includes a substantial amount of outside the Cap stuff like temporary accommodation costs last year plus relocation costs (sell house, agents fees, buy new house, refinancing cost, stamp duty etc) , car allowance, medical insurance costs, and at least 1 x TPA. He may also be on an education allowance, not sure about that one.

Plus more importantly what good is $430k (closer to the actual number) if there is no one as good or better for the same amount? Replacing him with an inferior player achieves nothing in regards to our march up the ladder.

Always a Bulldog
No need to respectfully suggest,just assert, if your know more than I can speculate.My knowledge of the intricate workings of our cap are just like most and I rely on what can be found here or elsewhere, 600-650 seems to be the most often used numbers. Even if he is only on 400k under the cap but using TPAs or other incentives to top that figure up,surely the tpas, incentives and cap space can be used on other players whose skill set and position we dont already have in abundance

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think if the storm can get an adequate 'replacement' for Cheese they will let him go. Seems like he's pissed off a lot of the management there (first with the coke and now this). Going on the podcast and saying what he did seemed like him angling for a move. The problem is finding this replacement because from the top of my head there isn't really an identifiable target that they can get in the middle forwards especially as they already let go of Finucane.

Ultimately I dont think it will happen and I think we will have Flanagan Allan & Thompson there next year with Cotric a 50/50.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can I respectfully suggest that you give up on the $650k it's factually incorrect. It includes a substantial amount of outside the Cap stuff like temporary accommodation costs last year plus relocation costs (sell house, agents fees, buy new house, refinancing cost, stamp duty etc) , car allowance, medical insurance costs, and at least 1 x TPA. He may also be on an education allowance, not sure about that one.

Plus more importantly what good is $430k (closer to the actual number) if there is no one as good or better for the same amount? Replacing him with an inferior player achieves nothing in regards to our march up the ladder.

Always a Bulldog
Thanks for clarifying the constant overstating of his contract and how "blatantly we are getting robbed" that some think lolol.

PS cheese won't be released, fknfuggedaboutit....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Tui Kamikamica, Nelson Asofa-Solomona still have their careers up in the air for different reasons and they have lost Dale Finucane to the Sharks. For that reason alone they will not be releasing Fat Fuck Cheese. They are very light on forwards and experience.
They should have signed Elliott when they had the chance, Fam. Namaste

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people think that we're going to benefit from some gigantic multi club trade. I'm not even expecting that Cotrich will go anywhere. If he's released, so be it. But the media have a rich history of reporting bullshit over the last ten plus years. Where there's no story they'll make one up.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No need to respectfully suggest,just assert, if your know more than I can speculate.My knowledge of the intricate workings of our cap are just like most and I rely on what can be found here or elsewhere, 600-650 seems to be the most often used numbers. Even if he is only on 400k under the cap but using TPAs or other incentives to top that figure up,surely the tpas, incentives and cap space can be used on other players whose skill set and position we dont already have in abundance
Not that it is relevant but no that can't (be used on someone else), he moved from Canbra, hence the relocation and other associated costs. If his replacement doesn't have a tertiary education in their plans then that can't be used either, it's player specific. We are only allowed 5 x $20k for cars so if we replace him with some up and comer (on less money) than they may not deserve a car allowance.

No one gives a fark about what's outside the Cap, we have plenty of money. The ONLY thing that is important is what is in the Cap.

Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just want to see Nic giving us a genuine right edge threat for at least the next two seasons, injury notwithstanding. Plus I want decent young players of the future who we try to entice to join us to feel confident that we aren't going to look for ways to ditch them after one season.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is thank fuck we have good players now . Best decision was letting go of scum dog leader of the scum Elliot. If Cotric goes then good on him but I hope we have someone to take his place cause yeah he would be a great addition to our backline

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see Cotric play for us next year. Wing is a pretty important position nowadays and he’s a beast. Him and Ado-Carr could very well be the best wing pairing in the comp, especially if Cotric plays to his full potential.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm will NOT be releasing Fat Fuck Cheese early. Give up that dream. They are already very light in the forwards and wont give up one of their better prospects.
Hopefully Bellemy doesn't allow him to play a single minute at hooker all season. Make him play lock all year so he gets bashed up. That way the roosters might have bought a lemon.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This stuff with Brandon Smith and pushing for an early release could really help us potentially get Mahoney early (2022) with the news that Parra are interested in Verills.

If Storm release Brandon Smith early to go Roosters, they'll release Verills early to go Eels who will hopefully release Mahoney early to come to us. I think the next stumbling block would be salary cap; hence why we are keen to get rid of Cotric early. It seems like its a lot of dominos that have to fall for it to happen though.
Send Thompson to Storm, the cheese at the dogs for 12 months

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not that it is relevant but no that can't (be used on someone else), he moved from Canbra, hence the relocation and other associated costs. If his replacement doesn't have a tertiary education in their plans then that can't be used either, it's player specific. We are only allowed 5 x $20k for cars so if we replace him with some up and comer (on less money) than they may not deserve a car allowance.

No one gives a fark about what's outside the Cap, we have plenty of money. The ONLY thing that is important is what is in the Cap.

Always a Bulldog
You certainly have a much better understanding of the cap than I. Is this stuff publicly available ? If not it should be, It would take a lot of speculation out of the whole player payment system.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Storm will NOT be releasing Fat Fuck Cheese early. Give up that dream. They are already very light in the forwards and wont give up one of their better prospects.
To punish Cheese he’ll play a full season at 13 or off the bench getting half of what the Rorters are prepared to pay. Can’t see Storm releasing Cheese to a main rival, that is unless he’s completely ballsed up his relationship with coach and club and majorly pissed off teammates.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Bellemy doesn't allow him to play a single minute at hooker all season. Make him play lock all year so he gets bashed up. That way the roosters might have bought a lemon.
Almost positive that’s in Melbourne’s plans