Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha, nah not gay guys. Like c'mon I just I like to keep my stuff clean and well maintained and the trains aren't exactly made for that.

I hate taking the train when dressed in the good stuff to fancy places in the city aswell because some of the trains are horrid.
I like a man who " keeps his stuff clean and well maintained", lol . I agree about trains being dirty.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Worst thing I've seen on the trains was when I used to work doing IT in Kings Cross.

FFS there's no safe way to bloody word that.. "Working in the cross / working in Kings Cross"..

oh I got it ..

Working as an Information Technology Support Tech in Kings Cross..

Riding home in direction of Western Line. Dude gets on a Redfern. 3 stops later I hear a lot of commotion, and this dudes in the midst of taking a shit in the middle of the train carriage with pants down. Part solid, part water.

Then proceeds to piss in a long neck bottle, and then passed out in his own pile of faeces.

Dude seemed like a hobo but after 45 minutes on the train in 30 degree heat, in a reasonably full train, that was enough for me. Almost chundered when I got off and smell had gone through the whole train (all 3 carriages).

I used to work at the missus cousin chicken shop. Not to sound like a hectic ****, but I am very well protected in B'Town. I'll leave it at that so I don't incriminate myself lol
Well then I feel safer by association knowing that :grinning:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like a man who " keeps his stuff clean and well maintained", lol . I agree about trains being dirty.
Haha I try my best. I can't stand catching trains sometimes because you still have some vile things left over from nights out in the Cross or just from iffy suburbs or people who just leave rubbish on them (food scraps are the worst, bloody a banana peel every time!).

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Worst thing I've seen on the trains was when I used to work doing IT in Kings Cross.

FFS there's no safe way to bloody word that.. "Working in the cross / working in Kings Cross"..

oh I got it ..

Riding home in direction of Western Line. Dude gets on a Redfern. 3 stops later I hear a lot of commotion, and this dudes in the midst of taking a shit in the middle of the train carriage with pants down. Part solid, part water.

Then proceeds to piss in a long neck bottle, and then passed out in his own pile of faeces.

Dude seemed like a hobo but after 45 minutes on the train in 30 degree heat, in a reasonably full train, that was enough for me. Almost chundered when I got off and smell had gone through the whole train (all 3 carriages).

Yes, I have a lot of friends and "acquaintances" lol

I'd tell you more but I don't want to make you an accessory after the fact lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

oh I got it ..

I can see why Woollahra lobbied so hard to ensure their suburb didn't get a station on the same line as Kings Cross.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember being on a train to Sydney with the wife and kids, and about 30 min into the trip realised we were in a quiet carriage,

Kids were laughing and giggling,
Not making too much noise but still soon as I realised we were in a quiet carriage I moved on to another carriage,

Out of respect to the other passengers

A few weeks later I was on a train by myself heading to Sydney,
I deliberately picked a quiet carriage so I could rest during the trip

What would you know,
A family got on and made a heap of noise, kids swapping seats constantly and moved the seats back rests around constantly,

After about 30 minutes I mentioned to the man of the family, politely that it was a quiet carriage,
What do you know, he told me to stfu

I could have smashed him,
Instead I got up and moved to another carriage myself,
You should done so. Told him to move to another carriage or report him. Everyone has a video phone, threaten to ask him again or you'll record it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned but I was always taught that correct train etiquette included;

Letting people get off the train before you get on:
Give up your seat for an old person or a pregnant woman:
Stand up if you are in the aisle seat to let the person sitting beside you get past:
Don't put your feet or your bag on the seat:
Don't have your music up so loud that everyone in the carriage can hear it:
If you are reading the newspaper don't smack the person beside you in the face with your arm whilst turning pages.
I'll admit, sometimes I am guilty of putting my bag on the seat, but it's only on a 3 seater in the middle if it's empty. Otherwise I take it down if the carriage starts getting full or someone starts looking for a seat (rare occasions, I always get the train off-peak).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Hahahaha I thought you were trying to call me a Gay Qunt :p

It's only started since 2015 that I've started caring much more about that stuff, before I was going okay but I've come into some money and you know it's made it easier to keep up.

Plus I've got a taste for our own women now and Lord knows how much upkeep you need for our own girls my age haha.
You mean high maintenance ;)

What age group? And what girls are you referring to lol?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There are quiet carriages in Brisbane. I only get a train once in a blue moon so they don't really affect me. But I don't really see the point of them.

Firstly, it's public transport - PUBLIC, so you are going to get people talking, laughing around you. Secondly, if people are using it to get some sleep etc, that's not going to work as there are booming PA announcements every minute.
Thirdly, how is it policed? Who is to judge what volume is acceptable.

