Round 2 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So because Crighton was injured during training we can bring in a centre/winger ?
Bring in schoupp if that's the case
Only if you don't have someone for the position and you've got Cotric, Hoppa, DWZ, Meaney.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So because Crighton was injured during training we can bring in a centre/winger ?
Bring in schoupp if that's the case
We were supposedly signing Manu as an injury replacement...can't find the article about it though and haven't heard anything about it since so I could've imagined it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
team sheet looked like that but cotric was with meaney. centre in attack and winger in defense.
I stand corrected. They played that way in the trial, and then swapped. But yes, the team sheet stated otherwise.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No we have plenty of outside backs already in the top 30. The rule is to cover positions that you can’t fill with what you have in your top 30.

example:

you lose all your props due to injury.

NRL will allow you an exemption to bring in props from outside your top 30 until the originals return. This is to avoid wingers forced to play in the front row and getting injured/flogged.
But brandon smith is a hooker in their top 30? And hynes can cover there too.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But brandon smith is a hooker in their top 30? And hynes can cover there too.
You need more than 1 hooker and hynes isn’t a hooker. Technically any player can cover it, but if they are not listed/suitable then you can get the exemption.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
After last weeks performance, unfortunately we are going to get smashed.

Here’s to keeping it within 12 points

Prove me wrong please boys

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do we not have any other forwards that offer more than what Napa dished out last week?
Would love to see him traded off before June 30, which I feel is a distinct possibility. Thank god it’s his last season with us. We’ll never make the finals with him in the team. Should never have been signed.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder where we sit in the league if you break the team down to the spine, forwards, backs and bench?

I say the spine and bench would be the worst and the backs and forwards towards the bottom of the league.
agreed... still a lot of work to be done

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You need more than 1 hooker and hynes isn’t a hooker. Technically any player can cover it, but if they are not listed/suitable then you can get the exemption.
But jmk is a 5.8 they just turned him into a hooker, same can happen with hynes.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
JMK has been playing hooker for the past 2 years, hynes hasn’t... anything else kid?
Why haven't a club like manly got a exemption but? They have no hookers available.
Who's to say hynes can't play hooker though?
Storm get special treatment always have. Brandon smith is the Nz hooker but they need an exemption still.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why haven't a club like manly got a exemption but? They have no hookers available.
Who's to say hynes can't play hooker though?
Storm get special treatment always have. Brandon smith is the Nz hooker but they need an exemption still.
I don’t know why they havent got an exemption. Maybe they have capable hookers in their 30, I don’t know the make up of their roster. Maybe they haven’t applied for an exemption. Hynes is a back, he plays in the backline end of story. You need more than 1 in your top 30. We got “special” treatment as well....