Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I GUESS WE GOT OUR SWAGGER BACK!!!

5 years of absolute embarrassment from top down (board, admin, coaches, players)

Through it all us loyal fans have endured every fkn second of it and for that I commend us all

I told the wife we having a succulent Chinese dinner tonight ..put the kids in the car

Chehooooo!

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I GUESS WE GOT OUR SWAGGER BACK!!!

5 years of absolute embarrassment from top down (board, admin, coaches, players)

Through it all us loyal fans have endured every fkn second of it and for that I commend us all

I told the wife we having a succulent Chinese dinner tonight ..put the kids in the car

Chehooooo!
8A166E06-50A1-474D-AC09-EA30544F2B25.jpeg

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I said 3 months ago on this forum,that I would prefer mahony to smith,simply because ever since the bargaining process began he’s used us all the way,and if reports are true at $600k a season for one of the top 3 number 9s in the nrl wow that makes me extra happy,compared to the $850k+Smith is targeting.well done to all involved.
100% mate. Whilst Smiths undoubtedly a quality rake, I just think Mahoney adds that bit of extra craft and guile which are more the traits that we need. Tidy kicking game, great vision, service as crisp as any and a very good rugby league brain.

This is our best signing for many years. Absolutely stoked.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100% mate. Whilst Smiths undoubtedly a quality rake, I just think Mahoney adds that bit of extra craft and guile which are more the traits that we need. Tidy kicking game, great vision, service as crisp as any and a very good rugby league brain.

I agree mate he's a great signing. However Burton is the pick of the group has the potential to be the top player in the game.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Plus it is probably at least $300k/yr less than the cheese will sign for. That goes a long way to topping up burton or upgrading @7 etc!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

We'll said mate. Well said

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I reckon Burton was our best signing horse but this might be our most important