Rumour Dufty in talks with the Bulldogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
StGeorge have been trying to off load Dufty for 2 years. He was unpopular with his team mates and McGregor and has since made himself similarly unpopular with Griffin. This is despite, if I remember rightly, him being the only StGeorge junior playing for them. I haven't been able to find out exactly why, aside from being "difficult", whatever that means.

Go Dogs

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
StGeorge have been trying to off load Dufty for 2 years. He was unpopular with his team mates and McGregor and has since made himself similarly unpopular with Griffin. This is despite, if I remember rightly, him being the only StGeorge junior playing for them. I haven't been able to find out exactly why, aside from being "difficult", whatever that means.

Go Dogs
Not to mention are stacked with outside backs for next year so from a cap point of view it makes no sense whatsoever.

We need a hooker plus decent forwards.

And when I say hooker I am completely ignoring the stupid rumour about him being looked at as a hooker

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see how we can spend any more money in the backs next season. Hooker and forwards otherwise we're going to end up in another cap mess and repeat this year.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Dufty been playing FB for probably around 15 years, and now at 25 Trent wants to turn him into a hooker.

Ok Trent
Dogs played Issac Luke and Damien Cook at Fullback. Luke only played hooker once he left the Dogs, Cook got a small chance at Hooker, but had Ennis in front of him.

I'm happy for us to roll the dice that way. Especially as others have pointed out with the speed of the game now. Really just depends on how he reads play, cause that's what will make or break him in the middle. Not as worried about his defence, as he will have assistance around him.

Just ensure it's not that great money. 2 year contract. Say 350K a season. Worst case he just goes into the Bulldogs fullback rotation policy. That said., I'd prefer to gamble throwing money at Tyson Smoothy if we ain't getting the cheese. He won't cost anywhere near 350K. Once again a 2 year contract and see how that plays out. He has been going well in his game time at the Storm.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've been linked to half the players in the comp. Take it all with a grain of salt..

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be the most unpopular post on here, but the way the game is going with it's pace, quick play the balls and the 6 again rule then thinking outside the square might be what some coaches need to do, especially the struggling clubs like ours. I reckon Dufty would be a revelation at 9.
Can’t be any worse than the garbage we have now.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can get him for 300 - 350K why not. Yes let Meaney walk at end of season if we get Dufty and let DWZ walk the following season. Dufty is only 25. Better option at fullback than Allan, DWZ, Meaney, Hopa and Averillo. I still have serious doubt Averillo would handle getting belted while catching bombs or making tough carries.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs played Issac Luke and Damien Cook at Fullback. Luke only played hooker once he left the Dogs, Cook got a small chance at Hooker, but had Ennis in front of him.

I'm happy for us to roll the dice that way. Especially as others have pointed out with the speed of the game now. Really just depends on how he reads play, cause that's what will make or break him in the middle. Not as worried about his defence, as he will have assistance around him.

Just ensure it's not that great money. 2 year contract. Say 350K a season. Worst case he just goes into the Bulldogs fullback rotation policy. That said., I'd prefer to gamble throwing money at Tyson Smoothy if we ain't getting the cheese. He won't cost anywhere near 350K. Once again a 2 year contract and see how that plays out. He has been going well in his game time at the Storm.
Obviously the Dogs havent got a clue.....

We are where we are at, because we have incompetent people in the back room along with delusional fans calling in players on 100's of thousands of dollars to trial them in positions where they have never played at.

Getting far with experimental guinea pigs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cook/Dufty
88kg/83kg (weight)
5'11"/5'10" (height)
29yrs/25yrs (age)
46pg/4pg (tackles made)
2pg/0.9pg (missed tackles)
19/33 (tackle breaks)
0.64pg/1.3pg (errors)
1/8 (tries)
2/5 (try assists)
87/139 (runs)
710m/1465m (run metres)
85m/286m (post contact metres)

ZT 2021 stats for Cook and Dufty (as an example). What does it mean? Probably nothing since they play completely different positions, but he'd have to put some bulk on and get used to 10 times the tackling.
Funny enough you compared him to Cook...
Did you know Cook was regarded as a Fullback / Halfback / Hooker and his defence wasn't much better ?
Dufty has something that can't be taught...SPEED to burn !!!

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think defence is as big a deal for a hooker nowadays, could be a genius move

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
About fcuking time..

Dufty
Jac
Naden
Cotric
DWZ
Avo
Burton

Allen