All Smiles & Laughter post-game

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sounds great but we can't do that until after round 10. Bloody NRL & their stupid rules. It's as though they want floggings.
Why can’t Topine play?

Thought he was injured

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
If you whip a dead horse the dead horse doesn't get up and start moving

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn’t notice but if it did happen then at least that group would’ve given 100% prior and couldn’t be accused of lack of effort or genuinely underperforming.
Sorry Horse but Pay isn’t the answer either and neither were the andersons!
Whatever you think of Barrett is fair enough but to mention Pay as the person to lead this club has no credibility.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d rather watch a mistake ridden Lachlan Lewis have a go then continue watching Flanno hide and avoid the defence by throwing the ball way to early so he doesn’t get hit, also when will someone tell him his kicks are way too deep and it gives our players no time to contest the ball or even apply pressure to the opposition players trying to catch the ball.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Better get the hand up and start munching on those words of yours then Scoobs as this current period under Baz has been worse than any period under Pay.
6 again and speed of the game is more prominent than it ever was when Pay was in-charge. I'd say we are pretty much the same in defence it's just been amplified because of the changing game... It's not just Canterbury games, look at the points being scored across the competition.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Better get the hand up and start munching on those words of yours then Scoobs as this current period under Baz has been worse than any period under Pay.
You’re too short sighted. Your “I told you so” bragging over Barrett every week is tiresome. We know your opinion, now sit on it until next year. Given time I’m convinced we will improve under Barrett. And when we do I suggest you go into hiding.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I hadn’t watched the 80 minutes prior I would’ve thought that we’d won the game based on the players reactions in the minutes after the final whistle.

Elliott looked like he’d just won the lottery. Katoa grinning like a Cheshire Cat. The rest of them looked more than happy about things also. Certainly didn’t look like a team who are 1 from 8 with a cumulative deficit of nearly 200 points already.

Why aren’t they hurting? Does Barrett give them all a massage in the sheds after a limp performance?

It’s evident in most of our defensive efforts, and overall it has to be said the attitudes of our players is questionable. Needs to be addressed ASAP.
It’s why the “tears of joy” last week from the coach were so irresponsible and ridiculous. We should instead have been stone-faced, sober and disgusted that we were 1 from 7.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If I hadn’t watched the 80 minutes prior I would’ve thought that we’d won the game based on the players reactions in the minutes after the final whistle.

Elliott looked like he’d just won the lottery. Katoa grinning like a Cheshire Cat. The rest of them looked more than happy about things also. Certainly didn’t look like a team who are 1 from 8 with a cumulative deficit of nearly 200 points already.

Why aren’t they hurting? Does Barrett give them all a massage in the sheds after a limp performance?

It’s evident in most of our defensive efforts, and overall it has to be said the attitudes of our players is questionable. Needs to be addressed ASAP.
Yeah the line was 19.5 so they covered the spread with their bets on a Parramatta win.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
6 again and speed of the game is more prominent than it ever was when Pay was in-charge. I'd say we are pretty much the same in defence it's just been amplified... It's not just Canterbury games, look at the points being scored across the competition.
That’s spot on mate. Our inability to gain field position has been amplified now as we are turning the ball over in poor field position and good sides are getting more momentum now with the 6 again rule and more importantly the interpretation of it. Look around 5 or 6 games a week are blow outs.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but just putting some perspective out there... we were 1 from 8 this time last year too.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s why the “tears of joy” last week from the coach were so irresponsible and ridiculous. We should instead have been stone-faced, sober and disgusted that we were 1 from 7.
Sadly it reminded me of those embarrassing scenes at Suncorp last year when the Broncos snapped their losing streak against us and they all burst into tears and embraced as if they’d just emerged victorious from a World War. I remember how pathetic that looked and it goes without saying that they had to wait 9 months before tasting victory again. Loser mentality. Foot goes straight off the gas.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sadly it reminded me of those embarrassing scenes at Suncorp last year when the Broncos snapped their losing streak against us and they all burst into tears and embraced as if they’d just emerged victorious from a World War. I remember how pathetic that looked and it goes without saying that they had to wait 9 months before tasting victory again. Loser mentality. Foot goes straight off the gas.
100%.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I posted the below earlier in the 'Adam Elliott' thread. Funny you saw what i also saw at the ground.

At the end of the game Elliot ran to the western sideline where I was sitting smiling as he came towards his family and little son. Look it's nice to see family support and I'm sure it's a proud moment for him to have his son there don't get me wrong.....but he showed absolutely no emotion regarding the loss and the way he played. Like the loss didn't hurt him enough. Seriously I think some players just play for their pay cheques where losses don't mean anything.

I think I was hurting more.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa's attempted tackle on Mahoney which led to the Eels' first try was a disgrace... start Topine for his defence in the early exchanges and have Deitz off the bench

soft... and sh*t
Only got to see the highlights but it looked like the entire defensive performance was a disgrace.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I posted the below earlier in the 'Adam Elliott' thread. Funny you saw what i also saw at the ground.

At the end of the game Elliot ran to the western sideline where I was sitting smiling as he came towards his family and little son. Look it's nice to see family support and I'm sure it's a proud moment for him to have his son there don't get me wrong.....but he showed absolutely no emotion regarding the loss and the way he played. Like the loss didn't hurt him enough. Seriously I think some players just play for their pay cheques where losses don't mean anything.

I think I was hurting more.
Yeah mate it’s tough to cop.

You’ve paid for your membership and/or price of admission tonight to watch the club you love play. Adam’s job is to represent that club and perform to a certain standard for 80 minutes each week and gets paid 500k/year in exchange. It’s not right that you’re justifiably dejected after a loss whereas he’s all smiles and giggles. Particularly after the level of performance he showed tonight.

Unfortunately as you’ve stated there are a lot of players out there just to claim a princely pay cheque with no further attachment or care for the game or club they represent.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only got to see the highlights but it looked like the entire defensive performance was a disgrace.
for the third try, for example, Gutherson threw off a feeble attempted tackle from Averillo and then sliced between Katoa and Thompson to score... so, yeah... crap across the board... but Katoa's continued presence in FG is particularly frustrating considering he "defends" in the middle... to be fair though, Katoa did make a try saving tackle on Gutherson

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Many of the players are ex teammates (eg Waddell and Campbell-Gillard) so they have a friendly chat after the game but I agree it's a bad look and it demonstrates a lack of pride. Main concern for many of our players is probably picking up a pay cheque unfortunately. They should be reminded by Barrett and a few of our ex premiership winning players how pissed off it makes us when we see our current players getting towelled up and it's obvious as soon as the siren sounds that they don't really give a f..k. Really any player with that attitude we should be moving on for players who are more competitive and actually care about winning.