Rumour Spencer Leniu

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow, so the Qld link is more media BS? On par with JAC going to Souths
I don’t know anything about outside of the dogs, I just heard that he is talking to the dogs and it is serious. He could also be talking to the broncos etc. as well.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Following Baz, Burton and Hetherington would be enough to entice him but surely signing Addo-Carr is enough to convince him we're the real deal.

Reactions: rfs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Transfer news: Canterbury, St George Illawarra and Penrith close in on targets | Daily Telegraph
Canterbury, Penrith and St George Illawarra are poised to lock-in some key Christmas signings while another NRL player is expected to quit Australia for England.

In some frantic late-year player movement, The Daily Telegraph can reveal:

*Canterbury is closing in on 110kg Penrith prop Spencer Leniu;

*Brisbane back-rower Jamil Hopoate has been linked to Penrith;

*There is speculation St George Illawarra are close to securing Sharks forward Billy Magoulias; and

*Former Newcastle and Manly hooker Danny Levi is ready to join UK Super League side Salford.

Penrith are desperate to retain Spencer Leniu. Picture: Phil Hillyard

Penrith are desperate to retain Spencer Leniu. Picture: Phil Hillyard

There was increasing speculation on Wednesday night that Leniu was close to joining the Bulldogs, who have won the race to sign Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr for the 2022 season.

Leniu has a contract with Penrith for next season but the 20-year-old could arrive at Belmore for 2022. Bulldogs officials lodged their offer for Leniu several weeks ago and were just awaiting his response.

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett built up a healthy respect for Leniu when an assistant at the Panthers. Leniu’s impending arrival continues an impressive recruitment drive by new coach Barrett.

It appears Penrith’s Malakai Watene-Zelezniak has also joined Canterbury on a train and trial deal, joining his brother and fellow former Panther, Dallin, at Belmore.

It continues a trend of Panthers players defecting to Canterbury following the Bulldogs’ capture of Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington.

Jamil Hopoate could be headed from Brisbane to Penrith. Picture: Matt Roberts/Getty Images

Jamil Hopoate could be headed from Brisbane to Penrith. Picture: Matt Roberts/Getty Images

Penrith have identified former Brisbane back-rower Hopoate, the brother of Bulldogs star Will, who was one of more than 20 unsigned first-graders. He would offer Panthers some depth after the club lost Hetherington and captain James Tamou.

Hopoate, whose brother Albert Hopoate joined Canberra last week, made his NRL debut in round one this year and played 12 games for the Broncos.

He previously played at Manly and Parramatta but was sacked by both clubs for off-field indiscretions. He served nine months of an 18-month jail sentence after pleading guilty to two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in company in Manly in 2014.

Magoulias is under contract at Cronulla for next season but has attracted interest for 2021 after failing to cement himself as a replacement for Paul Gallen following his retirement.

Billy Magoulias could switch from rivals Cronulla to St George Illawarra after failing to lock down a regular spot in the Sharks’ side. Picture: Will Russell/Getty Images

Billy Magoulias could switch from rivals Cronulla to St George Illawarra after failing to lock down a regular spot in the Sharks’ side. Picture: Will Russell/Getty Images

Solid sources tell The Daily Telegraph that the Dragons could be a club that has discussed Magoulias, the 23-year-old lock who scored his first NRL try in Cronulla’s round-two match against Melbourne this year.

Levi left Newcastle for Manly after 2019 and enjoyed a solid year at Brookvale. He was, however, told post-season that he was unwanted by the club for 2021.

While there has been some interest in Levi from NRL clubs, it is understood he has received an appealing offer from Salford.

Levi has not finalised his future but it is anticipated he will join the Red Devils.

It leaves the Sea Eagles without a recognised hooker available for 2021 given the NRL has suspended Manase Fainu indefinitely under its “no fault” stand-down policy after he was hit with several charges after allegedly stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance in October, 2019.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck please get it done!! All it would leave is the cheese and staggs to get !!!

