Official Paul Vaughan signs for the Bulldogs on a one year deal

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a massive fan of one year contracts. If he does really well in the early rounds there's going to be speculation about his future which is a disruption. Would prefer a 2 year deal with behavior clauses which we could use if anything negative happens.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I find it hilarious all of the fans from the 15 other clubs are demanding Vaughn serve his 8 game suspension for us from round 1, 2022. CHN literally did this with the Raiders in 2020. He was given 10 weeks, Okunbor 14 weeks. CHN was immediately de-registered. The Raiders snapped him up, and he played 11 games for them in 2020 after 'serving' his suspension, whilst deregistered. Any opportunity to sink the boot into our club and opposing fans eat that shit up. Fuck them all.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is wasted on an edge in attack. Incapable of making a tackle break, linebreak or offload. We're better off with TPJ or even Thompson (leg speed) on an edge. Jackson is needed in the middle also to help bring down the bigger opposition middles. Would be good to have 2 big body threats on both sides of the field in TPJ and RFM for Burton to use at his will.

I'd go
8 Vaughan
10 Thompson
11 TPJ
12 RFM
13 Jackson
I would pick this pack and reason
8 Hetherington............I see signs he will be ready as a starting prop for next season
9 missing Smith
Vaughan....................will provide stability and go forward
11 Pangai jnr..................can be a lethal weapon on the left edge
12 Jackson.......................I know we all prefer him at 13 but must make way for Thompson
13 Thompson.................his game is perfectly suited there and more effective running off bigger forwards

14 JMK..............................will start if Smith isn't signed !
15 Elliott
16 Seumanufagai
17 Doorey / Topine / RFM unfortunately for Ray he is injury prone
Remember there's always a surprise or two !!!

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 Hetherington............I see signs he will be ready as a starting prop for next season
9 missing Smith
12 Jackson.......................I know we all prefer him at 13 but must make way for Thompson
13 Thompson.................his game is perfectly suited there and more effective running off bigger forwards

15 Elliott
16 Seumanufagai
If tuifua is signed Id have him somewhere on the bench. Bit more dynamic then Ava. Ava is a good back up to have in reggies

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If tuifua is signed Id have him somewhere on the bench. Bit more dynamic then Ava. Ava is a good back up to have in reggies
I believe it's all up to him, first grade fitness is a different level plus we don't know how his defence is like ?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you got to take what they say in the press with a grain of salt. Put yourself in their shoes and think would you prefer to roll out Atoni/Ogden again or would you mitigate risk for the club and take a punt on some guys that are without a doubt challenges but have a poor off field track record? We obviously don't want to invest heavily in Paul Vaughan and then miss out on the next Payne Haas in 1-2 years time.
Im not hating the idea but doesn't this mean we could be in the same situation this time next year?

The team wont be able to gel as key positions maybe vacant again

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup. Come on over big man.. may as well wear the blue and white and smash it up with our thommo .!!

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
9 missing Smith

15 Elliott
16 Seumanufagai
Jackson has to go altogether he offers nothing in attack whatsoever, should never be played in the second row ever again, even dopey Elliot offers more in attack, then you have RFM, Thommo small for front row would be better lock, gives him a ticket to roam a bit too, hopefully the surprise is tigers take Jackson off us asap before next year.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it's all up to him, first grade fitness is a different level plus we don't know how his defence is like ?
Yeah to be honest I’m only going off his highlights videos. Looks like he can hit hard. Do you know if the club will announce the signing or one of those junior player signings that go unannounced?