Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t mind if we sign Allen. Anything over about 350k sounds high but he has something about him and could be very good. Looks slow and lumbering at times but I think that’s deceptive. He beats players regularly when he looks covered - pretty elusive for a big bloke.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Avo's future is at centre. Barrett is thinking this:

1. JAC / Allan
2. JAC / Allan
3. Cotric
4. Avo
5. DWZ / Okunbor / Meaney (battle of the duds)
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’ll probably be between Allan and Meaney, one on fullback and one on the wing as Okunbor is injured.

Averillo would be 5/8, and possibly transition to fullback when Burton comes.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. JAC / Allan
2. JAC / Allan
3. Cotric
4. Avo
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
If Averillo doesn’t improve his defence I can’t see him having a future at centre. He is a deer in the headlights at times.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

1. JAC / Allan
2. JAC / Allan
3. Cotric
4. Avo
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
Yep this is what i think barrett is doing for 22

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If, and thats a big IF this news is true, I wouldn’t be too disappointed because from he had shown when filling in for Latrell at Fullback and we he was selected for SOO it looks like he has finally realised his potential and is about to hit peak form in his career. Great speed, footwork and skills and also has developed the ability to draw in defenders and be a ball playing fullback like all great fullbacks should be equiped with. I hope the rumour is true because he could potentially be another Barba for us in the years to come.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If, and thats a big IF this news is true, I wouldn’t be too disappointed because from he had shown when filling in for Latrell at Fullback and we he was selected for SOO it looks like he has finally realised his potential and is about to hit peak form in his career. Great speed, footwork and skills and also has developed the ability to draw in defenders and be a ball playing fullback like all great fullbacks should be equiped with. I hope the rumour is true because he could potentially be another Barba for us in the years to come.
Me likes the way you speak. Continue. Continue.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 2021 could be

1. Averillo
2. JAC
3. Cotiric
4. Allan
5. Okunbor / DWZ
6. Burton
7. Flanagan

That is a top 4 backline

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Madone. And not the Madone your thinking. It’s more aimed at that Bulldogs 4 life page. I swear on the Holy Mudda that the cocksucker, excuse my language, who runs that page is on serious heroin. One time I was reading the page and he said we don’t post rumours yet he shared about 50 posts on the whole Bevan French thing. He is a fuckin retard

Last edited:

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric will not be playing in the centres

Barrett does not rate Nick as a centre

Moving forward (2022 onwards) our long term wingers are JAC and Cotric

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Wouldn't suprise me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As usual I'll await confirmation from the club about any signing. We are somewhat thin in the backline though, so can't hurt to sign another one.

That's what I thought? And I'm not trying to be smart about this, but I'd really like to understand where people see Av?

Or as I think @Spoonman84 said? Maybe Av really hasn't shown up in preseason? Failed to impress?
Still needs a little time to toughen up in my opinion. He had moments of brilliance. But also copped some big hits and went into his shell in a few games. Not sure where he'll find a regular position long term. But it starts with him toughening up IMO.

He looked streaks above anything we had last year. I don’t get the massive wraps everyone has on Averillo. Looks decent but has plenty of flaws.
The potential is clearly there with Averillo IMO. But I agree that he's not someone that I'd class as a star just yet. Occasional moments of class are great if you're at least solid in defense and contributing something in every game. But I do think he's not quite ready for the physicality of the NRL just yet. He pretty much skipped a grade to jump into the NRL and I think he'd have been eased in if we weren't lacking some class in the backline last year.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Blokes played origin and is a fullback wing I can’t see why not he is available mad not to look at him rather him then mansour he is 22
[/
Another young talented indigenous lad ... sign him up quick. Fuck man-sore!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

And how do you know this?