Opinion Next week vs Cowboys

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allan is a reserve grader...what a waste of money. I miss centres of early 2000s like Vagana, Lolesi
True.
Just the mention of Vangana makes me realise we have a bunch of kids playing in our squad.
have a long way to go.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Dwz
2. Katoa
3. Allen
4. Hoppa
5. Cotric
6. Averillo
7. Flanno
8. Ava
9. Katoa
10. Thompson
11. Elliot
12. Waddell
13. Jacko

14. Topine
15. Hetho
16. Atoni
17. Smith

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1) DWZ.
2) Katoa.
3) Smith.
4) Cotric.
5) Allen.
6) Lewis.
7) Flanagan.
8) Atoni.
9) Topine.
10) Hetherington.
11) Jackson.
12) Elliott.
13) Waddell.
14) Ogden.
15) Sumanefagai.
16) Averillo.
17) Napa.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What dont you agree with? Napa is the only one I'm not sold on, but theres no one else.
Cmon mate. Chris Smith at centre. Really ??

Averillo our main attacking threat last week and one of the few young blokes with potential we have and you wanna punt him ??

Yep he missed tackles but so did Elliott and heaps of others so punt them too in your lineup

And where the fark is Thompson ??

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What dont you agree with? Napa is the only one I'm not sold on, but theres no one else.
mate you have a backrower with busted knees at centre. Averillo was one of the best on the weekend and you have dropped him for the turtle lewis. And dont say he can tackle as he cant, he put his in the wrong spot and got knocked out, under 10's stuff.
Thompson, our only front rower is not in the 17??

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis is a fraud plain and simple.

Flanno, Avo & Burto (next year) are locked in for the halves spots any other guys are imposters.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Averillo was excellent against the storm
A bit confusing why Antoni came on late,he might need to start the games for a period of time.
Just get into the thick of things straight away & go hard for let’s say 25 minutes

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Things are on the improve every week, saw lots to like in the Storm loss, this club is not to remain at the bottom.
If everyone thinks Topine should be hooker so be it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is pretty much our GF.

Win this and the confidence builds and we can prob jag a few more wins against fellow strugglers and some teams on the bubble of the 8

That will give us fans reasons for optimism for the remaining season of 2021 en route to 22’

Lose this (and lose it badly ) then we are looking at an even longer season of pain, suffering and ridicule from rival fans

Thank God my Clippers are rolling in the NBA and playoffs around the corner

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think 4pm tomorrow will be an amusing moment.

As for this week I won’t be putting any hard earned on us ( I never have tipped or backed against us and never will), but will intentionally forget to get on.

My tip is to not follow my lead as I am nowhere tipping our mob.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
mate you have a backrower with busted knees at centre. Averillo was one of the best on the weekend and you have dropped him for the turtle lewis. And dont say he can tackle as he cant, he put his in the wrong spot and got knocked out, under 10's stuff.
Thompson, our only front rower is not in the 17??
We have a turtle playing centre now. Do you want him? Averillo is not a good enough defender for centre.
I selected him as 14 because he can cover the halves at a pinch.
I left Thompson out because he appears to be injured and may not play, otherwise he is in 10 and leave Napa out.
Smith at centre because he can tackle. He can bring the ball back. They wont attack that side because the turtle isnt there.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see us winning against the Cowboys at their home ground.

I disagree about DWZ as fullback - he failed to read obvious plays where the Storm stacked one side for a kick; and was missing in action when a Storm player chased the ball into the in-goal with no defender to stop them. DWZ should have anticipated this, and been there to diffuse the kicks, but he was caught out every time.

Hopoate had the best set of hands in the game, but the ball dies with him when we have a winger backing up with a chance for a run to the line. He's too slow, and too uninterested. Drop him, and give a youngster the chance to learn in a year when we're going nowhere anyway.

Why don't we chase our kicks? Even if we knock the ball on it makes no difference to the result; but we have a chance of catching it, or forcing a mistake. All we do is stand and wait for them to run 20 metres back to us for the first tackle.

Cowboys will have done their research and identified these weaknesses, which we seem intent not to fix. They will win for sure.
Hopa is anxious because he is off contract this year. He is a genuinely good player. If he secures a contract with us or any team you will see his form pick up. Remember he has 4 young kids....would take its toll on any father

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Cowboys lock Jason Taumalolo (hand) has said he's no guarantee to return for his club's game against the Bulldogs on Sunday. He must get through a contact session on Thursday to take his place. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (ankle) and Connelly Lemuelu (shoulder) are also under injury clouds.

(From nrl.com)