News Bulldogs head sponsor Arthur Laundy calls on Panthers to let Matt Burton leave club

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he’s that rich why doesn’t he just bribe Cleary and the Penrith management with an offer they can’t refuse silently. That should do the trick. Just drive past Ivan’s house for a coffee and drop off a bag with $500k worth of $100 bills.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know some people here are anti-Laundy but I’m happy with him agitating for a release of Burton. We all know Penrith have no legal obligation blah blah blah but it’s making them look like *****.

Releases work both ways. If a club don’t want you ie Mansour you’re gone. If you want more money elsewhere you generally get a release because clubs don’t want an unhappy player and also don’t want to turn future recruits off. Cleary is a massive hypocrite. Imagine if his chin had wanted a release to join him at the Tigers

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was really worried there wasn’t going to be an article about Burton today. Who will be quoted in tomorrow’s article, Terry Lamb or Turvey should be good.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to give uncle Arthur a chance, his new at this, uncle Nick has over 40 years experience!
Give him a chance by all means I’m more than happy to do that but he is so far off being Politis at this point they shouldn’t even be compared apart from their own personal business dealings. When it comes to rugby league they are currently poles apart hopefully that changes.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know some people here are anti-Laundy but I’m happy with him agitating for a release of Burton. We all know Penrith have no legal obligation blah blah blah but it’s making them look like *****.

Releases work both ways. If a club don’t want you ie Mansour you’re gone. If you want more money elsewhere you generally get a release because clubs don’t want an unhappy player and also don’t want to turn future recruits off. Cleary is a massive hypocrite. Imagine if his chin had wanted a release to join him at the Tigers
I don’t think anyone at Penrith is having trouble sleeping at night thinking about looking like ***** in Bulldog fans eyes.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just release him already..end all this talk and thread after thread..!! Be the best option lol.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone at Penrith is having trouble sleeping at night thinking about looking like ***** in Bulldog fans eyes.
Look outside the square, it’s not just bulldogs fans, it’s future recruits too. They can’t have it both ways

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look outside the square, it’s not just bulldogs fans, it’s future recruits too. They can’t have it both ways
I really don’t think that’s the case. I think pretty much every person working in rugby league would see it for what it is and that’s just business. It’s only Bulldog fans who are looking for things that aren’t there.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck I'm sick of hearing from this guy. Hope we can land a traditional silent sponsor whenever his contract is over
He is getting us good press coverage, and has the ear of influential people. Good news stories have been a rarity for the Dogs.

It might annoy you; and it's OK that you feel that way; but others feel differently. I'm happy that Arthur is our sponsor, and promoting our interests.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I really don’t think that’s the case. I think pretty much every person working in rugby league would see it for what it is and that’s just business. It’s only Bulldog fans who are looking for things that aren’t there.
Ahh ok. What’s the real reason you’ve been anti-Laundy from day one? Is it who got him over the line or other reasons?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
i think this is a ploy to put pressure on the panthers, but they need it to not come from the club itself but someone powerful.
Send Sam Kasiano around to see Cleary.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh ok. What’s the real reason you’ve been anti-Laundy from day one? Is it who got him over the line or other reasons?
Maybe I just don't think Laundy deserves mountains of praise for giving a modest sponsorship and constantly running to the media to get his name in the paper but that's just me. Good on him for sponsoring the club but apart from that he still has a lot to prove and when/if he does he will get his deserved credit from me.