Opinion Favourite/Best Bulldogs quote together with moment.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2004 Grand Final trophy presentation and Andrew Ryan and Steve Price were holding up the trophy with Ray Warren's commentary: "and the trophy of supremacy goes to the Blue and Whites of Canterbury!"

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Smokey: Older the berry, the sweeter the juice.

dibbie83

Waterboy
Reaction score
When willie could out st george pack if they wanted to go to war with the dogs of war in 06 I think

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have one but I really don’t want to say as it involved dogs players doing bad stuff after a certain celebration in 2014 media don’t know about and that’s that.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In a similar vein, hilarious piece of incompetent finishing. It was 84, packed Belmore Oval on a Sunday afternoon v Dragons. In a tight, low scoring game, we make a clean break around halfway and the ball ends up with our winger Max Mannix (remember him?) He strolls over with no defender within 10m of him. He goes for the big swan dive as he puts the ball down…and the bloody thing squirts out!! No need for video ref (there wasn’t one!!), it was no try. Right in front of the hill, who gave him heaps for the rest of the game.

Poor bastard never lived down this infamous moment, Wok dropped him soon after. I think we still won the game though…
Yeah we did win that game. There were no tries scored.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2004 Grand Final trophy presentation and Andrew Ryan and Steve Price were holding up the trophy with Ray Warren's commentary: "and the trophy of supremacy goes to the Blue and Whites of Canterbury!"
And a very glum look on the face of David Gallop.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Field goals in the final minutes to win a match are one of the most celebrated feats of the game.

But when they are kicked when your team needs two points to win? Enter Terry Lamb and the curious incident of the Dogs and the Knights at Belmore Oval in 1992.

Down 12-10 with three minutes to go against Newcastle, Lamb successfully potted a shot from 42 metres out.

“My teammates blew up cause I told them I’d won FootyTab … I got $12,000," Lamb said about the goal later.
I was at that game. Funniest moment ever.

Dyms17

Waterboy
Reaction score
He was not a Bulldogs player at the time but Jimmy Dymock will always be a Bulldogs to me.

It was a game in 1998 between the Eels and Bears. There was a fight between Dymock and some other player.

Paul McBlane says to Dymock " The touch judge has reported you were the agressor"
Dymock replys "Of course i was I hammered him....go on ask him" Then he laughs...

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus Gould was commentating a game where the Bulldogs were playing (2012) and before the game they put the camera on Ben Barba. Gus says “if Benny Barba put his hand down a toilet, he would pull out a gold watch. That’s how well he’s going”
Playing for QLD, Jason hethrington said the same thing in the 90s after NSW pumped them.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In a similar vein, hilarious piece of incompetent finishing. It was 84, packed Belmore Oval on a Sunday afternoon v Dragons. In a tight, low scoring game, we make a clean break around halfway and the ball ends up with our winger Max Mannix (remember him?) He strolls over with no defender within 10m of him. He goes for the big swan dive as he puts the ball down…and the bloody thing squirts out!! No need for video ref (there wasn’t one!!), it was no try. Right in front of the hill, who gave him heaps for the rest of the game.

Poor bastard never lived down this infamous moment, Wok dropped him soon after. I think we still won the game though…
I was there. This is what you’re referring to:
And who consoled him: our 1980 GF hero Steve Gearin, then playing for the Dragons.

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was there. This is what you’re referring to:
And who consoled him: our 1980 GF hero Steve Gearin, then playing for the Dragons.
Thanks for posting that clip...great memories!
I was there as well, sitting along the fence in front of the grandstand. I remember it vividly...except for the part where Gearin consoled Mannix. A nice touch, and a touch ironic given he had been such a hero of Belmore himself!