Shaun Johnson consolidated thread

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hence why we released DWZ ;)
Had a feeling they let DWZ go to get someone in to fix some of our spine problems. We killed 2 birds with 1 stone, our completion rates now go up and Flanno gets extended time to rebuild his game in reserves until his dad convinces another team that his son is the next Andrew Johns. But I still don't know why we let Reimis go when we got nothing from Melbourne.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention $350k less than Chad Townsend
You're right. There are some dumb clubs in this comp. Didn't Nth Qld pay 800k for Townsend? He's not even worth 350k. That's why Flanno is such a dud, his game looks identical to Townsend with that useless slow drift across field throwing inside pass to flat footed forward getting smashed by the defence.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a feeling they let DWZ go to get someone in to fix some of our spine problems. We killed 2 birds with 1 stone, our completion rates now go up and Flanno gets extended time to rebuild his game in reserves until his dad convinces another team that his son is the next Andrew Johns. But I still don't know why we let Reimis go when we got nothing from Melbourne.
Because Remis played shit at the dogs for 2 years and would have played shit again for us this year. He needed a change.

And we did get something. $350k in cap space which was used to sign Corey Allen. Yes in hindsight it wasnt a great move but its tough to make decisions in hindsight.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because Remis played shit at the dogs for 2 years and would have played shit again for us this year. He needed a change.

And we did get something. $350k in cap space which was used to sign Corey Allen. Yes in hindsight it wasnt a great move but its tough to make decisions in hindsight.
Yes Reimis played some bad games for us but to me he was by far the most talented backline player in our club by a huge margin. You can't teach speed, athleticism, size etc and he had that in spades especially that match against Saints where he scored a hatrick and burned Dufty twice in 2 long range tries. I posted back then to keep him and I believe he would have excelled under TB. Allen is a Hoppa clone, he has some ball skills but he's slow as.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Yes Reimis played some bad games for us but to me he was by far the most talented backline player in our club by a huge margin. You can't teach speed, athleticism, size etc and he had that in spades especially that match against Saints where he scored a hatrick and burned Dufty twice in 2 long range tries. I posted back then to keep him and I believe he would have excelled under TB. Allen is a Hoppa clone, he has some ball skills but he's slow as.
But he also done nothing since that Dragons game. He looked like he didn’t even wanna be here anymore.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Still waiting, when he’s announced.. IF he is , will be a beautiful day..!! :grinning:

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We dont like players that have size and can move, like reimis and rona. Lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agree about Allen but no necessarily about Remis.

As was posted earlier that game against Saints was in 2018 mate. He had 2 more years to prove his worth. He obviously wasnt happy at the club and took up the chance to go to Melbourne.

Lets not forget the roosters let Lattrell Mitchell go and he has a fair bit more talent than Remis. Sometimes talent is not enough. I would guess that people got in Baz's ear and suggested that his attitude wasnt great.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep agree about Allen but no necessarily about Remis.

As was posted earlier that game against Saints was in 2018 mate. He had 2 more years to prove his worth. He obviously wasnt happy at the club and took up the chance to go to Melbourne.

Lets not forget the roosters let Lattrell Mitchell go and he has a fair bit more talent than Remis. Sometimes talent is not enough. I would guess that people got in Baz's ear and suggested that his attitude wasnt great.
Yes I know it was a few year ago but no one else in our backline could have scored those 3 tries that Reimis did. You can fix a player with an atittude problem with the right coaching and discipline but you can't fix a player who doesn't have speed, size and athleticism. That is a handicap that is expensive to carry in the NRL.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think remis was a failed attempt at good will.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I know it was a few year ago but no one else in our backline could have scored those 3 tries that Reimis did. You can fix a player with an atittude problem with the right coaching and discipline but you can't fix a player who doesn't have speed, size and athleticism. That is a handicap that is expensive to carry in the NRL.
So why did the roosters let Lattrell go ?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That's probably the only explanation. I thought at the time may be the covid capital was dumb enough to release B Smith or JAC this year for Remis.
We want him for 2022 or 2023, he wants the Dogs 9 jersey, don't know exactly what game the Storm are playing, but they are the ***** delaying it happening.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Their sombrero couldn't stretch far enough for Lattrell. His ego couldn't handle it when they said no to him taking Teddy's FB spot so he spat the dummy.
There's more to it because the Roosters reportedly offered Latrell 800k a year which is more than a fair offer (best/top club at the time offering slightly more than what you're worth imo). Maybe he genuinely wanted to play fullback or go to the Rabbitohs. The Tigers reportedly offered him over 1m (can't remember exact amount) and he rejected = not all about money.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We want him for 2022 or 2023, he wants the Dogs 9 jersey, don't know exactly what game the Storm are playing, but they are the ***** delaying it happening.
Who was the genius at the Dogs who convinced Tigers that Mbye and Reynolds were future immortals? Get that einstein to sell Wakeham, Allen and Flanno as future superstars, 3 for 1 deal for Cheese.
If they still refuse then send a semi trailer full of Devondale and we've given them the like for like swap they want and seal the deal.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's more to it because the Roosters reportedly offered Latrell 800k a year which is more than a fair offer (best/top club at the time offering slightly more than what you're worth imo). Maybe he genuinely wanted to play fullback or go to the Rabbitohs. The Tigers reportedly offered him over 1m (can't remember exact amount) and he rejected = not all about money.
Aren't the bunnies offering him that amount backended? 600k for first year increasing after that? He wanted FB to increase his salary and he wasn't going to get that playing centre.