Official Round 8 Bulldogs V Eels - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will take an unchanged line-up into Saturday's grudge match against the Parramatta Eels at Stadium Australia (5:30PM).
Coming off the back of their first win of the season against the Sharks, Coach Trent Barrett has been able to name Chris Smith, Matt Doorey and Brad Deitz, all of whom left the field during last Saturday's hard-fought win.

Brandon Wakeham, who made history last round by becoming the first-ever 18th man substitute to take the field during an NRL match, has been named on an extended bench, alongside Dallin Watene-Zelezniak who is touch and go to recover from a leg infection that was treated in hospital last week.

No.PlayerSponsor
1Nick MeaneyHy-Tec
2Nick CotricGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Corey AllanAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Tui KatoaSouthern Cross Charcoal
6Jake AverilloPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Dylan NapaIntello IT
9Sione KatoaJay Productions & Events
10Luke ThompsonMMX Projects
11Adam ElliottTLH Recruitment
12Chris SmithDental on Evaline
13Corey WaddellDaily Press
Interchange Recovery Partners
14Brad DeitzKhalil Family Lawyers
15Renouf AtoniUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Ava SeumanufagaiYour Property People
17Matt DooreyMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Brandon Wakeham
20Joe Stimson
21Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
23Ofahiki Ogden

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only way I can see us having a chance of winning this match is if we come out of the blocks firing and be the first to score.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully DWZ, Smith, Doorey and Deitz can play.. Smith was looking good on an edge before he got hurt.

Deitz wasn't bad either and provided better service. He was unlucky that he was when we were defending the whole second half. It would have been nice to see him have a few runs after the quick play the balls we were getting with our roll on in the first half.

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hopefully we can get DWZ back on the wing. All the good things DWZ does from the back (run the ball straight and hard), he can do from the wing, but for some reason he only puts in 100% when hes named at 1. Meaney needs an extended run at fb, he's shown promise there and our defensive lines look better when hes organising them. He offers a lot more security under the high ball and more ball playing than DWZ.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way I can see us having a chance of winning this match is if we come out of the blocks firing and be the first to score.
We still have a lot of basic mistakes being made throughout our games
A lot are totally avoidable and quite a few just poor discipline resulting in repeated sets.
They are killing us to the point were its near impossible to win a game.
Lets hope for a good showing this Saturday,looking forward to heading out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ogden can’t make the bench anymore,
Is he slowly slipping out or still not 100%
Ogden deserves to be out of the 17 based on form. He has been disappointing this season and his defence has gotten even worse.. Plus his fitness is still ordinary..

I thought he might improve this season but he's a long shot to be re-signed at this point.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He deserves to be out of the 17 based on form. Ogden has been disappointing this season and his defence has gotten even worse.. Plus his fitness is still ordinary..

I thought he might improve this season but he's a long shot to be re-signed at this point.
Wild that Baz was starting him at the beginning of the year lol.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We're a chance here if we turn up as committed in defense as we were against the Sharks and Napa/Thompson bring the same form. The Allan/Katoa side though is a bit of a worry. One thing I picked up on when watching the Sharks game a 2nd time is Allan came up with some really bad one on one attempts on Ramien that gave them a lot of momentum on a few sets. So it wasn't just Katoa that was an issue on that side.

On the plus side, I thought the other Katoa had a decent 1st half. Distributed the ball well and picked good times to run. He's obviously not the answer there but he needs to keep that going.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden deserves to be out of the 17 based on form. He has been disappointing this season and his defence has gotten even worse.. Plus his fitness is still ordinary..

I was really looking forward to watching him this year under a new coach
But like you said the guy doesn’t want to put it all on the line,for a big unit there is very little impact.
Anyway no favours for anyone it’s all fair game.