Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or the refs can give us penalties after the full time whistle, even when we’re on the team bus heading home
Lol. Love it!

Where have you been all my life? And what time are you coming around?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sorry Tassie , we'll have to agree to disagree on this one but with the kind of speed he posses he will end up like Ben Barba at Fullback and I think we will see a similar style to Ben with some exiting length of the field tries.
That's fine and understand what you're saying. I'm just basing my opinion from. What I've heard from the club via the media.

Av has had his contract extended and literally fullback is the only position he can play in now it's Burton coming. Baz himself hasn't talked about JAC being signed as a fullback, tho mentions it as a possibility. But talks more about other options.

For me, fullback is for Av to lose in '21. If he has a shocker, then no doubt JAC will step in. But if he plays well, then JAC will be on the wing which is why Barrett has been so coy on it all ... Imo

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You think the Bunnies are spewing ? have a look at the Tigers forum they are shell shocked they're all saying "why would he go to a team who came 2nd last when they offered him more money?" they even wanted to swap Norfalooma for JAC.
Had a look there. Some fella who said jac had signed with us last week also said were making a play for mcinness if we miss out on the cheese

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Had a look there. Some fella who said jac had signed with us last week also said were making a play for mcinness if we miss out on the cheese
I really hope we get McInnes, just a great leader and defender. We need to move on from Jackson soon and having someone like Cameron to take over from him is vital imo.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tigers forum are spewing though. Carrying on asking how could someone choose a rubble place like the bulldogs over the tigers. Hahaha no one wants to play for the tigers. When will they get it
Club from 1935 or a shitty merger haha Dogs all day. Tigers are going to have the biggest hangover from Harry Grant leaving the poor *****

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are we all in agreement that the biggest loss to a club is not the players but Penrith for letting Barret go?
I dont want to be a downer but let's just wait until we are well into the 2021 season. There has been significant changes to the club from the top down & sometimes it takes a while for all the good to come together, this is also assuming no serious injuries to significant players in vital positions.
In saying that it will have to be better than recent years but let's not get ahead of ourselves!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s to stop us getting b smith and giving them Napa for 2021? Obviously that’s if smith wants to come and they want Napa. But I’ve heard we are chasing smith hard! Also what’s to stop jac coming 2021 on a loan deal after round 1. That will void the heads of agreement with tigers and we can field a very strong side next year with Burton a possibility of joining us next year also. Yes I have high hopes but from what’s happened with this club and recruitment lately I won’t be surprised by anything lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow great high lights, he is nearly as good as Ben Barba he ended up at fullback with his incredible speed & that's where JAC will play as well.
Dont think so mate. He is a winger, and will play there imo. Averilo is our long term fb. Like Barba, Averilo is a running five eighth with a kicking game, that could easily adapt to fb given time. JAC is incredibly quick, and very talented, but he does not have the skill set required for fb. Again, just my opinion, but it also seems to be Baz' opinion.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's fine and understand what you're saying. I'm just basing my opinion from. What I've heard from the club via the media.

Av has had his contract extended and literally fullback is the only position he can play in now it's Burton coming. Baz himself hasn't talked about JAC being signed as a fullback, tho mentions it as a possibility. But talks more about other options.

For me, fullback is for Av to lose in '21. If he has a shocker, then no doubt JAC will step in. But if he plays well, then JAC will be on the wing which is why Barrett has been so coy on it all ... Imo
Averilo will take time to adjust to fb, just like barba did. Even Lockyer for that matter. Baz suggested that JAC will be on the wing, but chime in at fb from time to time, im guessing when in attacking position. This is pretty common these days as well.
Avo is a lock for fb. I will be shocked if he doesnt start there in rd 1.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 09 recruitment was astonishly good. Without a doubt. The talent we signed then is better than now as all of those players were established 1st graders, no?

However ... in regards to long-term potential what we're doing now is beyond anything I can recall when it comes to recruitment. Happy to be corrected, but I don't remember us ever buying players such as these who could literally be here for another 6+ years together at least. This is what excites me the most.

They all will need time, but signing Cotric & JAC PLUS extending Avo's contract is masterclass. Getting the calibre of Burton & Flannagan in who can be our halves for another 6+ years both just starting out their 1st grade careers. Brilliant.

If we get in this yougn prop from the Panthers, and a hooker ... All seemingly at good prices. All still with a lot to prove and not here as their last paycheck. All buying into the club culture.

Never in my 40+ years of supporting the Dogs have I been this excited about recruitment.
We recruited really well around 83-84 (Terry Lamb, Peter Tunks, Peter Kelly, Mark Bugden, Brian Battese, Daryl Brohman, Phil Gould) with immediate ultimate success. New coach also in Warren Ryan.

If we can jag Brandon Smith, Stephen Crichton (or Staggs) and Spencer Lenui I think we'll be a big chance in the next few years. We can definitely afford these 3 if we shed Napa, Hopa and a few others like Lewis etc.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is the head of agreement he signed with Tigers prevents him from going to any club that isn't the Storm in 2021.
From a legal standpoint the heads of agreement is not enforceable.
It’s an agreement around terms and conditions.

I think he is free to play at the dogs next year from a legal perspective.
I guess the nrl would have to register the contract and tigers accept it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We recruited really well around 83-84 (Terry Lamb, Peter Tunks, Peter Kelly, Mark Bugden, Brian Battese, Daryl Brohman, Phil Gould) with immediate ultimate success. New coach also in Warren Ryan.

If we can jag Brandon Smith, Stephen Crichton (or Staggs) and Spencer Lenui I think we'll be a big chance in the next few years. We can definitely afford these 3 if we shed Napa, Hopa and a few others like Lewis etc.
Fiar call this.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Yep. Every time we go on a recruitment drive with new coach we end up doing well, as you mentioned in 83-84 and in 08-09. It's just unfortunate some of our purchases are for 2022 and not 2021. And there is no reason we can't go from 15th to top 4 in one year, a lot of teams have done this in the past including the dogs after a good recruitment drive.