Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No local transmissions..testing ok.. Please keep Vigilant.. After yesterday’s local transmissions restrictions have been enforced..please be aware of them..
F176D378-5EDB-4467-BA3A-151BD3020361.jpeg
C7ADA9B0-55EB-4E8A-A6F9-65B03BFF406D.jpeg

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Food for thought:

1.5 million ppl died of tuberculosis in 2018. Don’t think I’ve ever heard that stat once and never heard anyone suggest shutting borders because of it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Food for thought:

1.5 million ppl died of tuberculosis in 2018. Don’t think I’ve ever heard that stat once and never heard anyone suggest shutting borders because of it.
And 1.4 million 2019 and continues to drop and is concentrated in a few countries whilst can spread anywhere its harder to catch.
Considering well over 3million people have died in a year and millions more sick.well you get the gist, if your happy having india open to us well perhaps you have some issues, if its a state by state thing and possible overreacting you may have a point.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And 1.4 million 2019 and continues to drop and is concentrated in a few countries whilst can spread anywhere its harder to catch.
Considering well over 3million people have died in a year and millions more sick.well you get the gist, if your happy having india open to us well perhaps you have some issues, if its a state by state thing and possible overreacting you may have a point.
Personally I don’t think our govt should not be allowed to stop Australian citizens from returning home. That’s a fairly basic proposition.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I don’t think our govt should be allowed to stop Australian citizens from returning home. That’s a fairly basic proposition.
They are halting it, not stopping just like state boarders shut for a bit, yep it sucks but had over a year to get home now. India has to take some responsibility for permitting religious and political gatherings ,I was o/s when boarders shut still recall the warning get home now or be prepared for the long haul. Yes many people took the wait and see approach, many are still struggling to get home at over priced rates. It sucks but for a large unvacinated nation caution is required

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They are halting it, not stopping just like state boarders shut for a bit, yep it sucks but had over a year to get home now. India has to take some responsibility for permitting religious and political gatherings ,I was o/s when boarders shut still recall the warning get home now or be prepared for the long haul. Yes many people took the wait and see approach, many are still struggling to get home at over priced rates. It sucks but for a large unvacinated nation caution is required
To me, if an Aussie is in peril overseas in this particular situation then our govt should be over there making sure they get home.

Ive read one report of an Aussie woman now diagnosed with cancer needing immediate treatment and having to try to find it India during a pandemic.

Absolutely disgusting from a Conservative party who are supposed to value nationalism.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
2/3 of the world’s epidemiologists say the current vaccine will be useless by the end of the year
Don't know how accurate those figures are ,but wouldn’t be surprised or shocked actually with the shit in India and Brazil just waiting for Indonesia, Africa ect I'll be half expecting it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Food for thought:

Probably because TB has a low infection rate and it's highly treatable, so it's much easier to control.

TB actually has a higher IFR than Covid, but it's spread rate is very low in comparison so outbreaks are relatively easy to shut down.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To me, if an Aussie is in peril overseas in this particular situation then our govt should be over there making sure they get home.

Ive read one report of an Aussie woman now diagnosed with cancer needing immediate treatment and having to try to find it India during a pandemic.

Absolutely disgusting from a Conservative party who are supposed to value nationalism.
Got a link to that report?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Agreed. There should be very strict quarantine measures on the returning people, but we shouldn't be preventing them from returning.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Fair point, yes and I believe they are working on things ,how hard is debatable no risk, but people like slater who choose to go over must accept some responsibility for their own actions.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Food for thought:

shhhh...you’ll ruin the narrative

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fair point, yes and I believe they are working on things ,how hard is debatable no risk, but people like slater who choose to go over must accept some responsibility for their own actions.
It's a bit of a tough situation for many. The Mrs has a work friend who went over there because her father died of Covid. That was right before the government shut the border and told her that she can't come home.

If people went there for a holiday or something then screw them. But in most cases it seems to be people who are either going there to provide aid, or attending to sick family members.

All that said, the government needs to do a fully strict quarantine. Put them in the strongest quarantine we have until they're clear.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Probably because TB has a low infection rate and it's highly treatable, so it's much easier to control.

TB actually has a higher IFR than Covid, but it's spread rate is very low in comparison so outbreaks are relatively easy to shut down.
OR.... The media don’t shine a spotlight on it so you don’t give a fuck or know what you’re talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.