NRL star scammed out of $350K by dodgy agent... and may not get any of the money back

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Elijah Taylor, formerly of the Wests Tigers.
Elijah Taylor, formerly of the Wests Tigers.Source: AAP
Former rugby league Test star Elijah Taylor was reportedly scammed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars by his former agent, and may not see a cent in return despite winning a legal case against it.
Wide World of Sports reports Taylor’s former manager Ian Miles scammed more than $350,000 from the New Zealand international.
The veteran forward won a court battle in Christchurch where Miles was ordered to pay $484,824 in damages to his one-time client.
But WWOS says Miles has been declared bankrupt, meaning Taylor may not see any of that money.
Miles managed Taylor for more than four years before the player cottoned on to the dirty dealings of the man he trusted with his money.
WWOS quoted a source supposedly close to Taylor, as saying, “Elijah is shattered as Ian was a close friend and someone he trusted with his money”.
Taylor played 11 Tests for New Zealand and has 186 NRL games to his name.
He’s only 30 years old but is currently without an NRL deal for next season.

Now maybe it's the business your Uncle Paulie is in so I got an understanding about this contract shit and sure the contracts I take out are a bit different and I can't talk about them. But Madone. These rugby league players seem to be dumb as dog shit. After all these years, these stronzo players still can't figure out how to do they own fuckin contracts. They got gabagool for fuckin brains. A manager takes what 10 - 20 precent cut off their contracts and they just have a couple meetings and BOOM, advice you to the highest bidder. I almost got no sympathy for them when this shit happens

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Former rugby league Test star Elijah Taylor was reportedly scammed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars by his former agent, and may not see a cent in return despite winning a legal case against it.
Wide World of Sports reports Taylor’s former manager Ian Miles scammed more than $350,000 from the New Zealand international.
The veteran forward won a court battle in Christchurch where Miles was ordered to pay $484,824 in damages to his one-time client.
But WWOS says Miles has been declared bankrupt, meaning Taylor may not see any of that money.
Miles managed Taylor for more than four years before the player cottoned on to the dirty dealings of the man he trusted with his money.
WWOS quoted a source supposedly close to Taylor, as saying, “Elijah is shattered as Ian was a close friend and someone he trusted with his money”.

Now maybe it's the business your Uncle Paulie is in so I got an understanding about this contract shit and sure the contracts I take out are a bit different and I can't talk about them. But Madone. These rugby league players seem to be dumb as dog shit. After all these years, these stronzo players still can't figure out how to do they own fuckin contracts. They got gabagool for fuckin brains. A manager takes what 10 - 20 precent cut off their contracts and they just have a couple meetings and BOOM, advice you to the highest bidder. I almost got no sympathy for them when this shit happens
I have sympathy for them. Many players end up busted and with lifelong niggling injury to deal with. The game should be setting them up for life. Sucks for them to lose out on big money like this because some scumbag is a greedy turf. You know that the players are generally not rocket scientists though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the one at all, poor guy, been around for along time, didn’t deserve that.!!

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
15,000 children die every day in Africa through malnutrition.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

If thats the way you truly feel about this poor bloke getting shafted by a trusted friend then you mate need an uppercut!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
If thats the way you truly feel about this poor bloke getting shafted by a trusted friend then you mate need an uppercut!
Alright, alright calm down. I didn't say I had no sympathy. Your right it's terrible. I'm just shocked players still think they need a manager. You can get your contracts proofread for a one off fee instead of paying some cocksucker a percentage every year of your salary. Or you can learn how to do it yourself which is the point I am making. Christian Welsch anyone ? As for the douchebag that stole from him he is is rat but who trusts friends with money ? Always ends badly, fuck your family can do you dirty so thats really on Mr Taylor

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These need to wise up a lot of the agents don’t have the players interest at heart. But this poor blokes lost money through someone he trusted well thought he trusted and that shit no matter who it is.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Who’s seen the video yet of some idiot filming himself threatening the manager. I don’t even know what the manager looks like so I have no idea if it’s real but my main question is why would you film it?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who’s seen the video yet of some idiot filming himself threatening the manager. I don’t even know what the manager looks like so I have no idea if it’s real but my main question is why would you film it?
I’ve seen it

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a pos especially ellijah had trusted him so much

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah last time I checked Elijah Taylor wasn't a hectic with a stanley knife lol.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should’ve given him more. How a person could do that to someone I have no idea

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah last time I checked Elijah Taylor wasn't a hectic with a stanley knife lol.

The only problem is you can only withdraw $2000 from most ATMs so yeah I’m not sure if he got the $400,000 back that night. Only 199 more nights to go.