Napa hoppa Lewis jmk out any of c Smith Crichton britt out

Leinu b Smith staggs and a couple minimum wagers in
Staggs is probably my favourite centre.. but his price tag will be a fair bit. We have jac and cotric on fairly big deals. Best off bring schoupp in on minimum, who is also a strong runner reminds me of bradmen best in a way. Save the coin for a hooker, leinu and possible upgrades on flanno Burton avo if they start killing it.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs News

Like This Page · 2 hrs ·

Canterbury is closing in on 110kg Penrith prop Spencer Leniu

There was increasing speculation on Wednesday night that Leniu was close to joining the Bulldogs, who have won the race to sign Melbourne Storm winger Josh Addo-Carr for the 2022 season.

Leniu has a contract with Penrith for next season but the 20-year-old could arrive at Belmore for 2022. Bulldogs officials lodged their offer for Leniu several weeks ago and were just awaiting his response.

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett built up a healthy respect for Leniu when an assistant at the Panthers. Leniu’s impending arrival continues an impressive recruitment drive by new coach Barrett.

It appears Penrith’s Malakai Watene-Zelezniak has also joined Canterbury on a train and trial deal, joining his brother and fellow former Panther, Dallin, at Belmore.

It continues a trend of Panthers players defecting to Canterbury following the Bulldogs’ capture of Matt Burton and Jack Hetherington.

Most relevant
Alex Ross, Timmy Duggan, Simon Marc and 90 others like this.
2 shares
10 comments
Comments
Kaye Anthony

Kaye Anthony What’s a train and trial deal mean ? I hope MWZ will sign never got a chance at panthers treated him like garbage he has so much potential trains like a true champ puts so much effort in when he does one of the most humble guys you will ever meet if he good enough to make the Maori and Tongan sides he definitely good enough for 1st grade
Manage

1h
4 Replies · 1 hr
Leigh Monaghan

Leigh Monaghan Jordan Elliott Collins this will be your best signing if he goes to the dogs
Manage

17m
Andy Anucha Sage

Top fan
Andy Anucha Sage Paul Crowe...
Manage

1h
Kirk Burton

Kirk Burton Frazer Yule
Manage

40m
Kye Chestar

Kye Chestar Lochie Butler Morgan Lynes doggies are the new panthers
Manage

1h
1 Reply
Ben Mitchell

Ben Mitchell Jake Williams every panther is coming
Manage

1h
6 Replies · 33 mins
Rodney Bourke

Top fan
Rodney Bourke Te Mapu Thomas the cheese is soft wudnt n a good choice for the doggies
Manage

6m
Te Mapu Thomas

Te Mapu Thomas Would rather go for the Champ cheese tbh. We need to fill spots that need to be filled or replaced. Nothing against JMK but maybe he could be a bench half or something
Manage

1h
Mohamad Emm

Mohamad Emm Mahdi Hijazi
This blokes a tank
Manage

49m

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we sign stephen crichton i will be going nuts and i will go to every game josha dod carr and stephen crichton togetheir is massive

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we sign stephen crichton i will be going nuts and i will go to every game josha dod carr and stephen crichton togetheir is massive
I think it's very likely the JAC signing rules Crichton out. B. Smith and Leniu should be higher priorities and that'll basically do our salary cap. We also need to think about upgrades in ~2 years time.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So far recruitment wise it has been a wild ride, I don't really see us getting B.Smith but Spencer is a must get.....Leniu is a tank, with good footwork and he runs great lines.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Staggs is probably my favourite centre.. but his price tag will be a fair bit. We have jac and cotric on fairly big deals. Best off bring schoupp in on minimum, who is also a strong runner reminds me of bradmen best in a way. Save the coin for a hooker, leinu and possible upgrades on flanno Burton avo if they start killing it.
Yep as good as Staggs would be we don't need to spend big bucks on Stagg. We have Schoupp also Harley Smith Shields from Canberra would be a cheap steal aswell.