How in the f... can you be penalised for a shoulder charge that doesn't connect ?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And just like all your other claims you can provide evidence of this ‘agenda’ can’t you...:tearsofjoy:
Dink surely u can see we get the rough end of the stick every week... Like for Fux sake the ref called a knock on for hoppa when Mitchell clearly should have been penalized! Ref certainly had his golden ticket to Russell's A List party in his pocket yesterday.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Dink surely u can see we get the rough end of the stick every week... Like for Fux sake the ref called a knock on for hoppa when Mitchell clearly should have been penalized! Ref certainly had his golden ticket to Russell's A List party in his pocket yesterday.
Sorry mate, no, I’m not going to resort to ref bashing for our woes. I can’t pin-point a single decision yesterday that would’ve altered the course of the game. The facts are we are well behind the pace in terms of squad quality - watching the Storm last night proved that again. We need better balance in our roster and then better ongoing roster management - something teams like the Storm and Chooks do well consistently. Sombrero jokes aside, the Chooks must’ve thought they won the lottery when we took Napa off their hands. They were willing to cut Flanagan and thus far it looks like they were right. The Storm were happy to let Cronk go after winning a comp in 2017 and now C. Smith and look at them now - a new spine and they’re still a top side. If we aren’t learning from the pace setters then we will continue to struggle and bad tradesmen always blame their tools.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry mate, no, I’m not going to resort to ref bashing for our woes. I can’t pin-point a single decision yesterday that would’ve altered the course of the game. The facts are we are well behind the pace in terms of squad quality - watching the Storm last night proved that again. We need better balance in our roster and then better ongoing roster management - something teams like the Storm and Chooks do well consistently. Sombrero jokes aside, the Chooks must’ve thought they won the lottery when we took Napa off their hands. They were willing to cut Flanagan and thus far it looks like they were right. The Storm were happy to let Cronk go after winning a comp in 2017 and now C. Smith and look at them now - a new spine and they’re still a top side. If we aren’t learning from the pace setters then we will continue to struggle and bad tradesmen always blame their tools.
Sorry mate, no. Not blaming the ref for the loss but if you think they are not part of the problem then you must not watch NRL much. IT IS FACT that the NRL favour the the top rank teams....

I dont disagree with what your saying about other clubs though the only issue with Flanno is the fact they are expecting a 22 year old rookie half to lead this team around.

Oh and a tradesman is only as good as his tools. IN this case Barrett and club will continue to struggle unless we buy the right players in necessary positions, starting with the front row.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry mate, no. Not blaming the ref for the loss but if you think they are not part of the problem then you must not watch NRL much. IT IS FACT that the NRL favour the the top rank teams....

I dont disagree with what your saying about other clubs though the only issue with Flanno is the fact they are expecting a 22 year old rookie half to lead this team around.

Oh and a tradesman is only as good as his tools. IN this case Barrett and club will continue to struggle unless we buy the right players in necessary positions, starting with the front row.
Even when we were flying in 2004/09/12/14 we still got the rough end of the pineapple

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even when we were flying in 2004/09/12/14 we still got the rough end of the pineapple
Hard to say tbh, I know we are a club that always has to defy all odds in order to win but the memory can hardly look back and say it wasnt just a biased opinion.

Changing the rules in 2013 stopping the Barba sweep play is evidence in itself though... Would like to see if the shoe was on the foot of the Roosters if that rule wouldve stood until they won a comp.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Mate I watch plenty of footy. Always have.

So the NRL favour the top teams - is this the same NRL that booted Souths from the comp in 1999 only to lose the court case? I just don’t buy into the conspiracies - our problems are much closer to home.

Yes, Flanno is young and under a lot of pressure, I’m not ready to crucify him yet. The reason I mentioned him was good roster management - the Chooks are top notch with this (though with their injury woes in the halves maybe they jumped the gun there).

And yes re: recruitment - Baz said that verbatim in the presser yesterday. I have no doubt the board, Wharby and Baz are working behind the scenes to recruit talent for next year. In my view there’s no question at least Napa and maybe more up front are gone end of this year. We are the masters of our destiny - it’s important now that we have money again we get it right.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I watch plenty of footy. Always have.

So the NRL favour the top teams - is this the same NRL that booted Souths from the comp in 1999 only the lose the court case? I just don’t buy into the conspiracies - our problems are much closer to home.

Yes, Flanno is young and under a lot of pressure, I’m not ready to crucify him yet. The reason I mentioned him was good roster management - the Chooks are top notch with this (though with their injury woes in the halves maybe they jumped the gun there).

And yes re: recruitment - Baz said that verbatim in the presser yesterday. I have no doubt the board, Wharby and Baz are working behind the scenes to recruit talent for next year. In my view there’s no question at least Napa and maybe more up front are gone end of this year. We are the masters of our destiny - it’s important now that we have money again we get it right.
The NRL has top teams. The NRL is a business, its economy is for front. When the economy relies on marketing and expansion it is not obvious the NRL has top teams.

In regards to Souffs, Russell adds plenty of that marketing and expansion factor including internationally.. Also it doesn't hurt being invited to A list parties. You only have to see how proud everybody speaks of their moments with Rusty. Before Russell Crowe Souffs was nothing hence the deregistration.

