U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Trump lowered taxes overall for everyone.
No, he didn’t.
For the upper middle class and rich, yes.
I know a number of Americans who say their taxes didn’t change and a small few who say they went up.
Anything else is a furphy.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was told Mods didn't delete that post so I assumed.

Your post was still inappropriate and off the chart horrible.

My calling out those words is not twisted, lefty argument....it's common decency on a thread about Coronavirus where it should not have been brought up in the first place but you couldn't help yourself to spew forth your feelings.

As I suggested, get your own thread then those who are affected, won't bother to read such horrible words.
Lol “get your own thread” darl I made one. It got nuked coz of you people not dealing with not being able to condemn everyone of Nazis and racists so the mods eventually deleted it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So is everyone gonna ignore the fact that Antifa website is the White House site?
Could have been a hacker, or anything. I'm sure the white house would not willingly associate itself with Antifa. Find a real problem.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Never trust sources like Marjorie Greene and Sean Parnell. They deliberately peddle misinformation. Dr Levine never issues a directive for people who still had COVID to be returned to nursing homes. She issued a directive that thos who were found to have recovered could return to their homes....given COVID was testing hospital capacity, what else would you expect her to do? Also, she made the decision to remove her mother from her home montrhs later as deaths were increasing....after consulting her....ie she did what any responsible person would for a parent who was of sound mind and expressed a desire to be moved

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check...health-pick-contribute-elderly-deaths-1562802

To cut straight to the finding.

There is no evidence to support Greene's claim that Levine placed coronavirus-positive patients in nursing home facilities, thus likely contributing "to the thousands of elderly deaths in Pennsylvania."

It is true that coronavirus nursing home-associated deaths have risen in the state.

However, although Levine serves as the Pennsylvania secretary of health and was active in that position when the state's health department issued the guidance to nursing home facilities saying they can accept patients from hospitals and patients who formerly had COVID-19, that does not prove she placed coronavirus-positive patients in nursing homes or contributed to thousands of elderly deaths in the state.

To accuse someone of mishandling a situation is one thing.....but you're using words like massacred? You must be really upset today, because that is hyperbole to the point of absurdity. Typical bullshit taken directly from the same old full of shit sources.

Relating to your other point to Wen re percentage of deaths in nursing homes.

On Tuesday, the Pennsylvania Department of Health issued an update stating there have been 19,467 coronavirus-related deaths statewide.

Of the deaths, 10,022 are associated with nursing homes and personal care facilities in Pennsylvania, according to recent data from the state Department of Health.

That's much less than the 75 per cent of nursing home COVID deaths related to nursing homes in Au according to your own figures. Those figures don't really support your narrative of an aged care system in crisis.
Also, none of this is a surprise.

Every state who issued health orders similar to Pennsylvania and New York, literally massacred their senior citizens in the thousands.

While states like Florida who didn't issue the orders had very different outcomes:

States that issued orders similar to Cuomo’s recorded comparably grim outcomes. Michigan lost 5% of roughly 38,000 nursing home residents to COVID-19 since the outbreak began. New Jersey lost 12% of its more than 43,000 residents.

In Florida, where such transfers were barred, just 1.6% of 73,000 nursing home residents died of the virus. California, after initially moving toward a policy like New York’s, quickly revised it. So far, it has lost 2% of its 103,000 nursing home residents.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, he didn’t.
I know a number of Americans who say their taxes didn’t change and a small few who say they went up.
What their "tax cut" was the following:-

What it used to be: Week by week there was a greater amount of tax cut from people's pay but they received their rebates at the end of the year

What trump changed it to

Less tax cut week by week, but less of a rebate at the end of the year.

The NET affect at the end of the year, lower and middle class were paying MORE tax.

But yet trumptards saw this as a tax cut.

Giving advice to a fool, is like giving medicine to a dead man.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, he didn’t.
Pretty sure it wasn’t just for rich, that’s what I read anyway

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Nursing care facilities must continue to accept new admissions and receive readmissions for current residents who have been discharged from the hospital who are stable to alleviate the increasing burden in the acute care settings. This may include stable patients who have had the COVID-19 virus.

Who have had, not who have. There's nothing in here that states patients still testing positive should be released back to their homes. Just that those found to be stable who have had the virus should be readmitted....and necessary iso guidelines as supported by the CDC should be followed when dealing with re-admissions who have been treated for the virus. A little ambiguity in the wording, I suppose....perhaps the word recovered should have been used in place of stable, but the words who have had are clearly an example of past tense. Nothing about this fact check seems innacurate based on the info you just provided.

And once again, the percentage figures for nursing home related deaths in PA just don't add up with your narrative.

