Opinion Go Forward ,Edge and the 7

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Desperate need of front rowers, 2 games this year we have ran for more meters than the opposition, Our edge is terrible,Jackson is a tackling machine and should be a 13, RFM and Maybe Elliot is needed,Our 7 today is a kid with a big future but not at 7, we need to be guided around the field, Maybe Pearce could be the man, Gould would of seen the game and put the pen thru a few and wrote down areas that need fixing

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould only said that to save face. I’m pretty sure he knows who he wants and doesn’t. Prob thought it’ll fire them up for a win but that also failed. It shows how shit this squad is. Just hope Gould fills in the missing pieces

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Done with Avo at 7. Was never a fan and always thought Flanagan would be back there. In all honesty out of all the halves we have, it's been Lewis that has probably been the best. He isn't flashy but just his 1on1 defence, scored some tries from nothing and his scramble has been enough. He is all effort, not saying he deserves to be re-signed but I have him ahead of Wakeham and avo. I'd give Flanagan another go next week and spell Avo for a week, he needs it.

I'm interested to see BBO at 7 but I'd rather see him given the 9 jersey for the rest of the season. He could be anything. We look much more dangerous, he service is crisp and he is much more creative than JMK and Katoa combined, great defender in the middle. He fits that new mould of hooker that is quick off the mark and creative like cook, Api, grant and starling.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Peirce is on the way out at Newcastle because he is (allegedly) playing up around town.

NOT what we need.
I'm from up Newcastle way and I haven't heard much good to do with Pearce off the field. It's a bit of a fishbowl up here and the media tend to leave the players alone as most fans don't care too much about what they do off the field, especially if the player is important to the side. I think Sydney media and the Media's past relationship with the dogs would be a disaster for Pearce.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
he needs to use that pen john wick style on napa's forehead
Viggo Tarasov : John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar... with a pencil, with a fucking pencil.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Desperate need of front rowers, 2 games this year we have ran for more meters than the opposition, Our edge is terrible,Jackson is a tackling machine and should be a 13, RFM and Maybe Elliot is needed,Our 7 today is a kid with a big future but not at 7, we need to be guided around the field, Maybe Pearce could be the man, Gould would of seen the game and put the pen thru a few and wrote down areas that need fixing
Pearce of Crap will never be the man. He's no leader, only played Origin because of his dad and the Chooks won the 2013 GF despite of Pearce and not because of him. If our club is stupid enough to get him we'll continue to have the worst 4 halves in the comp - Flanno, Wakeham, Avo, Lewis replaced by Pearce.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's already got a past with "dogs" lol
I can just see that blonde bitch he "had" on film chasing him all over town if he came back to Sydney. She would probably cause a few fights with local bulldogs too & it would all end up on the front page of the Tele. Woof! no for me.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have Flanagan, Lewis, Averillo, Wakeham & BBO. 3 out of the 5 have been tried & proved useless & the only one tried in the halves to have anywhere near a good game lately is Lewis. BBO hasn't been tried in the halves yet & I would give him a go at 7 with Lewis at 6. Unless someone is mad enough to put the 40/20 king, Katoa at 6 to see how he goes LOL.

Averillo needs a break I think. It's been a long tough year for the young bloke & needs some half specific coaching - Matty Johns has had success in the past. Give Averillo a couple of weeks doing nothing (R &R) then hand him over to Johns for some polish.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BBO halfback and Burton five eight. Averillo utility playing as a running half, centre or fullback. His young and has potential, with the correct couching and mentoring aspects of his game such as his kicking game, situational awareness and play making ability will improve. A utility role will suit him as his quite a versatile player. The issue is we chuck this young players in the deep end instead of slowly easing them into being able to perform at the level of a first grade player. I agree he deserves criticism and that’s only gonna help him improve but he isn’t a bad player his just young and has potential and it’s up to him to reach it.