Graham Annesley discusses Dogs v Manly decisions

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Annesley is a grade A fuckwit, nothing has changed with Vlandys in charge still no accountability. Apparently these idiots have fined Robinson for his press conference because they couldn't handle the truth.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Aloiai decision was correct & he should have been punished more for what he did. He looked directly at Jackson & kicked him in the head. In the past that would have been a send off!
You are correct with that comment.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The big difference is the NRL MRP agreed with the referee’s decision on Aloiai and handed out a fine. But the NRL MRP disagreed with the referee three times and didn’t proceed with charges against Stimson or Hetherington (twice).

No need for claiming biased Bulldogs supporters, the NRL’s own MRP supports our opinion and at the same time dismissed the Manly wankers option.

Always a Bulldog

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is so obvious to see that the betting agencies are in V'lads ear constantly asking for new ways to alter the game so they can 'entice' punters to lay more and more money out on juicy little wagers. The way that Anusley is acting it would not be surprising to find out he is a stakeholder of sorts.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hair pulls this year in Canterbury games (judiciary charges)
Rd 5 Ogden fined $1,150
Rd 12 Hopoate fined $1,150 (I had to contact the NRL for this "contrary conduct" because I looked at the footage & Couldn't see anything, no remonstrations from the pullee either).
It makes for interesting reading the weekly judiciary reports....One several occasions the excuses given by clubs for a tackle that has gone wrong and done a lot of damage ..."Our players do not deliberately go out to hurt others". Seems to be a recurring theme.

I checked week to week the charges given out and found plenty of contrary conduct ones where they did not actually say what the offence was.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Stimpson (hair pull) and Hethrington (slap across the shoulder) escaped any sanctions. Go figure.
Quite a few times this year our players have been punished on field with being sent to the bin or on report and then have no case to answer....

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Annesley was only appointed to be an apologist for the referees once the criticism from fans got loud enough. I don't know why people are still surprised that he'll defend them till he's blue in the face.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
not sure if this should be under the match day game thread? His comments relating to the game start at about the 17th min mark. Essentially the penalty against Stimson for pulling hair was correct and Turbo’s try was correctly awarded. ‍

"Is hard for me to say that's a wrong decision."/"The criticism doesn't match up to the reality."

The referee in fact makes an ASSUMPTION on field as he watches in real time that Stimson did it deliberately. Annesley says " he sees a player with a handful of hair and makes an immediate decision" Just blah blah comments comparing it to the five other incidents charged this year.

Brent Read made a point of saying that Barrett has been involved in two sprays at the officials this year...I didn't think that he sprayed the officials in his match interview last weekend, Read is just stirring the pot.....

"A massive avalanche of criticism not warranted" another comment that is very dismissive of the problems in the game with officials. If they didn't keep changing their view on things week in week out people would probably let it slide but they don"t. Consistency is all we ask for and unfortunately we don't get it.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who would have thought Annesley would make Bernie Sutton look honest.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That turbo one was a horrible call to everyone under the sun except annesley and which ever dickhead was in the bunker. I am 99.9% sure that would of been a call of knock on if it was our try....god forbid we should upset the top 4 teams....fuk off annesley you moron!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
#dogluva mentioned consistancy and that it one strong point, but you #steeliz hit the nail on the head, honesty. It's something the fvckwits with the whistle have no concept of. Oh and there's fairness that's another trait out the fvcking window.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO!

He's the one that started all the crap against us. He's the one that started the predetermining of decisions & what people were doing. Corey Hughes, must have done something wrong so penalise him. It's because of Harrigan he left the club!
Well FM. If this is true, we all owe him a beer. Corey hughes was nothing more than one of the games greatest turnstiles!!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Annesley is only employed for one reason, and one reason only: To wipe the NRLs arse when it fucks up an officiating decision, and make excuses.

On the rare occassion he admits the call was incorrect, he fails to take action most of the time, and instead passes the buck with "well its not my job to educate or discipline the officials, that's blah blahs job".

I'd be interested to see what happens to the officiating if betting was banned for a season or two in the NRL. I reckon you'd see vastly improved decisions being made.