Brendan Piakura consolidated thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sucked in to carrigan and flegler
They’ve knocked us back twice and now everyone else is seeing the light and leaving that shit hole

piakura is a signing I like
Dodged a massive bullet on Carrigan!

Pay had a massive hard on for him and threw big bucks his way I'm so glad we missed out.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are.

Am really hoping they pay Staggs overs and it means we can take Payne Haas off their hands. Would even be happy with Flegler he is a bit of a go-er and what we need.
You could see it coming from miles away though... they had way too much money invested in forwards. Even with losing Fifita.. We made a decent offer for Carrigan i think last year... But he decided to stay with the Broncs, im sure the Broncs offer was less than what we offered but they would have had to increase their offer I would think.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lodge haas Carrigan Pangai all over 500k. Lodge is on 700k ffs. Stupid. Haas is only on 500k
He will get 800k next contract. Easy. Flagler wouldn’t be on nothing either. Glenn ditto. Riki too.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
You could see it coming from miles away though... they had way too much money invested in forwards. Even with losing Fifita.. We made a decent offer for Carrigan i think last year... But he decided to stay with the Broncs, im sure the Broncs offer was less than what we offered but they would have had to increase their offer I would think.
Glad we didn't end up with Carrigan. Poor simpleton **** should have left, now he may be forced out because of their salary cap restraints.

Staggs is gonna break the bank for them. Even someone like Farnworth would be a great buy.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha I don't mind Flegler.. a lot better than what we have in the front row at the moment lol
He is certainly better than anything we have at the moment....though that's not saying much!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
1 hour ago Fox Sports had this kid as signing with us.

2 minutes ago they had Kevvy intervening and offering a $1.2million 3 year deal that will keep him at Brisbane lol

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 hour ago Fox Sports had this kid as signing with us.

2 minutes ago they had Kevvy intervening and offering a $1.2million 3 year deal that will keep him at Brisbane lol
...3 Months ago the Murdoch stable had Bellamy all stitched up and ready to take the Dogs into 2021 and beyond.
The day I believe a syllable of print from Murdoch/Fox/Rothfield is the day I lose all sense and reason!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Broncos bite back: Kevvie launches 11th hour bid to stop Brendan Piakura’s Brisbane exit

Brendan Piakura is expected to leave the Broncos. Digital image by Robb Cox/NRL Photos
Brendan Piakura is expected to leave the Broncos. Digital image by Robb Cox/NRL Photos
Brisbane coach Kevin Walters has launched an eleventh hour bid aimed at torpedoing Canterbury out of the water and keeping young back-rower Brendan Piakura at Red Hill.

The Dogs were closing in on the teenager’s signature, but in a bid to stop the mass exodus of young talent, Walters has made an offer of $1.2 million deal over three years.

But after a breakdown in negotiations, Walters personally intervened to up the ante in the bidding war.

The club legend, who has lost his first two games as NRL head coach, and is desperate to stop the flow of Brisbane’s most-coveted talent leaving the club.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos bite back: Kevvie launches 11th hour bid to stop Brendan Piakura’s Brisbane exit

Brisbane coach Kevin Walters has launched an eleventh hour bid aimed at torpedoing Canterbury out of the water and keeping young back-rower Brendan Piakura at Red Hill.

The Dogs were closing in on the teenager’s signature, but in a bid to stop the mass exodus of young talent, Walters has made an offer of $1.2 million deal over three years.

But after a breakdown in negotiations, Walters personally intervened to up the ante in the bidding war.

The club legend, who has lost his first two games as NRL head coach, and is desperate to stop the flow of Brisbane’s most-coveted talent leaving the club.
This is getting interesting.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If they do, we need to throw enough to sign staggs. Fick them.

400k for 3 years for a kid in the pack makes me a little more nervous than 250k for 2 years...

Rather put that 400k on hoppa pay and sign staggs and have topine/doorey fill a spot.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Kevvie actually did offer that to him then he is a dead shit.

You can't be throwing that money around when you don't have it.
100% this!
They are in a bind prior to this with too much money invested in the pigs....
I am sure they will try to get rid of under performers on overs but unless they are paying large proportions of the wages i cant see anyone picking up the contracts - Milf, Lodge any others??