Tigers Confirm Talks With Cotric

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So you agree he is on an inflated price.
If we had a good spine and other options I would say we should keep him.
I do think he is on too much, but we also have players on less than their potential value.. I see it as we make decisions based on where we sit and what we need. I still believe he will add something especially in a better side and that he shouldn't be judged on last season. I also think why weaken a squad that is already cap compliant for next season and not be able to add strength in areas that we need anyway.. who knows those areas (halves) may significantly improve next season and we still have players such as Cotric and don't need to go to market again, perhaps just develop further from within.. why plan as if to keep buy buy buy, when we may not have to ?!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell would Chotrich want to go to the Tigers?
It’s a fair question.

I can only assume that he feels he is a centre and they have offered to play him there. If he shows the goods in that position his next contract could be similar to this one.

If he stays with us and plays on the wing for 2 more years his next contract will be much less.

Centres earn more than wingers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a fair question.

I can only assume that he feels he is a centre and they have offered to play him there. If he shows the goods in that position his next contract could be similar to this one.

If he stays with us and plays on the wing for 2 more years his next contract will be much less.

Centres earn more than wingers
Thankfully the Tigers are dumb enough to pay his full contract and let him play centres after how bad Cotric showed he was as a centre.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
we certainly don’t need cotric on 650 a year. whatever gets him off the books if that is the case

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Naden interview today he stated he’s a centre

I think that’s where Baz will start him
And that’s where he should play in my opinion. He has a lot of Josh Morris about his style at centre

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Tigers just re-signed Nofa for approx $500k a season not long ago.. yet reports say they are happy to take Cotric at full freight $600k or whatever he’s on

So why is it ok for the Tigers to have 1.1m tied up with 2 wingers, yet for us success starved Dogs, we shouldn’t?

When JAC is gone for 3 or 4 games due to SOO & rest, Cotric off to the Tigers, we’re stuck with Okenbur & some no name on the flanks & back to square one with a backline that offers sweet FA

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Besides our cap....we have to make room for Alimoti, Paul is a beast. Big, strong and skillful. We don't lose anything by bringing him up as Cotric's replacement.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Tigers just re-signed Nofa for approx $500k a season not long ago.. yet reports say they are happy to take Cotric at full freight $600k or whatever he’s on

So why is it ok for the Tigers to have 1.1m tied up with 2 wingers, yet for us success starved Dogs, we shouldn’t?

When JAC is gone for 3 or 4 games due to SOO & rest, Cotric off to the Tigers, we’re stuck with Okenbur & some no name on the flanks & back to square one with a backline that offers sweet FA
Well if tigers are doing it then we should be doing the opposite

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides our cap....we have to make room for Alimoti, Paul is a beast. Big, strong and skillful. We don't lose anything by bringing him up as Cotric's replacement.

Do you think he’s ready to go for this coming season?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Because they're a desperate and poorly run club that will take any decent players they can get. Whereas with Gus and Khoury running things, we're finally a club on the rise again that just signed $5 million worth of players who are better and more important to our success than Cotric is.

They've also signed Mbye, Josh Reynolds, Russell Packer and BJ Leilua in the last few seasons for over $2 million combined. Should we copy moves like that as well since they're such a well run and shrewd club?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you think he’s ready to go for this coming season?
I'm sure that he will make his debut this coming season......will he be ready? He is a special kid. I like to think he will be more than ready to take his opportunity and stake his claim to first grade.

J_Cooper

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

That last try was personal. He ran straight at 12 and through him to score. The same wanker who threw him on the ground around the 20 sec mark.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure that he will make his debut this coming season......will he be ready? He is a special kid. I like to think he will be more than ready to take his opportunity and stake his claim to first grade.
I hope so too. It’s been a while since we had a junior superstar !