Official Gus on Twitter

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I’d go BBO utility role to start. That way he can pressure both Avo and JMK. More so keen to see him pinch some of JMKs minutes like he did at the back end of the year.
He's got too much natural ability to lock him in as a 14 at this stage. There's no point to putting pressure on JMK, he's out of the picture as of 23 anyway.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does that spell trouble for Burton?
I think (hope) Barrett changes stuff up for next year. I get the feeling he thought Flanagan was going to do better and spent all his time and effort building the structure around that assumption.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say he will start there and the position is his to loose. Buy I see more in both Bobo and wakham.
I wouldn’t be suprised if Flanno gets first crack. He is on the most money out of all of the halfback options. They will give him the chance to earn his keep in a decent side.

Otherwise we will have a $500k halfback in Reggie’s for the next 2 years. There will be no chance to move him on if he doesn’t show anything in first grade.

Remember one of the first things Gus did when he joined was get Baz to put him back in the side. I think Baz wants Jake there but Gus wants Flanno. Not necessarily because he is the best option but more for what I said above about his salary.

I think he starts the year there and if he fails his NRL career is pretty much over. That will be shit for us because we are still stuck with him for 2 more years.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be suprised if Flanno gets first crack. He is on the most money out of all of the halfback options. They will give him the chance to earn his keep in a decent side.

Otherwise we will have a $500k halfback in Reggie’s for the next 2 years. There will be no chance to move him on if he doesn’t show anything in first grade.

Remember one of the first things Gus did when he joined was get Baz to put him back in the side. I think Baz wants Jake there but Gus wants Flanno. Not necessarily because he is the best option but more for what I said above about his salary.

I think he starts the year there and if he fails his NRL career is pretty much over. That will be shit for us because we are still stuck with him for 2 more years.
One things for sure with who ever starts at 7, one off game and the Kennel will be calling for the next bloke, till he has an off game etc. Etc...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One things for sure with who ever starts at 7, one off game and the Kennel will be calling for the next bloke, till he has an off game etc. Etc...
I just hope whoever starts there digs into the farkin line. Last year all of our passing was done so far from the defensive line. It was painful to watch. Other teams defended us easily.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How has no one asked if any truth on cotric after he dismissed it last time.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got too much natural ability to lock him in as a 14 at this stage. There's no point to putting pressure on JMK, he's out of the picture as of 23 anyway.
It’s not really a lock at 14 for his career it’s more I like the flexibility of having him come on in the halves or at 9 whilst he’s trying to earn a starting position. Respectfully disagree with you on JMK. I don’t want him guaranteed minutes next season when we have somebody else who can jump in and proven to be dangerous. The beauty of depth something we haven’t enjoyed in recent years.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone with s twit account ask gus about the truth to cotric if possible?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
BBO was more impressive at 9 in first grade then he was at 7 in Jersey Flegg.