Pope Francis says priests cannot bless same-sex unions

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well the most important "Holy Man" is Jesus, His only commandment was to love one another as He loves us. In a perfect, un-corrupted world, He would fit in just fine. But this world is far from perfect and a devils playground, He would be called the "bad guy".
The World was a bad place back then 2000 years ago which is why God sent Jesus down to us. Between then and now we've had the dark ages as well - but when you take a look at the world today, it is, in my opinion, much worse than it was back then, because less people are following a religion (and I'm not specifically mentioning Christianity), but the very fact that many people are turning away from God or have faith in general is what's making this world a bad place. I think Christ's coming is a lot sooner than most people think.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The one thing that I could never understand is the authoritarian stuff in the bible. The bible clearly states that you must follow the authority in power/government, and that the leading authority or government is put in power by God. But it was inevitable that the laws of the authority would contradict the teachings of the bible.
Well following the law is one thing, but that doesn't mean that it's the morally correct thing. Scott Morrison for instance is a devout Christian and has never said he supports SSM. In fact he's fighting for Christianity more than the media shows.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The World was a bad place back then 2000 years ago which is why God sent Jesus down to us. Between then and now we've had the dark ages as well - but when you take a look at the world today, it is, in my opinion, much worse than it was back then, because less people are following a religion (and I'm not specifically mentioning Christianity), but the very fact that many people are turning away from God or have faith in general is what's making this world a bad place. I think Christ's coming is a lot sooner than most people think.
I personally think the world is in a much better place than it was back then. Not just due to modern medicine. There's also a better standard of living, less conflict, etc. But that leads to other problems, like overpopulation.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well following the law is one thing, but that doesn't mean that it's the morally correct thing. Scott Morrison for instance is a devout Christian and has never said he supports SSM. In fact he's fighting for Christianity more than the media shows.

Scott Morrison has claimed he now supports same-sex marriage because it has allowed people to “get on with their lives” and he “always supports the law of the country”

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Honestly in supporting SSM, he goes further than he needs to.

As far as I'm concerned, being anti-same sex marriage is basically just being discriminatory, because Christians don't have a monopoly on marriage. But not supporting SSM is fine. I wouldn't expect any Christian to support SSM, but I also wouldn't expect any Christian to make a stand against SSM for the same reason I wouldn't expect any atheist to make a stand against religion.

You can be an atheist without being anti-religious, the same way you can be Christian without being anti-SSM. Just because you're not anti something, doesn't mean you're pro.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The Catholic Church has a long and sordid history of advocating discrimination so this comes as no surprise. And I just love the way this rancid, festering, malignant institution differentiates between gays are bad, but protecting paedophile priests, oh that's aok.
Way to single them out there! Bigotry.
EVERY religion is anti gay.
Being gay is counter productive to the advancement and continued procreation of society.
Male+ female= babies and on and on.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
That so called sacredness is little more than a self-serving convenience to protect paedophile priests.
One thing I have learnt from going to chat rooms is just how many pedos there are out there. It’s sickening. Once I caught on to their tricks of how they attract each other’s attention I could see how subtle but frequent it was.
The problem is, they infiltrated priesthood to get access to little kids. Not many, but enough to make headlines.
Priests fiddling little boys is not a church thing. If anything it’s more a gay thing.
Church could definitely have been more proactive in screening. I hope they have learnt the lesson.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the most important "Holy Man" is Jesus, His only commandment was to love one another as He loves us. In a perfect, un-corrupted world, He would fit in just fine. But this world is far from perfect and a devils playground, He would be called the "bad guy".
Lucky he is not around, imagine he rocks up to a bar does the old water to wine trick .
The me too movement would be out for blood

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not if you were an Egyptian developer pyramids were all the rage and labour was cheap
Pretty crap negotiation skills TBW. They had to pay the builders with food, accommodation and beer. I could probably get a pyramid built now days by just offering beer.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Your church discriminates based on sexual orientation, this is a fact you simply refuse to acknowledge. It is also a fact that discriminating against people because of their sexual orientation is NOT acceptable in modern society. Your church is becoming increasingly irrelevant and that is a great thing.
Why is it a good thing Church is irrelevant?
I’m going to assume you mean religion in general.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the 2016 census more Australians put "no religion" in that category than have ever in previous census takes. Dogmatic beliefs are dying all over the world and it will be a great day when we finally throw the yokes of religions off our necks.
Didn't one census heaps of people put Jedi as their religion so that they had to accept it or something along those lines.