George Floyd trial

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reasonable doubt is relative to the charge. He's facing 3 potential charges. All 3 require the jury to consider that he used unreasonable force. That's where the main reasonable doubt comes in. If the jury has doubt that he used unreasonable force then none of the charges matter. He'll be declared innocent and trial over. But based on the trial notes, I think it's pretty well established that he used unreasonable force.

Personally I think it'll result in Manslaughter. In regard to the Jury conviction on the charges, it'll come down to:

- 2nd Degree Murder: Jury must believe that Chauvin intended to cause harm to Floyd. If it's proven beyond reasonable doubt that Chauvin wanted to harm Floyd and Floyd died, then this is the conviction that will stick

- 3rd Degree Murder: Jury must believe that Chauvin was completely reckless in his actions

- Manslaughter: Jury must believe that Chauvin was crap at his job and through negligence, created a dangerous scenario

As I said, personally I think that at minimum he'll get Manslaughter based on my knowledge of the US legal system. There's a decent chance he'll get 3rd degree murder. Both are fair convictions for the circumstance. If he gets 2nd degree murder I think it may be an unfair conviction.
Yeh I agree with you he could end up guilty on manslaughter but I reckon if this happens it will only be because the jury are scared Shitless about the prospect of finding him not guilty of everything.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I understand you are having an emotional response, to a matter that is far more complex. Perhaps next time you want to engage with someone with an alternative point of view, you leave the unnecessary insults out, then you might actually learn something and find the common ground.

On a totally separate note, I personally think all the divisive and often politically motivated threads aren't helpful, in a community that is largely about the escapism (NRL etc) from this sort of stuff, and life's problems in general. In future, I will sticking to sport, and other more fun aspects of the community, and leaving the toxicity to those obsessed with pushing political agendas and propaganda.
Good, fuck off.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I think Chauvin is innocent.
TBH even if he wasnt, id wish for him to get off because i hate blm more.

I think this murder stuff is over the top, his charge should at least be manslaughter.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you ask me, Floyd’s murderer wasn’t the cop, it’s his mate Maurice Hall who was in the car with him with the Fentanyl and
Meth and he refused to testify at trial because he knew he would incriminate himself as a drug dealer.

There’s actually a chance that Hall could be charged with Floyd’s murder if Chauvin is not guilty (although this is unlikely because there is no media narrative about black Drug dealers being murderers, but there is a narrative about cops being allegedly ‘racist’.
The medical examiner said that he died of lack of oxygen and not the drugs. But here's the interesting part. For Chauvin to be convicted of Murder in the 2nd degree, the jury doesn't need to believe he was the cause of death. Just that he contributed to it. So if Floyd was going to die and Chauvin sped up that death, Chauvin is still technically guilty under US law.

But I should also point out that if you believe that a regular drug user happened to overdose at the exact same time a cop put his knee in his kneck, then you may want to take up gambling. Because there's a higher chance you'll win lotto than that happening.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The medical examiner said that he died of lack of oxygen and not the drugs. But here's the interesting part. For Chauvin to be convicted of Murder in the 2nd degree, the jury doesn't need to believe he was the cause of death. Just that he contributed to it. So if Floyd was going to die and Chauvin sped up that death, Chauvin is still technically guilty under US law.

But I should also point out that if you believe that a regular drug user happened to overdose at the exact same time a cop put his knee in his kneck, then you may want to take up gambling. Because there's a higher chance you'll win lotto than that happening.
But.... if you leant your knee on a noemal persons neck like that they wouldnt die.

The other night we did it to my friend iqbal when drinking for a laugh and he was ok.

Youre probably right though, the knee may have been the straw that broke the camels back with the high George, true, but, Isnt this standard police procedure over there? hes done that a hundred times i bet and been ok.

Have you heard of the murder of daniel Shaver? who is white btw.

if you see the video, that looks like a blatant straight up execution from the popo. Way worse than Floyd.
but the cop, phil, was found not guilty og all charges because the issue was he was following the police guidelines so the issue should be with the guidelines not the cop.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I used to think this too, but this was when the only evidence out there was all the TV media coverage which was almost 100% designed to try to make ppl think this was all about race.

If anyone takes time to watch all the trial livestreams, the conflicting evidence starts mounting up:

What Are the Signs of a Fentanyl Overdose?

“A person suffering from an overdose will show signs of extreme drowsiness. They may struggle to stay awake and even nod off from time to time.”

“Mr. Floyd’s friends will explain that Mr. Floyd fell asleep in the car and that they couldn’t wake him up to get going”
“Medical experts called by the prosecution said Mr Floyd died from hypoxia,”

“Signs of Fentanyl overdose: For example, respiratory depression can lead to hypoxia”

“When a person is abstinent for a while, their tolerance diminishes, meaning the high doses they were using before becoming abstinent may overwhelm their system should they be used again”

Floyd’s girlfriend testified he had stopped using for a while, but had clearly started using again either the day he died or in the days before he died.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
why do lefties make such a fuss from death for political gain? anyway..i m adopting leftist mentality that was afforded to Ashley Babbitt after her murder. play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But.... if you leant your knee on a noemal persons neck like that they wouldnt die.

The other night we did it to my friend iqbal when drinking for a laugh and he was ok.

Youre probably right though, the knee may have been the straw that broke the camels back with the high George, true, but, Isnt this standard police procedure over there? hes done that a hundred times i bet and been ok.

Have you heard of the murder of daniel Shaver? who is white btw.

if you see the video, that looks like a blatant straight up execution from the popo. Way worse than Floyd.
but the cop, phil, was found not guilty og all charges because the issue was he was following the police guidelines so the issue should be with the guidelines not the cop.
The pressure is the the part that each side has been debating. The prosecution showed footage of him having both feet off the ground, meaning that he had half his body weight on the neck, and that's definitely enough to do it. But the defence also showed footage of him having the knee on the back which suggests that he didn't have it on the neck all the time.

