Issac lumelume

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're called depth signings for a reason.. If you look at the top 4 teams and in their top 30 they have several no names in it to help balance out the salary cap because the have so many high priced stars. That's what Gus is doing with us. That's how you manage the cap.

Keeping someone like Cotric on his wage isn't good salary cap management. You can't have a winger earning more than your future Origin half and a top 5 hooker when you also have Addo-Carr. If you do, then we risk not re-signing Burton soon and other promising juniors. How does that not make sense?

Wouldn't you agree that out of all of the positions on the field that winger is the least valuable? Cotric is solid but he's not a gamebreaker or superstar like Addo-Carr. So he's not worth the money he's on..
I see and understand your point(s)and others who think i dont get it well i do I just don't agree, too belligerent on this one I guess.
Feel we haven't seen near his best and he could have a great year for us, yes we all know he is on somewhat too much money but it really isn't that significant imo.

If it gets us Mahoney great and I've said so before otherwise why now when we could use these two very good wingers in 22 as we commence to rise up the ladder.

Also dunno why he would wanna go there with what we're building anyway what will be will be, but I don't have a problem if he plays with us next year and potentially kills it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I see and understand your point(s)and others who think i dont get it well i do I just don't agree, too belligerent on this one I guess.
Feel we haven't seen near his best and he could have a great year for us, yes we all know he is on somewhat too much money but it really isn't that significant imo.

If it gets us Mahoney great and I've said so before otherwise why now when we could use these two very good wingers in 22 as we commence to rise up the ladder.

Also dunno why he would wanna go there with what we're building anyway what will be will be, but I don't have a problem if he plays with us next year and potentially kills it.
All good mate. I'm happy to keep Cotric but I'd understand why he was moved on and wouldn't lose any sleep over it if he was. You can get solid production out of cheap wingers and I'd understand and trust Gus' plan to use the cap space it would free up more wisely.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen the highlights of his last game, don't think this is a smart signing, has too many errors in his game and runs in off the line in defence!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If kotrik calls himself as such, he can stay.
If he calls himself Chochtrich, then he can go.

When we got him at 650k a season it was on kotrik form not Chochtrich form.

Im not too fussed if Gus can offload him, as i believe we have a very strong winger on the other side who will not doubt finish off moves as well as gift us runaway tries.

Kotriks best attributes were his return kick metres similar to To'o and Utai. We might still need these but i think weve made significant all round improvements to the backline that will compensate for a potential loss like kotrik

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suprised Tigers aren't looking at him.

Used to play at Dogs in lower grades (from memory).

Only resigned with Storm a few months ago which is an interesting one.

Possibly replacement for Tui Katoa?

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
On the Front Row Forums a parra fan said they signed him in the rumours section. Hopefully that's true. Looks like he is being shopped around to any takers.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If kotrik calls himself as such, he can stay.
If he calls himself Chochtrich, then he can go.

When we got him at 650k a season it was on kotrik form not Chochtrich form.

Im not too fussed if Gus can offload him, as i believe we have a very strong winger on the other side who will not doubt finish off moves as well as gift us runaway tries.

Kotriks best attributes were his return kick metres similar to To'o and Utai. We might still need these but i think weve made significant all round improvements to the backline that will compensate for a potential loss like kotrik
LOL
If Cotric pronouncing his name like an aussie skippy he can stay
If he pronounces it as per his Serbian Sex god heritage he must go?

WTF

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
On the Front Row Forums a parra fan said they signed him in the rumours section. Hopefully that's true. Looks like he is being shopped around to any takers.
He followed bulldogs and and bulldogskennel on Instagram the other day.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do you pronounce Cotric?
The Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues winger has elected to honour his rich Serbian heritage by having accents on his jersey to reflect the correct pronunciation of his surname - Cotric is actually 'Čotrić' and pronounced as “Chotch-rich.”

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you pronounce Cotric?
The Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues winger has elected to honour his rich Serbian heritage by having accents on his jersey to reflect the correct pronunciation of his surname - Cotric is actually 'Čotrić' and pronounced as “Chotch-rich.”
Also

Little known fact

His full name is Nikola

But apparently he doesnt want that pronounced correctly or even spelt like that hahaha

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee an NRL contract these days is about as solid as 2 ply toilet paper, especially if Cotric and JMK do go. Cotric has 2 seasons left on his contract and JMK signed on for a further 2 years mid season.

As for the wingers can’t wait to see the fox in action and hopefully we do hold onto Cotric for at least 2022, it was reported he’d bought a house in the Sutherland Shire earlier this year. Lumelume would be merely back up if true.

I get the feeling Gus will make a bigger play for the other wing position by luring S Chricton over from Penrith as his contract ends at the end of 2023.