Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s disappointing to miss out on experience but I’m happy we didn’t over pay. His injury record was always a concern and we can only assume that the club needs the dollars for other players…. Now we wait to see who those players are…

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After this saga, best to just sit back and see what happens regarding signings.

clearly everyone’s “mail”, “oil”, or “inside info” means jack s**t.

I’ll just wait for club announcements lol
Yeah no more oil postings please...keep it to your pms if you need to tell.

Too disappointing when it inevitably falls through.

Rather the months long drawn out media speculation on every off contract player that falls through.

Scoobs is right in his summation.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You don’t pay overs for SJ at this point in his career especially after an achilles injury as bad as his.
Lol, apparently we offered the same, funny thing with what you say is .. we will have to pay overs for ANYONE now, Injury prone or not. It’s the position this club has put itself in. And even if it was a little “over” the results would have been FUCKLOADS better with , than without him.!!!

10 steps back.!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This is exactly the problem, should of got benj, he would of helped, even with his little brother here he still didn’t come over, it’s getting beyond ridiculous!!
Add Api to the list.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one appreciate any information regarding signings etc given on here, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, doesn't mean it's the end of the world doggies fans.
Believe me there is a lot of names and conversations taking place behind the scenes at the moment and we have plenty of money to make it happen. Have faith doggies fans we are moving in the right direction to become a powerhouse club onve again.
Re Shaun Johnson, I too was told he had virtually agreed to terms and the plan was he would be signing a contract when he returned from NZ next week, however things didn't work out that way and he received a hard to refuse offer from the warriors while over there, the lure of moving back home to finish his career was the deciding factor in the end.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh well. Johnson still has his flaws and is an injury risk anyway and we need a hooker and forwards more than we need another half.

People are acting like we still don't have Burton coming next year. He'll make a huge difference. Obviously he won't dominate straight away and will still have his ups and downs but Johnson wouldn't have been a foolproof signing either.

I'm not worried about Averillo in the halves as next year he'll have nowhere near as much responsibility and be able to focus more on his running game and support play while Burton does most of the kicking and organising.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't he get released as he was going to retire and the Knights had offered him a coaching/trainer type role? But then he decided to pull the boots on after Pearce hurt himself?
Yeah he was promised a coaching gig after he retired playing there but he signed to play footy at the knights still to the point he backflipped on us lol even though it was a mutual decision it’s still embarrassing

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we will look FAR better if/when we bring in a couple quality middle third, running forwards and a very good hooker...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, at least we're not overpaying for Flanagan now (he'll be in first grade next year), hopefully it's only for next year though

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is F'd, everything about it. We're in all sorts and shouldn't be expecting anyone good unless we throw the cheque book at them... we're a shit hole. On SJ I was against it at the start but I came around towards the end thinking he'd be a good signing as long as we're signing a gun hooker and quality prop. I have no faith in getting either. All we have to look forward to is signings and we aren't an attractive place to play for and we're F'd...