Official Jeremy Marshall-King re-signs with the Bulldogs for the next two seasons

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grant was back and Smith still started @ 9.
He was coming back from injury yes. Grant will be in the 9 before the finals. They will play Smith as a running backrower and there is nothing wrong with that he suits that. He's managing as a runner, but if you are asking whether I'd spend north of 800k for him as a hooker, NO. There is more to a hooker than running and passing is the no1 thing and he hasn't't got a crisp pass. Compare Grant's pass to Smith and you'll get what I'm saying. Next year Grant will be at 9, and Smith at 13 for Melbourne, Dale Ficcuane is leaving.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He was coming back from injury yes. Grant will be in the 9 before the finals. They will play Smith as a running backrower and there is nothing wrong with that he suits that. He's managing as a runner, but if you are asking whether I'd spend north of 800k for him as a hooker, NO. There is more to a hooker than running and passing is the no1 thing and he hasn't't got a crisp pass. Compare Grant's pass to Smith and you'll get what I'm saying. Next year Grant will be at 9, and Smith at 13 for Melbourne, Dale Ficcuane is leaving.
Smith will start @ hooker for the rest of the year, grant back or not Bellamy favours this rotation.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Smith will start @ hooker for the rest of the year, grant back or not Bellamy favours this rotation.
Grant being used off the bench with Smith starting is how they've done it all year, if anything it allows Grant to come in when forwards are tired and make heaps of meters running from dummy half. Its a good plan thats been working well for them. Agree that Bellyache won't change it. As the saying goes 'if it aint broke dont fix it'

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Brendan7 please see above. I dont know why you cant see it, but if you've got the blinkers on about Smith then so be it.
No blinkers at all. He won't be at hooker next year for Melbourne. Why do you recon Melbourne were happy enough to let Finnucane leave. It settles the best of both worlds, Grant plays 9, who has the better pass, and Smith plays 13. My issue is at 800-900k I'd want a guaranteed A grade hooker, I couldn't for the life of me guarantee that with Smith. That is my issue. I've said many times he's potentially an elite lock.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No blinkers at all. He won't be at hooker next year for Melbourne. Why do you recon Melbourne were happy enough to let Finnucane leave. It settles the best of both worlds, Grant plays 9, who has the better pass, and Smith plays 13. My issue is at 800-900k I'd want a guaranteed A grade hooker, I couldn't for the life of me guarantee that with Smith. That is my issue. I've said many times he's potentially an elite lock.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/d3c16e9c2337c9cbef7e3c51ec5b8034

Bellamy and Melbourne dont want to let Finucane go. I'd say hes a chance of re signing with them as well. Then what?

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK re signed cause no one was chasing him and we can attract any other 9 in the world. Simple as that. Another 2 years of slow shit service from the play of the ball

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued their re-build for next year with talented 25 year-old hooker Jeremy Marshall-King committing to the club for the next two seasons.

An excellent ball-runner from dummy half who is in his fourth season at Belmore, Marshall-King has shown that he is a player for the future with a combination of excellent service from dummy half, alongside a great work-rate in defence.

He has also caught the interest of the New Zealand selectors, representing his country in last season’s World Cup Nines.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Aaron Warburton was delighted at being able to keep Marshall-King at Belmore.

”We remain focused on creating the squad that we believe will take us forward next year and beyond, and Jeremy will be an important member of that group of players.

With that work ethic and his desire to continually improve, he is exactly the sort of player we need in our squad going forward.

Depth in all positions is a big part of what we are looking to achieve and Jeremy’s re-signing is a major boost for our forward pack."

Excellent ball runner!! That'll do me.
"Insert poo emoji here" .....

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Go back to improves.. better every year and would be on cheap coin. We can’t afford not to sign a back up hooker so it makes sense. Get on your bike and go sign Brandon smith please morphius..
he is shit, why can’t we sign someone different!
It’s the same shit even as a backup we should have someone else!

seems like we can’t piss these players that TRY hard off...

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had to be done with what's available. Good 14 when we do get that rockstar number 9...lol

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is apparently a 1+1 deal, with 2nd year in clubs favour.

Depth signing - hopefully we can secure an actual 9

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no shit depth signing, while other clubs have good depth players at 9 we have shit In Marshall king and yet he might even start for us.
The way the comp is now you need 3 hookers in your 30 to cover injuries and whatever. If he's number 3 backup, it isn't so much a number 2 signing.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’re in Melbourne’s shoes, I think they would actually be considering who they prefer to keep moving forward between Grant and Smith. Not because of playing ability, (Grant clearly the better hooker on his day), but availability. I swear Grant is always injured. I wouldn’t be surprised if they prioritise resigning Brandon

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
People need to relax. If we didn't re sign him and he left and we can't get anyone else then we would be stuck with one of the duds. The team needs to cover itself. This is hopefully plan b and still working on plan a

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK is a solid enough depth signing. People need to get over the Brandon Smith love affair . We seem to be no where near getting him so let’s stop waiting for
It to happen and sure you our squad with some depth. I was fairly impressed with BBO at dummy half on the weekend . Maybe he could be our long term answer at Hooker with JMK as back up utility on the bench. Might be a much cheaper option than paying overs for a bloke who probably doesn’t want to be here. I think people forget that we need to have 30 players signed, doesn’t mean they all make our top 17 each week.