Official Round 5 Bulldogs V Storm - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dogs lose by a score line like 74 - 0 Barrett (as much as I hope he does well) will be gone within a few days. Big game for him.
No no no.

He has a 3 year contract and he has inherited a dud squad. Sorry to be blunt but you are delusional to think to Baz will be paid out a 3 year contract after 5 games

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I see the biggest problem is that the majority of players have heard that they are being let go.
Accordingly, a lot of them are not having a real dig.
Agree but why aren’t they trying to earn a contract at a future club? Most of them are in their mid 20s and have 5-10 years potentially to keep playing.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree but why aren’t they trying to earn a contract at a future club? Most of them are in their mid 20s and have 5-10 years potentially to keep playing.
Yep exactly. They are digging their own graves

To be fair though I think they are all having a go except for Napa. Unfortunately they are just not NRL standard players which is evidenced by the fact that none of our off contract players seem to be attracting any interest whatsoever from other clubs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

To be fair though I think they are all having a go except for Napa. Unfortunately they are just not NRL standard players which is evidenced by the fact that none of our off contract players seem to be attracting any interest whatsoever from other clubs
Don't seem to have the necessary competitive fortitude either it seems to change their fortunes.

Maybe they will start as contract time runs out towards the end of the season.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and my right testy was itchy. Is that a good omen for tonight's game or should it have been the left one? Please help if you know the answer as I wish to place an educated bet before I drink my usual amount of strong liquor before a Bulldog game.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Yeah depth is a problem. Young & inexperienced probably can’t develop too much further without more senior players around them for support. Besides broncos it doesn’t help we have played teams toward the top of the table whilst dealing with suspensions and injuries. Our luck and our form will hopefully turn around soon. Personally I think we’ll go ok today considering the circumstances. Sorry if that’s too much optimism for some :tearsofjoy:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Happy game day all. Here’s hoping the boys turn up and keep Melbourne honest. Visible improvement is the minimum expectation.

Can’t wait to see what Thommo brings also. Desperately need him to be a 150+metre man week in week out.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol.. so we are no chance .. OK, but here’s a little food for thought..

At $15 (NZ tab price) it would be silly not to take our boys at that price .. I’m going to put $100 on our doggies to win, definitely a chance for an upset and a very nice little pay out.. it’s improbable... BUT nothings impossible.. still a chance , and people will be jumping on this opportunity.. so FUCK the bookies, the haters and non blue and white supporters.!!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

At $15 (NZ tab price) it would be silly not to take our boys at that price .. I’m going to put $100 on our doggies to win, definitely a chance for an upset and a very nice little pay out.. it’s improbable... BUT nothings impossible.. still a chance , and people will be jumping on this opportunity.. so FUCK the bookies, the haters and non blue and white supporters.!!!
Post the ticket or it didn’t happen.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and my right testy was itchy. Is that a good omen for tonight's game or should it have been the left one? Please help if you know the answer as I wish to place an educated bet before I drink my usual amount of strong liquor before a Bulldog game.
Sounds like an omen for some kind of STD..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Pull thommo at first try scorer at $100+. $10k pay out.. not bad!

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Tfr me the 100 instead

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling when players like Shouup Dorey become available for selection (heard around half way into the season), Players like Napa Hoppa will be replaced never to play in our jersey gain, by then the CC players will have had a few more game to toughen up for the NRL, lets not for get that these players played very little football in 2020.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly they could be 1million/1 & still wont score

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a feeling when players like Shouup Dorey become available for selection (heard around half way into the season), Players like Napa Hoppa will be replaced never to play in our jersey gain, by then the CC players will have had a few more game to toughen up for the NRL, lets not for get that these players played very little football in 2020.
Doorey already available, he's in the top 30.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Great :( Just great!

Now cheating refs and Sportsbet gonna send Thommo off in first minute because of that bet.