Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you an alarmist?
WTF???

as supporter you should be alarmed to. It’s not Looking good. An no joking matter.!!

I’m disappointed the club I have supported for 35 years has failed to get their man, not just SJ, but many we could of had the opportunity to sign and didn’t, we can’t rest on our laurels ANYMORE, players and the likes just see us as a joke .. I don’t want this for the BULLDOGS, I want us to succeed.!!

if We needed to pay overs so be it,we won’t win any other way.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm not really that fussed tbh. The concerning thing for me is it seems the club is all over the place in terms of their plans for the halves moving forward. Burton is obviously a walk up start. But I have no idea what the plan is for Averillo / Flanagan. Is the club wanting to develop Avo further in the halves or switch him to fullback? If it's the latter, then why not give him a crack now given this season is a write off anyway? Are we shopping Flanno? I don't love what he's brought but how are we writing him off after not even half a season with us?

It's frustrating because all along we've been told there's a very deliberate plan in place to build this squad up and we wouldn't be going for 'quick fixes'. Just seems like we're all over the shop at the moment.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Warriors paid exactly what we were told by members we offered him. Let’s not try to say he went to them for more money.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all a massive disappointment, this isn’t the first time we have missed, things will never get better until this club grow some balls and do what it takes to get us an established 7, players keep rejecting us, It’s the trend and it’s very concerning, this once proud club keeps getting made to look like fools ..

sign benji.. make Reynolds and offer he can’t refuse, so the dirty on other clubs like they do to us, will never get anywhere like this.!!!!!
Blake green backflipped on us ffs lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess that explains why he was in NZ. This was a needed signing in terms of experience.

People saying he wants to go home who knows, NZ might be based at Central Coast again next year.

Malla

Reaction score
WTF???

mad a supporter you should be alarmed to. It’s not Looking good. An no joking matter.!!

I’m disappointed the club I have supported for 35 years has failed to get their man, not just SJ, but many we could of had the opportunity to sign and didn’t, we can’t rest on our laurels ANYMORE, players and the likes just see us as a joke .. I don’t want this for the BULLDOGS, I want us to succeed.!!

It's Sean fucking Johnson. Injury prone and over the hill.

Disappointed that we didn't sign him, but imagine paying overs for him? Seriously lol.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is exactly the problem, should of got benj, he would of helped, even with his little brother here he still didn’t come over, it’s getting beyond ridiculous!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Actually I think these idiots take verbal agreement as 100% confirmed. I've learnt my lesson, until it's actually announced by the media, I'm not trusting anything from the club.

Even the JAC, it was all hot air for ages and ages and as soon as JAC signed, they released the info.

All anyone can rely on with this board, is whether we're in talks. but for any 100% confirmed signings just wait for an announcement

Yep, I've learnt my lesson as well.

I was thrown the biggest dummy with JAC. I personally asked the chairman and he denied it, said "we've made him an offer and are yet to get a response"......read on TK that JAC was a done deal, something wasn't right I thought. Luckily his manager is connected with a relative of mine. So I called my relative and he told me JAC done deal, will be announced the next day, and so it happened. While I respect and like certain individuals at the club, I will not trust them with info ever again!!

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not really that fussed tbh. The concerning thing for me is it seems the club is all over the place in terms of their plans for the halves moving forward. Burton is obviously a walk up start. But I have no idea what the plan is for Averillo / Flanagan. Is the club wanting to develop Avo further in the halves or switch him to fullback? If it's the latter, then why not give him a crack now given this season is a write off anyway? Are we shopping Flanno? I don't love what he's brought but how are we writing him off after not even half a season with us?

It's frustrating because all along we've been told there's a very deliberate plan in place to build this squad up and we wouldn't be going for 'quick fixes'. Just seems like we're all over the shop at the moment.
And to make matters worse, whatever this grand plan is, the players we seem to be seeking are turning us down anyway meaning there is no plan and we'll end up going nowhere and being stuck with the sub par signings we've managed to get thus far. SJ would've meant we had a solid 1-7 of actual first graders playing in their actual positions. Now what?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't he get released as he was going to retire and the Knights had offered him a coaching/trainer type role? But then he decided to pull the boots on after Pearce hurt himself?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
WTF???

as supporter you should be alarmed to. It’s not Looking good. An no joking matter.!!

You don’t pay overs for SJ at this point in his career especially after an achilles injury as bad as his.