News Round 2 charges: Watene-Zelezniak, Feldt facing bans

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Feldt is particularly lucky considering the player landed on his head. I also think that 4 weeks would have been right for DWZ considering where first contact was.View attachment 22270
It’s a reflex his arm going out as Cleary changed direction. Wasn’t intentional.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s a reflex his arm going out as Cleary changed direction. Wasn’t intentional.
TBH that's what I though too until I saw the replay on the NRL website. Normally I stand up for our players, but he could have tackled him anywhere, so this time there is no excuse.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game has gone sort. Hits him the shoulders . Shouldn’t of been 10 in the bin or even on report.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally, DWZ does something useful for once by attempting to take out Cleary. At least this means Burton has a chance to play FG this week

Usually when one of our players is suspended I'd be disappointed but not this time. I'm not even going to pretend to be pissed - this is fantastic news. But seriously does it really matter whether we play DWZ or Kotoa? I'd love to see Schoup get a go but he's not in the top 30 so Kotoa, who I don't rate at all, is the next best option. Either way that edge will gift the opposition easy tries so who gives a crap who plays on that wing

I'm so over seeing these plodders disgrace my beloved team. One more year of horseshit to go before we can see the light.

Fuck Des/Dib/Castle/Pay for destroying our great club

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Deserves it but that Kafusi elbow in a similar punishment is ridiculous. Should have had 10 mins (wouldn't have argued sent off) plus 4-6 weeks. Makes their concussion wank look really hollow.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was a ridiculous attempt at a tackle. Every game DWZ has a dumb moment.
I wish we could have traded him to Parra for Blake Ferguson... or Tigers for Mormoroski... Such a missed opportunity.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd personally move Hoppa to wing and bring in schoup.. Hoppa may be the slowest winger in history, but at least he will be less of a liability there and he can do more yardage, which is all he's good for these days..

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team for round 3. We need to make some changes.
DWZ suspended we need to move Allen to wing Hoppa to FB. No loss and safest option with good height down the left where we need to attack down Milford's side with Cotric getting plenty of ball with his fend can cause havoc. Plenty of high kicks down the left I predict points will come down that side for us from Cotric and Allen.
Averillo to right centre to open the shackles will give us much needed pace out wide with Meaney. Defence could be an issue but again not much option. Lewis umm, ok again not much option but can relieve Flanno coming over to the left side with Lewis's kicking and I think Cotric will make options easier for Lewis. With Flanno working with Avo on the right it's a pretty good combination and allowing our halves to play either side which we have been lacking due to Avo going missing it will also help Flanno's workload. Overall a better balance.

I started with Wadell because of his 12 hit ups for 99 mtrs but the 43 post contact mtrs is impressive in tough conditions so a chance to prove himself.
I'm concerned RFM could be ruled out. I've gone for Napa...yeh ok shoot me lol. Purely on experience and that Barrett will put a rocket up him for that poor attempted missed tackle that lead to a try. Open for other options tho.
Bring in Doorey and give him another chance and to get more experience against a weaker side in the comp.

If it is played under dry conditions in QLD we need to spread the ball on both sides after three tackles outside our 40 and in the middle third. With the pace of the game this will relieve the workload on our forwards so they aren't gased when defending. Play to our strengths attacking out wide not up the middle with the combinations I've chosen.

01. Will Hopoate
02. Nick Meaney
03. Jake Averillo
04. Nick Cotric
05. Corey Allen
06. Lachlan Lewis
07. Kyle Flanagan
08. Adam Elliott
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Renouf Atoni
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Wadell
13. Jack Hetherington

14. Ofahiki Ogden
15. Matt Doorey
16. Sione Katoa
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (in doubt)
Or, Dylan Napa

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your gonna try averillo in the halves 8n any game, you'd try him against a team like the broncos to try and give him some confidence which he is clearly lacking.
Great point!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
01. Jake Averillo
02. Nick Meaney
03. Corey Allen
04. Nick Cotric
05. Will Hopoate
06. Brandon Wakeham
07. Kyle Flanagan
08. Adam Elliott
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Renouf Atoni
11. Josh Jackson
12. Corey Wadell
13. Jack Hetherington

14. Ofahiki Ogden
15. Matt Doorey
16. Brad Dietz
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner (in doubt)
18. Dont really know? just not Napa, he needs big minutes in Reggies..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It should be pretty easy to argue a downgrade, plainly DWZ was going for a tackle to wrap up the ball with his right arm. Cleary tried to palm him off with his left hand on DWZ shoulder, this forced up DWZ arm. Also Cleary ducked such that his head lined up with DWZ arm. This image plainly shows it, look at where DWZ's palm is facing, downwards toward the ball. Look at where Cleary's left hand is, on DWZ's shoulder, then look at how much effort he is exerting as shown by his bicep muscle, obviously an attempt at a palm off. Lastly look at how much Cleary is crouching, he was plainly trying to slip under the ball and all tackle and at the same time pushing DWZ shoulder to move his arm upwards to more easily get under the tackle.

1616377585559.png

The tackle plainly shouldn't even be graded as Grade 1 Careless since it was Cleary who moved the tackling arm upwards whilst at the same time he ducked into it.

Go Dogs

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if he gets 6 weeks it’s not going to make a difference to our shit side anyway.