Official Josh Addo-Carr joins the pack

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Addo-Carr first pursued his release from Melbourne 12 months ago to move back closer to Sydney-based family.

Hill added that throughout talks with the 25-year-old the long-forged Bulldogs values of 'The Family Club', which Melbourne looked to during the foundation years of the late-90s, loomed as a trump card in negotiations.

"To be fair, his desire to come back to Sydney was instrumental," Hill said.

"There's no denying that was critical. After that, what set us apart from the other clubs pursuing him was that Melbourne and the Bulldogs, in terms of culture and values that the Storm was built on are very similar.

"In fact some of it was modelled on our club many years ago when Melbourne was first established.

"So in terms of culture, that was there and then Josh has indicated his confidence in the players we have and that he can continue to improve his footy here and maintain his status in the game as arguably the best winger going."

Source

Does the history and culture of the club matter? 100%. Also interesting to note the bit at the end about status as the best winger...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ve Had 3 get out of your chair and yell from happiness moments at work this year. 1 was lakers lifting the trophy. 1 was burton and the other was this today.

Don’t remember the last time we picked up this quality of players. I mean 09 was good with ennis, stagg, Hannant, Morris, kimmorley and beast. But these are up there in terms of excitement.

in burton and flanno you have the 2 best halves under 22. Cotric is a rep quality player and still super young (even has a couple of kangaroo caps to his name) and jac is without a doubt one of the most exciting players in the comp. and that list doesn’t include the grunt and firebrands we picked up for the pack.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah @MasterP mentioned this a few days ago too so credit to him. Also @Bulldogsteve hinted at this a couple of days ago as well as @Malla who mentioned this a month ago so it seems some people have the good oil on TK. They're more reliable than the c***s in the media

@ASSASSIN bro, what the hell happened with your source?

Forgot to add @D- voice who, in his usual cryptic way, also hinted at this

Keep em coming boys...we appreciate it
What about Piggy?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah @MasterP mentioned this a few days ago too so credit to him. Also @Bulldogsteve hinted at this a couple of days ago as well as @Malla who mentioned this a month ago so it seems some people have the good oil on TK. They're more reliable than the c***s in the media

@ASSASSIN bro, what the hell happened with your source?

Forgot to add @D- voice who, in his usual cryptic way, also hinted at this

Keep em coming boys...we appreciate it
Let’s unblock nasheed so he can tell us he predicted it or told us it was coming :p

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told you guys and gals, he was no chance of joining the rabbits, it was always the dogs or which ever other sydney team that joined the race late. My 10 year old got to speak to him today on the phone and welcome him to our club, he was telling him " please please fox can you come in 2021 I hate our wingers "hahaha hilliarous

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that’s the case I wouldn’t be surprised Hopa shops around for another club. He’s said he prefers and wants to play FB otherwise they’ll move one of the other two you’ve mentioned on.
Mate if he wants to play fullback it will be in the ESL

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with this. At some point DWZ was quality and then he turned to shit. Maybe TBaz can bring out the best in him again? JAC and a firing DWZ on the wings could be awesome.

Personally I'd go with Meaney. Kid has speed and tries his heart out.
Agree... Need depth as well

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would the foxx be on the same edge as cotric and burton?
Lethal if so!
Probably not, Cotric looks for suited to the right while JAC seems to be killing it out on the left.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would the foxx be on the same edge as cotric and burton?
Lethal if so!
Cotric played on the right wing. Fox plays left. Burton seemed to play mostly on the left. It’s possible