Takers for Flanagan Anyone?

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the path way:
1. Madge moves Brooks on.
2. Tigers continue having a poor season.
3. Tigers panic and sack Madge.
4. Tigers hire S.Flanagan
5. Flanagan approaches us for Kyle
Now if we could just get that done before next week please

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan was brought up via his father's name and pre-covid rules he would have been a good Townsend/Reynolds type of player. But with the rule changes it has shown he really has no.vision or creativity whatsoever along with a very poor running game. Caught him and many other players out.

Hence why so many teams are doing mass clearouts.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere he played junior reps. You would think he must have showed something at some stage for the Roosters to sign him. Maybe he's just lost confidence, we'll have to wear his salary til next year and hopefully when he starts playing better next year in reserve grade someone else will pick him up - hopefully his old man if he can get a first grade coaching gig
Not sticking up for him or sympathizing as he hasn't helped himself and has played poorly nearly the whole time, but I think Brad is right his confidence is shot for sure.
Whether he can get it back here is highly doubtful best for all if he moved on, might be able to reset at another club and play alright(somewhere with as suggested his old man in charge)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the time he was playing for roosters, and we signed him. Many clubs would Of been keen, he was the next best thing, but he went from wanted to VERY unwanted rather quickly, will be lucky to make a career from footy now, it’s one that was definitely a HUGE fail and did not live up to the hype..!!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can hang around in reserves to build his game up but hes not the answer in FG until he improves dramatically..
Unfortunately, he is not even reserve grade standard. His games in reserves have been poor.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Might have to wait till his dad gets a gig.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I heard Mounties were keen for him to be their long term half but he’s facing stiff competition from their existing halfback and also Lachlan Lewis.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, the dogs have been letting good players go and buying duds on big money ever since Hasler arrived. The lack of ability to identify the difference between real football talent and duds is a major reason why the Dogs are languishing where they are. For mine it started even further back with choosing Anasta over Thurston.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say more people than not wanted him before/at the time we signed him. I was happy we signed him at the time and I was tricked from how he looked at the Roosters (and even Sharks a few years ago). When we had Lewis in the halves you wouldn't think it could get any worse. Saying that if I was in charge I wouldn't of dropped him (or Allan from fullback) we need these signings to come good, but I understand it might never happen (just what are we getting out of this season really). Recruitment decisions like this backfiring is what is going to keep us in this hole for longer.
He was actually pretty good at the roosters forget the star power around him

He took on the line, had a good passing and kicking game and could get repeat sets

How does someone forget how to kick and pass

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

He took on the line, had a good passing and kicking game and could get repeat sets

no he didnt.

people i know that watched him said he is the same player there and here

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

lollllllll Flanno was rubbish there and he is rubbish here. Stop making comments while masturbating, it's affecting your judgment and possibly causing you blindness.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe you should watch
dont have a tv.

but i find it funny when Salim, who is my friend that had kyle as supercoach said 'he shuffles left and right or just passes' and even some thugg here on the kennel dragged up an old post of his saying that same thang. And both mirror what i see from kyle on the field this year.

it fits.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The expression “screw the pooch” really is appropriate here…!!

not only when have flanno, we got rid of dwz to free up for SJ, then warriors also get Townsend , I mean the warriors are a shitty NZ team, yet the make far better and quicker decisions than we do.

Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
My local coffee hangout is looking - hard to get someone that can make a decent machiatto atm. I understand he's a frothing expert.
May also be an opportunity as the local member for Blaxland. With his experience as a waste of money and time, a local politician role would be perfect for him (and far enough away from the Dogs to finally get rid of the stench)....

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He did virtually NONE of what you mentioned above when he was at the chooks. That's why they got rid of him. Read my posts on TK around the time we signed Flanno and I said he was a dud HB who was limited to premeditated plays, doesn't run the ball and couldn't lead the team when Keary got injured. He didn't forget how to kick and pass because he wasn't able to do it effectively when he was at the chooks.