Dogs to upset Panthers

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least someone still has some fight.
It's honestly hard to predict how well we'll go as a team based on last week. I didn't see the game due to work. Read a lot about us making plenty of errors and mistakes in defence. But being starved of possession can really contribute to that in a big way. So I'm not writing my team off yet. But based on last year (and in boxing terms) you guys are regarded as a heavyweight fighter while we are a featherweight. But while ther's a chance there's hope.

You guys better keep an eye on Burton though as I'm hearing we're going to smuggle him onto the bus when we leave.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We were terrible against the sharks in the first half in the trial .If morris didn't take townsend and molan off they would have won easily.the same against the knights.
Honestly it was like watching a hasler or pay coached team .one out then kick.there is no way we can win doing that.FFS pop a few passes out the back get some second phase going like the knights were doing.
We will get lapped by sides this year,the games quicker and some of our guys run like they're in slow motion.
More impressed with the guys that played 2nd half in the trial .
I'm afraid we'll end up stone motherless last.
For such a big club I could handle 2 or 3 years of shit but this has gone on way too long......

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We were terrible against the sharks in the first half in the trial .If morris didn't take townsend and molan off they would have won easily.the same against the knights.
Honestly it was like watching a hasler or pay coached team .one out then kick.there is no way we can win doing that.FFS pop a few passes out the back get some second phase going like the knights were doing.
We will get lapped by sides this year,the games quicker and some of our guys run like they're in slow motion.
More impressed with the guys that played 2nd half in the trial .
I'm afraid we'll end up stone motherless last.
For such a big club I could handle 2 or 3 years of shit but this has gone on way too long......
did you see a differance between our trail and round 1 game regarding attack?

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As the title suggests I reckon we have a chance against them at Bankwest if we get even possession. I didn't think we were that bad against the Knights just got tired from all the defence.
It’s called wishful thinking

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kikau one on one ten out is going to be a disaster

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone see any obvious changes in our team for next week? For mine, we were weak up the middle. We need to wrestle better with the ball runner to allow our D to reset. Id be starting Atoni for Ogden and hopefully JMK is hooker. Id also have RFM on left edge and Elliot right edge. In coming weeks I'd seriously try Lewis at hooker in training. His D up the middle could be invaluable. Round 5 Thomo is back. We must jag a win in next few weeks to build confidence.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can improve in a few areas but I doubt sufficiently enough to compete against the riff at the moment.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can anyone see any obvious changes in our team for next week? For mine, we were weak up the middle. We need to wrestle better with the ball runner to allow our D to reset. Id be starting Atoni for Ogden and hopefully JMK is hooker. Id also have RFM on left edge and Elliot right edge. In coming weeks I'd seriously try Lewis at hooker in training. His D up the middle could be invaluable. Round 5 Thomo is back. We must jag a win in next few weeks to build confidence.
JMK starting if back from injury.
RFM starting over Waddell.
Doorey onto the bench (either no utility or over Waddell).
The rest can stay as is for another week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the idea someone had about starting Napa has merit.

Feed the guy raw meat and wire him up to an electric prod and he might be able to focus and do his job for the first 25 mins.

Can tweak a few of them but basically that's all there is anyway if Schoup can't play yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the idea someone had about starting Napa has merit.

Feed the guy raw meat and wire him up to an electric prod and he might be able to focus and do his job for the first 25 mins.

Can tweak a few of them but basically that's all there is anyway if Schoup can't play yet.
Napa doesn't offer enough impact off the bench, I think we just leave him out there until players are fatigued. Barrett might also be trying some things to fire him up and to get some better form out of him but I think he's finished in the NRL. Holbrook was able to do it with Wallace but Napa's a different kettle of fish.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA as if we will get even possession that’s a laugh after last week HAHAHA! We will probably Gerard Sutton this week which means even less possession of the ball :tearsofjoy:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to see us win but it wont happen this week.. we just dont have enough points in us atm..