News Barrett meet with Naden

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Fan favourite because he's good in attack but can't defend to save himself. Gets caught rushing out of the line a lot or making bad decisions. I don't rate him as much as other fans but he's a massive upgrade on Hoppa still.
Fuck yeah ... he’s a big unit. Runs rings around hoppa. And wouldn’t be that expensive coming off a drug charge.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck yeah ... he’s a big unit. Runs rings around hoppa. And wouldn’t be that expensive coming off a drug charge.
Yeah a good get overall. He's big, strong and likes to run at the defence so will at least bring some intent.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what they left out, Baz wants him this season.

PS I told you this Naden link months ago ;)
I love your no BS policy and just say it as it is.
Once again great feedback bro let’s just hope we see several more genuine players added to our roster for next year.
We have guys not worthy of wearing the jersey this season and an insult to past who gave so much for this great club.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah a good get overall. He's big, strong and likes to run at the defence so will at least bring some intent.
Are you of the opinion he is gone and joining us? I missed that bit

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We try for Staggs...end up with Naden...

Barrett has proven jack rubbish about his ability to attract players and don't say Burton he's only coming as he's guaranteed a halves position!
Staggs doesn’t want to leave QLD..
It wouldn’t matter what coach chased him from south of the border.
JAC is a rep player that was sold on Barrett’s vision.
Let’s see who he jags by seasons end, before we nail him to the cross...ffs!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Renouf is clear, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you. Higher workrate, more disciplined, higher quality, etc. No contest.
I hated it when we signed him and hate it even more now. He is just way too undisciplined and doesn't have the workrate or quality to ever be a starter. The reality of the situation is that he's a benchy and shouldn't be on more than 170k.
Capture.PNG

Higher workrate...:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Just because you don't like a player doesn't change the facts or stats. Atoni doesn't intimidate anyone and playing with the humps we have had last couple of years if he was ever going to stand out it was then. Hetho is a loose cannon that needs to learn some discipline but his aggression if targeted correctly can change momentum in games the way JWH and similar forwards do.

Stick to bitching about Barret/Lewis/Hoppa etc...

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
View attachment 23325

Just because you don't like a player doesn't change the facts or stats. Atoni doesn't intimidate anyone and playing with the humps we have had last couple of years if he was ever going to stand out it was then. Hetho is a loose cannon that needs to learn some discipline but his aggression if targeted correctly can change momentum in games the way JWH and similar forwards do.

Didn't change shit, if you can't see what you did wrong there then I'm not going to other helping you. Renouf has clearly been better than Hetherington this season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
View attachment 23325

Both Hetherington and Atoni are good bench options moving forward. I personally rate Atoni slightly higher (eye test). Hetherington has averaged 48 minutes this season and Atoni 37 minutes. When you take that into consideration Atoni's stats are more impressive.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't change shit, if you can't see what you did wrong there then I'm not going to other helping you. Renouf has clearly been better than Hetherington this season.
Bullshit. you flip and flop all the time. You were all for Barrett and now you talk like you were always against him. You hated Hetherington, then 2 weeks ago you were on his train and then off again. You have talked up Atoni for ages and he has never really made it to the level hyped, tough titties.

Hetho has a future at the dogs, Atoni should and probably will be moved on.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit. you flip and flop all the time. You were all for Barrett and now you talk like you were always against him. You hated Hetherington, then 2 weeks ago you were on his train and then off again. You have talked up Atoni for ages and he has never really made it to the level hyped, tough titties.

Atoni was our best forward last week from memory?

Low bar, I know

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

No

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reason why?
Old panther would know better but I reckon it would have to do with the fact he racked up the night before the gf.

That would be enough for the playing group and coach to not want him around.

It will be a clean slate with a new club.

And half our players look like they have been on the piss on the actual morning of the game so they have no right to judge him

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Atoni was our best forward last week from memory?

Low bar, I know
Look I’m not anti Atoni and this wasn’t about him it was a simple comment I made about Hetherington and his potential if he learns some discipline. Old mate decided to dis it out of hand because this week he’s off him.

meh...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look I’m not anti Atoni and this wasn’t about him it was a simple comment I made about Hetherington and his potential if he learns some discipline. Old mate decided to dis it out of hand because this week he’s off him.

meh...
I think the phrase “anti atoni” is the best thing I have seen on this page for quiet a while