Oh and who dafuq are you to preach to anyone about the importance of accuracy? Lol
Finally:

Today the Justice Department requested COVID-19 data from the governors of states that issued orders which may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents. New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan required nursing homes to admit COVID-19 patients to their vulnerable populations, often without adequate testing.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gee, maybe because of the massive security arrangements required and to avoid another insurrection and more needless Covid deaths both caused by your man? Oh that’s right, Covid is fake. Back to your favourite QAnon sites Alzz :tearsofjoy:.
Don’t individual states manage COVID like they do here. Wouldn’t it be there responsibility more so than Trumps? Not sure. I heard Biden will try make masks mandatory etc. He only controls federal land, establishments etc. it’s up to individual governors I thought to enforce.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gee, maybe because of the massive security arrangements required and to avoid another insurrection and more needless Covid deaths both caused by your man? Oh that’s right, Covid is fake. Back to your favourite QAnon sites Alzz :tearsofjoy:.
And good luck with that, some Americans still complain about having to wear seatbelts

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t individual states manage COVID like they do here. Wouldn’t it be there responsibility more so than Trumps? Not sure. I heard Biden will try make masks mandatory etc. He only controls federal land, establishments etc. it’s up to individual governors I thought to enforce.
Yes, similar to elections, state controlled.
But the feds can do more with assistance from everything like PPE, ventilators, vaccine logistics, personnel etc. It’s a pity Trump politicised it, trying to make ‘blue states’ look bad with their handling of the matter. He made statements that his power was ‘absolute’ - and even though that’s wrong, he could’ve done more, he was simply focussed on re-election. And look how that turned out.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, similar to elections, state controlled.
But the feds can do more with assistance from everything like PPE, ventilators, vaccine logistics, personnel etc. It’s a pity Trump politicised it, trying to make ‘blue states’ look bad with their handling of the matter. He made statements that his power was ‘absolute’ - and even though that’s wrong, he could’ve done more, he was simply focussed on re-election. And look how that turned out.
Yeah I see. But to me it’s the state’s fault more than the presidents. Yes he could have done things, so could they.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

"In Pennsylvania, about 65% of coronavirus deaths were nursing-home residents, and in counties in the hardest hit southeastern part of the state, long-term care residents account for as much as 80% of county deaths.".

"As of June 2, at least 79 percent of COVID-19 deaths in Pennsylvania involve residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities, and this may not even be the full story. Gov. Wolf and his administration continue to lack transparency and honesty in the reporting of COVID-19 deaths at these facilities, making it hard for all Pennsylvanians to understand the full impact of COVID-19 on our Seniors"

"During a May 21 press conference, PA Secretary of Health Rachel Levine falsely claimed that the guidance requiring these admissions and readmissions came from the federal government, specifically the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). I took these claims very seriously, and personally inquired with both federal agencies; bottom line – no such policy existed/exists. Never during the pandemic did the CDC or CMS advise state officials to require the admission and readmission of COVID-19 positive individuals into long-term care facilities. "

Lol who is to say the sources you've provided haven't misinterpreted the figures.....

"In Pennsylvania, about 65% of coronavirus deaths were nursing-home residents, and in counties in the hardest hit southeastern part of the state, long-term care residents account for as much as 80% of county deaths.".

"As of June 2, at least 79 percent of COVID-19 deaths in Pennsylvania involve residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities, and this may not even be the full story. Gov. Wolf and his administration continue to lack transparency and honesty in the reporting of COVID-19 deaths at these facilities, making it hard for all Pennsylvanians to understand the full impact of COVID-19 on our Seniors"

"During a May 21 press conference, PA Secretary of Health Rachel Levine falsely claimed that the guidance requiring these admissions and readmissions came from the federal government, specifically the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). I took these claims very seriously, and personally inquired with both federal agencies; bottom line – no such policy existed/exists. Never during the pandemic did the CDC or CMS advise state officials to require the admission and readmission of COVID-19 positive individuals into long-term care facilities. "

I don't have time to sit around playing link tennis with you all day....the figures in the links you just bombarded me with aren't even consistent. Even if you take the average of the two figures quoted in the links you sent me, it still comes to a little less than the 75 per cent. Possibly the figures of nursing home deaths have reduced as they have gotten a grip on how to properly handle the crisis, while cases in the general public have continued to spike, which would explain the discrepancies between our figures. My source is more recent, so that is the best explanation I can come up with. It is not particularly unusual for bureaucrats to make big mistakes in dealing with a major health crisis. Florida even made the same mistakes initially, but appears to have corrected them a lot more quickly. Why that would be, I don't really have time to unpack....it could be they just reacted better, or it could be they had the luxury of time and seeing how things were going pear shaped in areas hit with major outbreaks first. Given NY and PA were among the first states hit by huge outbreaks, I'd wager on the latter.....but I really don't have time to look into it further.

I have not tried to argue that mistakes weren't made....or that testing and screening was adequate....very likely mistakes were made (and major ones, at that). Equally likely that testing was not adequate. These things can happen when the health system is overburdened. I am simply asking you to provide evidence that authorisation was given to readmit patients who were still testing positive to COVID to nursing homes. It seems to be to be a blatant falsehood, to me. I haven't seen any evidence of it in the info you've provided. I am also pointing out that your use of the term massacre, is an example of hyperbole to the point of absurdity ....especially given your support of Trump and his own handling of the pandemic. Before you ask, no I'm not going into details of the mistakes he made. I have pointed them out to you time and time again and you just ignore them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.