More trouble then they are worth.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Firstly, it's public transport - PUBLIC, so you are going to get people talking, laughing around you.
The idea is that you would keep quiet in this carraige and not enter it if you are a family or have kids or a group with you
Secondly, if people are using it to get some sleep etc, that's not going to work as there are booming PA announcements every minute.
I agree, but these are usually less disruptive than kids and people carrying on
It's meant to be common sense, not policed unless Transit officers are in them.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There are quiet carriages in Brisbane. I only get a train once in a blue moon so they don't really affect me. But I don't really see the point of them.

Firstly, it's public transport - PUBLIC, so you are going to get people talking, laughing around you. Secondly, if people are using it to get some sleep etc, that's not going to work as there are booming PA announcements every minute.

More trouble then they are worth.
We have quiet carriages in Sydney too. People aren't good at following rules still...

My first ever experience on a Brisbane train, a man stood up and announced to everybody "sorry guys! I have a medical condition, I can't help it". He proceeded to unzip his pants and piss in the corner. The stench was brute.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Well it looks like parts of this thread have been hijacked and it's turned into a pet-peeve thread, so here's one that shits me to know end, and I'm sure we've all experienced it!

When you're on an escalator and you get to the top, and the idiots in front of you have no freaking idea where they are going and they stand there for half and hour looking around like complete retards, oblivious to the fact that people are BEHIND THEM coming up the escalator, which they CANNOT STOP, and are about to bump into them. It's like... FFS REALLY???

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You mean high maintenance ;)

What age group? And what girls are you referring to lol?
Beyond high maintenance bro!

I'm 22 so girls from 18 to 23ish or so and I'm talking Lebanese, Chaldean, Assyrian and other types of wog girls hahaha

Wahesh

Reaction score
Beyond high maintenance bro!

I'm 22 so girls from 18 to 23ish or so and I'm talking Lebanese, Chaldean, Assyrian and other types of wog girls hahaha
I don't bother with Lebanese girls. Completely high maintenance, self absorbed, fake, materialistic bitches. I actually like Assyrian girls a lot. They're just as hot as the Lebanese girls (same corner of the Earth) - tanned, curvy, long brunette hair, but much more friendly. Also Armenians - love them.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We have quiet carriages in Sydney too. People aren't good at following rules still...

My first ever experience on a Brisbane train, a man stood up and announced to everybody "sorry guys! I have a medical condition, I can't help it". He proceeded to unzip his pants and piss in the corner. The stench was brute.
The old sydney trains were good for that. You could hop between carriages and pee on the tracks if it got bad enough.

With the quiet carriages, I once saw a heated exchange on one where soneone was trying to tell soneone else to keep it down. As they were there yelling at each other in an alleged quiet carriage. .. I think I was the only one to truly appreciate the irony.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't bother with Lebanese girls. Completely high maintenance, self absorbed, fake, materialistic bitches. I actually like Assyrian girls a lot. They're just as hot as the Lebanese girls (same corner of the Earth) - tanned, curvy, long brunette hair, but much more friendly. Also Armenians - love them.
Yeah some if not most Lebanese girls are just too much hassle and value themselves too high even though they aren't special plus their egos!

If you don't have 1 million dollars free on you don't even bother is what I say, but I more so go for ones at uni/educated girls and who seem genuine and humble but they still know they are something high end damn it haha

Yeah man Assyrian girls are starting to hit a soft spot for me now (few I know are really nice plus lookers and they have noted some their families/friends are starting to marry Lebanese men because we are nice :grinning:) and I agree they are very friendly. I'll admit one girl I've fallen for is Chaldean/Assyrian and I'm confused on what to do haha :(

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah some if not most Lebanese girls are just too much hassle and value themselves too high even though they aren't special plus their egos!

If you don't have 1 million dollars free on you don't even bother is what I say, but I more so go for ones at uni/educated girls and who seem genuine and humble but they still know they are something high end damn it haha

Yeah man Assyrian girls are starting to hit a soft spot for me now (few I know are really nice plus lookers and they have noted some their families/friends are starting to marry Lebanese men because we are nice :grinning:) and I agree they are very friendly. I'll admit one girl I've fallen for is Chaldean/Assyrian and I'm confused on what to do haha :(
Is she my cousin? Lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is she my cousin? Lol
Haha is that a good or bad thing!

But yeah legit I'm confused on how to make a move with her, haven't been this stumped before towards a girl

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Quiet Carriages = "People on train who won't shout in their iphones" quiet, not "I could totally sleep in here and can't even sneak out a fart" quiet.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha is that a good or bad thing!

But yeah legit I'm confused on how to make a move with her, haven't been this stumped before towards a girl
Well you gotta spend time with her as a friend first, get to know her. Talk about stuff that's important to you and find out if she values the same things. While you're a friend, DO NOT be just a nice guy. Girls want someone who has a bit of masculinity in them, so be sure to show her your manliness in some way/shape or form. If everything here checks out, then ask her if she wants to grab a coffee or watch a movie.