What is your job? and how much ca$$$h you pulling?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This camp you speak of, do you have to bring your own TP?
I dont do BYO, if you host, you host properly and supply everything. I hate when people pretend to have a bbq / party but expect byo, what sort of party is this?

I hate those bbq where people bring their own snags or steak or even byo beer. then they guard their steaks on the bbq and even brawl if anyone tries to take their meat off the bbq. It's basically first lesson of the course, if you host, you host properly.

I know a bloke who was invited to a bbq, terms not explained to him, he turns up thinking that all would be supplied, but to his shock, he goes to grab a piece of meat and someone calls him out and says that's my meat, snarls at him.. he says but you invited me and expect me to cater? It almost ended in an all in brawl with the decent bloke vs the bum BYO renters / gamblers

Byo don't exist with proper people, lesson 1 of my camp, if you host, you host.

Last edited:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont do BYO, if you host, you host properly and supply everything. I hate when people pretend to have a bbq / party but expect byo, what sort of party is this?

I hate those bbq where people bring their own snags or steak or even byo beer. then they guard their steaks on the bbq and even brawl if anyone tries to take their meat off the bbq. It's basically first lesson of the course, if you host, you host properly.

I know a bloke who was invited to a bbq, terms not explained to him, he turns up thinking that all would be supplied, but to his shock, he goes to grab a piece of meat and someone calls him out and says that's my meat, snarls at him.. he says but you invited me and expect me to cater? It almost ended in an all in brawl with the decent bloke vs the bum BYO renters / gamblers

You know what for once I agree with you.

I can't stand people that are tight arses. If you host, host properly BBQ, Birthdays etc.

When I host, I deliver everything, food, drinks, after-party activities. All you need to bring is an empty stomach. Some of my friends when they host, its BYO, like WTF. Why, can't you be like me?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I can't stand people that are tight arses. If you host, host properly BBQ, Birthdays etc.

When I host, I deliver everything, food, drinks, after-party activities. All you need to bring is an empty stomach. Some of my friends when they host, its BYO, like WTF. Why, can't you be like me?
I'll never understand byo either. I'd feel like a piece of shit if I didn't have enough food for everyone

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I dont drink so anyone that visits its BYO in regards to grog (and take what you dont drink with you when you leave)
Other than that, wouldnt dream of people rocking up with anything else. Imagine expecting people to BYO food, thats just fuckin weird.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get funded by millions of Aussies to sit at home.

It's kinda like @Blue_boost and @tonee are my hosts every day, but instead of going to their joint, they just pay for me to party at home.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

After party activities? :smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You would graduate from my 10 week camp as dux.. you just get it where many people you gotta keep pounding away at them until they understand the right way.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get funded by millions of Aussies to sit at home.

It's kinda like @Blue_boost and @tonee are my hosts every day, but instead of going to their joint, they just pay for me to party at home.
As long as you learn something from coming on here. If you are better today than you were yesterday, Ive fulfilled my duties

My frustration comes as I lead many to higher grounds but they choose to stay on low grounds and continue to drown.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont drink so anyone that visits its BYO in regards to grog (and take what you dont drink with you when you leave)
Other than that, wouldnt dream of people rocking up with anything else. Imagine expecting people to BYO food, thats just fuckin weird.
Agree it's weird but not uncommon. Even many on here have BYO parties or attend BYO parties and guard their meat on the bbq, willing to get someone in the head lock if they eye off their steak or make a play for their steak.

If I unknowingly attended a BYO party I'd start swinging uncontrollably at the attendees. Hit as many as I could. Bastards dont cater, they are no friend of mine. And not small prawns or noname soft drinks either, I want proper quality food

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I agree. My BIL went for a BBQ once and they expected him to bring his own meat. He didn't know. Bloody skips are different to us wogs. So he said "no problem" went down to the local Coles, bought $20 steaks and enjoyed them.

Stingey Skippy Renters!

Last edited:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. My BIL went for a BBW once and they expected him to bring his own meat. He didn't know. Bloody skips are different to us wogs. So he said "no problem" went down to the local Coles, bought $20 steaks and enjoyed them.

Stingey Skippy Renters!
You would think a BBW has all the meat covered

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. My BIL went for a BBQ once and they expected him to bring his own meat. He didn't know. Bloody skips are different to us wogs. So he said "no problem" went down to the local Coles, bought $20 steaks and enjoyed them.

Stingey Skippy Renters!
Good that he played their game to try fit in but when he flopped out his quality steak, they would be ready to stab him for it. Or maybe they wouldn't know what they were looking at? Those bums Used to eating Devon all day :grinning:

A friend of mine used to run a deli, some of those BYO bbq type of people would come to the deli and buy up all the Devon.. basically the worst ham you can get.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You would graduate from my 10 week camp as dux.. you just get it where many people you gotta keep pounding away at them until they understand the right way.
thats bullshit, i could never turn up to a joint with no drink, what a tight ass, it is always BYO both ways, easiest way to do it. i couldnt live with myself turning up with nothing, if we have a big group we even bring sides, but again it is the same for all bbq, so it all evens itself out in the end

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
thats bullshit, i could never turn up to a joint with no drink, what a tight ass, it is always BYO both ways, easiest way to do it. i couldnt live with myself turning up with nothing, if we have a big group we even bring sides, but again it is the same for all bbq, so it all evens itself out in the end
It’s different for u but because u just show up without being invited.
Just the bloke who rocks up because there is kids around.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Regardless of what the host says I’ll always bring something, my own beer & a bottle of something to leave there. I’m a beer snob and wouldn’t expect people to get them for me. Everyone has different beliefs/cultures but I personally think it’s rude to turn up empty handed.

If I’m throwing the party I’ll supply everything but do appreciate if people bring something, not because we need it but because it’s polite