In regards to Roosters, organizations are easily corrupted, naive to think otherwise. We can certainly assume who pulls the strings.

Melbourne, Brisbane in the past, expansion.

Titans, expansion. Newcastle foothold. NRL stepped in to bail out these teams... Ask yourself mate, would the NRL step in to help the dogs?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ask yourself mate, would the NRL step in to help the dogs?
No and pre-Covid nor should they, we have the richest league club in the NRL and one of the most profitable registered clubs in the country. That’s another problem of ours - decades of infighting between the league and footy clubs driven mostly by ego.

I don’t blame the NRL for expansion nor protection of markets - if they didn’t do it the AFL or FFA would’ve.

It’s time we got our house back in and kept it in order. We should be the masters of our own destiny.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without quoting anybody on this. I do feel like while this one decision in isolation didn't cost us the game. But I do feel like it was a harsh call given he didn't connect. I saw other shoulder charges by Souths connect and not get pulled up. I saw an elbow to the back of Meaneys head that didn't get pulled up. I saw the Mitchell strip wrongly called a knock on and the look of dejection from the ref when it was challenged (almost like he knew he'd made the wrong decision and was made to look stupid instantly). It still wasn't penalized.

Might be a bit of the blue and white bias from me in this, but when I do watch portions of other games I see one sided refereeing happen quite regularly. I personally think it's gambling related and am not ashamed to be labeled a conspiracy theorist if you choose to think that. But when a gambling agency has strong links to the game it's hard not to see a conflict of interest.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No and pre-Covid nor should they, we have the richest league club in the NRL and one of the most profitable registered clubs in the country. That’s another problem of ours - decades of infighting between the league and footy clubs driven mostly by ego.

I don’t blame the NRL for expansion nor protection of markets - if they didn’t do it the AFL or FFA would’ve.

It’s time we got our house back in and kept it in order. We should be the masters of our own destiny.
Totally agree and this is why we have been so successful in the recent past. It seems we cannot avoid the that fact there are favs so hopefully with the new boards settling and coaching staff doing what they need to to get the team firing its time to defy all odds as I always say.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
AND the contact was forceful.

To me, it reads contact is an element of the offence
I see what you’re saying but again affect and effect. The contact is effect, the entry to the tackle is affect. With the rule addressing the definition of the misconduct as affect, the actual contact bit may not matter because the intent has been shown. Yes, on the day it’s a 50/50 situation and could go either way but I don’t think it suggests a major blunder on behalf of the official, even with my blue and white blinkers on.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without quoting anybody on this. I do feel like while this one decision in isolation didn't cost us the game. But I do feel like it was a harsh call given he didn't connect. I saw other shoulder charges by Souths connect and not get pulled up. I saw an elbow to the back of Meaneys head that didn't get pulled up. I saw the Mitchell strip wrongly called a knock on and the look of dejection from the ref when it was challenged (almost like he knew he'd made the wrong decision and was made to look stupid instantly). It still wasn't penalized.

Might be a bit of the blue and white bias from me in this, but when I do watch portions of other games I see one sided refereeing happen quite regularly. I personally think it's gambling related and am not ashamed to be labeled a conspiracy theorist if you choose to think that. But when a gambling agency has strong links to the game it's hard not to see a conflict of interest.
Very well put mate!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I personally think it's gambling related and am not ashamed to be labeled a conspiracy theorist if you choose to think that. But when a gambling agency has strong links to the game it's hard not to see a conflict of interest.
Might be best if @BondiBulldog explains that one again, but I’m of the belief it’s the opposite - betting agencies do not benefit from supposed ‘fixed’ outcomes. Those agencies operate in a highly regulated environment and a few of them are public companies too - are senior management of these agencies going to be complicit in fixing outcomes? No way. Especially when they generate massive revenues on legit bets as it is. @Horse also made a good point regarding live betting - it’s just not that easy to ‘ensure’ a result now for a number of reasons.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
How long have you been watching the game Alzz? 50/50 calls have been around forever and always will be. You win some, you lose some. Doesn’t make it an ‘agenda’ - because that’s conspiracy crap 101. We are not good enough, it’s that simple. I had higher hopes for 2021 as we all did after 3 years of hell but here we are. How about focussing on the fact we need about 4 quality signings and bring some more juniors through to get a better balance in the roster. This is not the NRL or referees against us, this is a club that still has some very significant challenges to solve, end of.
why not just answer the question you nutbar

Kebab74

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That was a huge turning point in the game.. Seriously guys is the only concern after being mauled by the feral rabbits?

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s the agenda that I keep talking about
our player today was told to stop being aggressive.... let that sink in
Exactly, while C.Walker was allowed to keep doing anything he wanted.

After the Ref had words with hoppa our team slumped.

I said it in the match thread, even IF we scored points we would have lost that anyway.

Many of you guys on here forget how often we were robbed when we were good. I would rather lose like this playing poorly as opposed to getting robbed.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was a huge turning point in the game.. Seriously guys is the only concern after being mauled by the feral rabbits?
The other concern is the fact the team is full of crap players. But the officials don't help.