Official Napa joins Catalans on 2 year deal

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dylan Napa joins Catalans Dragons on two-year deal

Dylan Napa

Premiership-winning front-rower Dylan Napa has landed himself a deal with Super League side Catalans Dragons.

Napa, 29, has signed a two-year deal with an option for a third with the club based out of the south of France.
It will see the ex-Queensland representative link up with former Roosters teammate Mitchell Pearce, with the halfback's move expected to be confirmed shortly.
Napa will also reunite with coach Steve McNamara, who was an assistant at the Roosters during his time there.
"I’m very excited for the opportunity to be a part of the Catalans organization," Napa said.
"To see the progress the club has made in the past years is an environment I want to grow as a player but just as importantly as a person.

"I have a great relationship with Steve McNamara from my time at the Roosters and can’t wait to get over to France, put in the work and earn respect from my teammates and coaching staff."
Napa departs the NRL after 176 first-grade games, 122 with the Roosters between 2013-2018, as well as seven Origin appearances.
At his best, Napa can be an imposing figure in defence, though discipline issues, on and off-field, have plagued his time at the Bulldogs in recent seasons.

McNamara said he's hopeful of recapturing the prop's best form.
"Having worked closely with Dylan at the Roosters, I know first-hand the impact he can have in this competition," McNamara said.
"I spoke many times with him throughout the negotiations and his will, desire and enthusiasm to get back to his best form was overwhelming.

"He is at a great age for a front-rower, a grand final winner who will be a great addition to our club."
After finishing the season in first place, Catalans fell just two points short of their first Super League title in 2021, going down to St Helens in the grand final.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres no way Napa made up that media statement himself. WAAAY too articulate.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Dylan, bon voyage thanks for your time at the Dogs

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is going there to be Pearce poodle cause that’s how he played for us it’s a shame he ain’t with us now so Mason can give it to the cat

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as Napa was a major disappointment for us, let it never be forgotten that the only reason he ended up in blue and white is because sour tart Klemmer threw a hissy fit.