Remember when.... against Manly Sea Eagles

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
For now and until the rest of this season and even into next season I'm going to post a thread weekly of some of the better times we've had in recent years of great wins we've had against out rivals.

Against Manly in the Semi Finals in 2014, we had a thriller. The teams were locked up at 16-16 and before the siren sounded and the end of the 80, both teams managed to land field goals.

With scored locked up at 17-17 into Golden Point, Trent Hodkinson breaks the hearts of his former teammates.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For now and until the rest of this season and even into next season I'm going to post a thread weekly of some of the better times we've had in recent years of great wins we've had against out rivals.

Against Manly in the Semi Finals in 2014, we had a thriller. The teams were locked up at 16-16 and before the siren sounded and the end of the 80, both teams managed to land field goals.

With scored locked up at 17-17 into Golden Point, Trent Hodkinson breaks the hearts of his former teammates.

Whatta game

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gee it's good to be reminded of the times we could actually put passes together and score points...and the passing ability of Jammer :grinning:

Those were the days *sigh*

Last edited:

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How good was Perrett? lol.
I was just going to mention this! I reckon he has to be one of the most underrated players for us over the past 10 years. Always did the job, whether it be on the wing or even filling in at fullback. Also dispels the myth that the Roosters never let go of good players.

But yeah, I was at this game too and it's one of my favourite recent Bulldog memories.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I remember i was in Malaysia about to jump on a plane and was at the airport listening to that game on radio connecting through the airport wifi
I thought my flight will have wifi but unfortunately it didnt

I listened to the game up until fulltime and missed out on golden point and had to wait 9 hrs to check the full score
Had so much anxiety on the plane wondering who fucking won but the relief when i checked it the score
Its a game I'll never forget even though i didn't watch it live

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Was there that day and yes it was sublime.

Now there you go....thinking about that game reminds me of when we actually competed for the full 80 and you knew from the get go if the team was on or off

Had a bit of a palpitation with the comeback, the sin bins and of course when Ferret levelled up the game. We fought hard that day and it was certainly fitting when Hokko scored the winner....

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's when our full strength over achieving side of 2014 barely beat a very very weak Manly side.. shit win to be honest... but at least they were winning. I would rather an over achieving shit team over this team
2008 team would score 60 on this team

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeah, after the game yesterday I watched a DVD of the round 22 1995 "Terry Lamb Farewell" game at Belmore where we scored 66 points V Cowboys. And Halligan missed 6 goals! There wasn't any sound as it was a club produced game, but it was good to watch & made me forget about how diabolical the club has become for a few minutes.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Great idea mate,something to remind us all what a great club we are through these tough times.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It’s was a good game but you want better 95 gf
I'm after more recent games - those in the teenies. '95 will always be our best ever win against Manly. They were THE team to beat that year, only lost 2 games heading into the grand final, put 26-0 on us earlier in the year, yet they couldn't even breach our defense and score a try in the game that mattered most. We muscled up and never looked like losing.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Fuck COVID! Game was great, but brainwashed dumbcunts will never allow for a return to crowd atmosphere like you see in this video.