Opinion Sack Dan Ferris - Dan Ferris has quit: official

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a bigger con man in rugby league than this bloke?

How’s his track record as Head of Physical Performance across a trio of NRL clubs;

Manly 2015: 9th
Manly 2016: 13th
Manly 2017: 7th

Titans 2018: 14th
Titans 2019: 16th
Titans 2020: 9th

Bulldogs 2021: 16th

He talks a big game in the weights room yet his troops come out on game day presenting as marshmallows.

And what’s he doing today parking himself on the bench in Barrett’s ear for 80 minutes presumably dishing out tactical advice. Stay in your lane please Dan. Can someone please tell me what this bloke is up to??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Beast Mode will be right there with you on this one.. Our fitness or lack of has been an issue for years dating back to Des and Pay and it somehow looks worse under Baz and Ferris.

Furner as a defensive coach and Ferris as strength and conditioning coach seem to be horrible decisions which have only made things harder for Barrett.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
furner and Ferris both need the sack already.... our defence has gone to shit since furner took over and Ferris has no idea how to get a team fit. Our troops don’t look much smaller then another team but yet it looks like boys vs men 80% of the games we play. How do us supporters see this shit and highly paid idiots like the board and coach don’t. It baffles me

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a bigger con man in rugby league than this bloke?

How’s his track record as Head of Physical Performance across a trio of NRL clubs;

Manly 2015: 9th
Manly 2016: 13th
Manly 2017: 7th

Titans 2018: 14th
Titans 2019: 16th
Titans 2020: 9th

Bulldogs 2021: 16th

He talks a big game in the weights room yet his troops come out on game day presenting as marshmallows.

And what’s he doing today parking himself on the bench in Barrett’s ear for 80 minutes presumably dishing out tactical advice. Stay in your lane please Dan. Can someone please tell me what this bloke is up to??
He could have a shave for starters.
Might think he looks like Ned Kelly but got none of the hardness. Disappointing Dan, disappointing.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Beast Mode will be right there with you on this one.. Our fitness or lack of has been an issue for years dating back to Des and Pay and it somehow looks worse under Baz and Ferris.

Furner as a defensive coach and Ferris as strength and conditioning coach seem to be horrible decisions which have only made things harder for Barrett.
Im sorry. But with Barrett I have bitten my tongue because I wanted to believe what many others did or at the very least wanted to. That he was/is the coach to lead us back to the top.

Furner and Ferris were handpicked by him. No blame shifting is acceptable.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He could have a shave for starters.
Might think he looks like Ned Kelly but got none of the hardness. Disappointing Dan, disappointing.
Nah the beard is crucial to his image. You’re not a proper powerlifting coach unless you’re rocking the bald head from PED abuse alongside the beard.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im sorry. But with Barrett I have bitten my tongue because I wanted to believe what many others did or at the very least wanted to. That he was/is the coach to lead us back to the top.

Furner and Ferris were handpicked by him. No blame shifting is acceptable.
I'm not shifting blame Baz. I'm saying he's responsible for appointing them and they've been horrible appointments which have made his job harder. So the blame falls squarely on him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Nah the beard is crucial to his image. You’re not a proper powerlifting coach unless you’re rocking the bald head from PED abuse alongside the beard.
Well that’s a sad state of affairs because the image ain’t great and the cupboard otherwise bare :(.

MrT

Waterboy
Reaction score

Didn’t Barrett pick these guys for these positions?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not shifting blame Baz. I'm saying he's responsible for appointing them and they've been horrible appointments which have made his job harder. So the blame falls squarely on him.
Mate, I am not aiming my comment at you. You have been very supportive of our appointed coach as we all should and have questioned a number things while still supporting him.

I’m just getting a little tired of Barrett deflecting at others and not owning anything himself.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate, I am not aiming my comment at you. You have been very supportive of our appointed coach as we all should and have questioned a number things while still supporting him.

I’m just getting a little tired of Barrett deflecting at others and not owning anything himself.
That's just it Baz, I'm all for patience and supporting someone but I'll also be impartial and honest enough to question things if need be as there always needs to be accountability. I hope Barrett is man enough to not be stubborn or set in his ways and admit when things aren't working...

And if not, I hope the CEO and Chairman have the balls to make those decisions for him if he won't. So I'm not suggesting Barrett faces the axe yet, but the club should be looking at any and every way of improving what they can control for this season to steady the ship and get us back on course.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I was a little surprised when Georgallis got the axe but understood that maybe a fresh start was ideal. However in hindsight he had us playing better than we are at present.
Our defence is very poor and fitness nothing special

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Holbrook, Ennis, Dymock or Kimmorley would have been the dream coaching trio. We have Barrett now and as a result of his appointment we got Burton... We just need to deal with our 5th year of shit and pray we make some good signings, dunno how we get out of paying overs now though

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ah makes sense ponies old meal tickets gone with Dean flop and he’s looking to get it back

Sorry bud those flops are gone. Even if this one is in.