In the end it comes down to weight of evidence. Footage showing half body weight on the neck, even if only for a split second, is likely to encourage the jury to think that there was enough negligence for Manslaughter at a minimum.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I used to think this too, but this was when the only evidence out there was all the TV media coverage which was almost 100% designed to try to make ppl think this was all about race.

If anyone takes time to watch all the trial livestreams, the conflicting evidence starts mounting up:

What Are the Signs of a Fentanyl Overdose?

“A person suffering from an overdose will show signs of extreme drowsiness. They may struggle to stay awake and even nod off from time to time.”

“Mr. Floyd’s friends will explain that Mr. Floyd fell asleep in the car and that they couldn’t wake him up to get going”
“Medical experts called by the prosecution said Mr Floyd died from hypoxia,”

“Signs of Fentanyl overdose: For example, respiratory depression can lead to hypoxia”

“When a person is abstinent for a while, their tolerance diminishes, meaning the high doses they were using before becoming abstinent may overwhelm their system should they be used again”

Floyd’s girlfriend testified he had stopped using for a while, but had clearly started using again either the day he died or in the days before he died.
And I would agree except for one key point. The medical examiner testified that the drugs contributed to his death, but stated that he wouldn't have died if not for the knee on his throat.

Could the medical examiner be wrong? Of course. Definitely a possibility. But as we are people who did not examine him and don't have the expertise to rule on cause of death even if we did examine him, then it's all conjecture and we have to rely on the medical examiners analysis as it's most likely to be accurate.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whi
And I would agree except for one key point. The medical examiner testified that the drugs contributed to his death, but stated that he wouldn't have died if not for the knee on his throat.

Could the medical examiner be wrong? Of course. Definitely a possibility. But as we are people who did not examine him and don't have the expertise to rule on cause of death even if we did examine him, then it's all conjecture and we have to rely on the medical examiners analysis as it's most likely to be accurate.
Which examiner the first one or the one paid for by Floyd’s family?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whi

Which examiner the first one or the one paid for by Floyd’s family?
Both, kind of. Neither examiner found that he died of overdose. Both found that he died of heart attack. The difference is the cause of the predicted cause of the heart attack. Each examiner has a different predicted cause.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
why do lefties make such a fuss from death for political gain? anyway..i m adopting leftist mentality that was afforded to Ashley Babbitt after her murder. play stupid games win stupid prizes.
I don't think that many people adopted that personality with Ashley Babbitt, but if you are willing to adopt that personality then I'm sure you have no issue if a person is executed for jaywalking.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is the verdict due soon?

Whatever happens Murika will burn one way or another...

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is the verdict due soon?

Whatever happens Murika will burn one way or another...
If he’s found guilty, no one supporting Chauvin is going to riot in any big scale.

if He’s found not guilty everyone knows America will burn just like it did last year.

Those BLM domestic terrorists are going to be out for blood.

So stupid when the incident had zero to do with race.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he’s found guilty, no one supporting Chauvin is going to riot in any big scale.

if He’s found not guilty everyone knows America will burn just like it did last year.

Those BLM domestic terrorists are going to be out for blood.

So stupid when the incident had zero to do with race.
There will be pockets of whites who will use it to spread their hate.

I think even manslaughter won't be enough for the rioters, they want him to be judged a murderer. Any excuse to light shit on fire and steal shit.... I mean "protest".

The true protesters would be happy the cop is behind bars.

Fkn Murika. They are reaping what they have sewed. It's a piece of shit, 3rd world country.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Plus evil pieces of pig shit like this **** rash aren't helping the situation...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score

I think even manslaughter won't be enough for the rioters, they want him to be judged a murderer. Any excuse to light shit on fire and steal shit.... I mean "protest".

Fkn Murika. They are reaping what they have sewed. It's a piece of shit, 3rd world country.
The worlds going tribal.
Us arabs gotta be together
Azn quietly banding together
indians starting to band
blacks we all know BLM just go berserk at any arrest involving black etc
whites are realising they gotta be staunch too....

i think whites have tried alot to be inclusive but i feel it gets thrown in their faces.

look at heath streak, banned for 8 years for giving out players numbers.
heath, who adopted a black, learnt ndebele, and is getting savaged by black journos and the ZCB over there because hes white and they r claiming victory. no thankyou or anything.

Also, its a pure lie that blacks are locked up more than whites.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The pressure is the the part that each side has been debating. The prosecution showed footage of him having both feet off the ground, meaning that he had half his body weight on the neck, and that's definitely enough to do it. But the defence also showed footage of him having the knee on the back which suggests that he didn't have it on the neck all the time.

In the end it comes down to weight of evidence. Footage showing half body weight on the neck, even if only for a split second, is likely to encourage the jury to think that there was enough negligence for Manslaughter at a minimum.
In my legal opinion,
if jury is neutral (they might be biased because this high profile) theres enough there to muddy the water where u cant be sure. its heavy sending this guy to jail forever.

I think the offence shouldnt have shot at the stars.

Leave it just as manslughter and not murder. very good chance you can convince he did his part to assist the death but thats not murder i dont think

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Dunno mate, I’ve never seen mass protests or riots from whites ‘spreading hate’ about blacks.

Most racism is so hard to find these days that we get told that anything which doesn’t generate equal outcomes for everyone is ‘racist’. School is racist, justice system is racist etc etc Which actually sounds suspiciously like a way to install Marxism by telling everyone their racist and if they disagree they’re definitely racist lol.

The George Floyd killing we were told was racist too, except it wasn’t.